1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Casey Hayward - One of the Best CB's Already

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by BorderRivals.com, Jun 6, 2013.

1. BorderRivals.com

BorderRivals.com Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +499
    FBO provides some stats to back up this claim: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2013/best-cornerback-charting-stats-2012

Best in success rate - a very sabermetrics stat if you ask me - and is second best for fewest yards per catch. As the article points out, it's tough to gauge true meaning behind these stats as it relates to sustained success. But, these are certainly promising numbers for a rookie, and a main reason why the Packers probably boast the best 1-4 CB's in the league.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +209
    This kid really impressed me last season! That pick he had in St. Louis STILL goes through my mind just about every time I look at my football card collection of his cards.

I will admitt that I didn't read the article you linked, but if memory serves he finished 3rd in voting for DROY and finished with a 31.XXX QB rating against him, which was BEST IN THE LEAGUE! In other words, QBs had the least amount of success vs. Hayward than any other CB in the league.