1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Check Out This Dismal Stat

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by c_mac, Dec 9, 2008.

1. c_mac

c_mac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +21
    Tackles:
    Marquand Manuel - 74
    A.J. Hawk - 68

Yes, THE Marquand Manuel, the big safety disappointment for us a few years ago, has more tackles with Denver than our team's LEADING tackler A.J. Hawk. Hawk is our top tackler and ranks 70 overall in the NFL in tackles. Talk about dismal.

2. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Ouch.

3. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    that stat means nothing more than Denvers front 7 lets more stuff get to the safety than ours does.

I don't know why you would bring up a safety having a bunch of tackles as a good thing?

on a side note: yes we do suck defensively.

4. c_mac

c_mac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +21
    ??????

5. dansz15

dansz15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35

Good point. All it proves is that Denver's front 7 is not stopping the run for the most part.

6. retiredgrampa

retiredgrampa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    One GOOD thing that might come out of this....AJ Hawk is a proud football player. He will use this disappointing, injury riddled season as motivation for next year...when I expect him to come back breathing fire. I don't expect two sub-par years in a row.

7. DoddPower

DoddPower Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!

Ratings:
    +54
    I agree with you in part, but our defensive line SURELY isn't stopping the run either, and Hawk is the very next line of defense. Honestly, the lack of defensive line play should allow hawk to make at least a FEW more tackles then normal.

He needs to step up.

8. dansz15

dansz15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    I agree 100%, trust me I am in no way condoning the Packers swiss cheese of a defense haha.

I just posted in another topic about it, but the Packers' big linebackers are playing VERY subpar this season, including Poppinga and Chillar seems like he is only useful in cover situations. Out of all of them Chillar has done the best covering RBs and TEs but in no way deserves praise. None of them do.

9. c_mac

c_mac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +21
    Chillar ranks third on the team in tackles despite only starting four games and has as many sacks as all of our DTs put together (only 1! LOL). I'm not saying that he is the second coming of Lawrence Taylor or anything but he is clearly bringing it when compared to a lot of the others on our defense, I know that still isn't saying much.