Catching Up With...Patrick Dendy

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Source - Link

At Rice University, Patrick Dendy displayed his athletic ability every Saturday by blanketing wide receivers with his speed and coverage skills. Then he proved his intellectual prowess by obtaining a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics.
[align=right]
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
[/align]
Dendy came to the Packers as a non-drafted free agent in 2005 after being out of football for a year while completing his degree. He played in four games for the Packers last year and looks to do more damage in 2006.

Packers.com recently sat down with Dendy to see if this Austin native had some Texas-sized answers to our random questions.

Packers.com: What are you plans after football?
Dendy: Probably to go into hospital administration. I worked in a hospital a couple of summers ago and I enjoyed it but I'm not cut out to be a doctor, so hospital administration is what I hope to do.

What is the worst job you've ever had?
Working at a pizza restaurant back home in Austin. I haven't had too many jobs.

Who is the best player you've ever played against?
In college I played against Ashley Lelie (Hawaii) and he was a really good wide receiver. In the NFL, I would have to say Mushin Muhammed (Chicago Bears).

Who pulls the most pranks on this team?
Ahmad Carroll and all the defensive linemen are the main pranksters. The best prank I've seen is when those guys stole Roy Manning's truck a couple of weeks ago after practice. Somebody stole his keys during practice and drove his truck back from the practice field. Roy didn't see them do it and he was so confused.

What is the best vacation you have ever taken?
I've been to Barbados with my girlfriend a couple of times and I've been to Jamaica. They were both nice.

What is the most trouble you got into as a kid?
I wasn't too bad. My little brother was the troublemaker.

Do you have any nicknames?
They call me "P Diddy" and "PJ." My middle name is Jordan.

What are your predictions for the 2006 season?
I think we'll have a great year. We have a good nucleus coming back, some good rookies and free agents that are coming in and it has been a real competitive camp, so the competition will be rubbing off on guys.

Which one of the receivers talks the most trash?
I don't know about trash talking but Rod Gardner and Robert Ferguson complain the most. They say all of the defensive backs are holding them.

What is your favorite place to eat?
Since I've been here we've eaten at Old Chicago just about every night.

What did you do with your first NFL paycheck?
I still have it. I haven't spent that much. Everybody laughs at me for being a little cheap. I still have almost everything I made last year.

Who did you most admire growing up?
Definitely my father, my uncle and my mother. I look up to those three people a lot.

I find the comments about Gardner and Ferguson, WORRISOME.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Times are even slow for Packers.com. You know it's the off off season when the official website is "Catching up with Patrick Dendy".

I do agree with you zero....when I read this article the only thing I got out of it was what he said about Fergy and Gardner. Receivers are notorious complainers so the complaining alone doesn't really bother me. What bothers me about that is that they would even HAVE to complain that they couldn't get away from a Patrick Dendy.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is exactly what stuck out...Gardner and Ferguson. Dendy has talent...not doubt, but he is not Ty Law...and the fact that they would complain instead of just exerting themselves more is, as you said, worriesome.

MontanaBob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"HE DID TOO TOUCH ME."....... "DID NOT!"........."DID TOO!"

Sit down Cheesey and behave or MontanaBob isn't going to bring you a present! :chalflag:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MontanaBob said:

Sit down Cheesey and behave or MontanaBob isn't going to bring you a present! :chalflag:

Thats ok.......i not only won't have a present..........my past and future don't look too bright either!!! :lol:

Now........BE SEEING YA SOON BOB!!!! :lol: (Don't forget my present!!!)LOLOLOL!!! :lol:

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Gardner and Fergy are running into trouble with Patrick Dendy, it could be a long season for our WR's and #4... :shock:

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MontanaBob said:

"bring you a present"? Sounds like a threat the priest used in catholic schools in the 70's :lol:

Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
If Gardner and Fergy are running into trouble with Patrick Dendy, it could be a long season for our WR's and #4... :shock:

Indeed it could. And I had high hopes for Ferggy too... :evil:

cheesey said:
Now........BE SEEING YA SOON BOB!!!! :lol: (Don't forget my present!!!)LOLOLOL!!!

Is it just me, or does anyone else also think that there is something going on between cheesy and bob? :wink:

Not that there is anything wrong with that. :roll:

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone think there's a chance the Pack will bring in another WR that will compete during training camp? How about Charlie Rogers from Detroit?

Reaction score
Actually ND my source told me that Rogers would be a downgrade from what we currently have. Rogers has amazing talent, but has the attitude that he deserves a free pass in life, and thus won't get too far in the NFL.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Actually ND my source told me that Rogers would be a downgrade from what we currently have. Rogers has amazing talent, but has the attitude that he deserves a free pass in life, and thus won't get too far in the NFL.

Whoa, my source said the same thing!!

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

You mean the Charles Woodson attitude. Didn't stop TT from signing him.

Charlers Rogers would be an upgrade over what we have now, except he wouldn't stay healthy

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Nice one pyle lol

but the only time rogers has been to the pro bowl was if he was in the stands, not in a uniform.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts