Casey Hayward is the defensive rookie of the month

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
There were 27 defensive players selected in April’s draft before the Packers made cornerback Casey Hayward the 62nd overall pick, but those in charge of selecting the league’s defensive rookie of the month decided that none of them had a better October. Hayward recorded four interceptions in the first three games the Packers played during…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I really like Hayward. He's my favortie of the rookies we drafted. Which is funny, when we drafted him I didn't know much about him, in fact I was hoping we'd draft Trumaine Johnson.

Hopefully he continues to improve

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haven't met him yet but I hope he is humble.

I still miss Collins tho in the secondary and as a person in the lockerroom. I don't know if its been stated enough what he loss did to the defense.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If McMillian can learn how to catch a ball him and Hayward could very well become fixtures of this D for years to come. The rookies have stepped up faster than I thought they would but, about the speed I hoped they would.

Reaction score
Never heard of the guy until the combine. I honestly was thinking heres another high pick at corner who will fade out. I like his swag...way better ball skills then i anticipated.
He was one of the true shut down corners in college football.. He made amazing plays to get interceptions and he reminded me of Woodson in that aspect. House, Heyward, and Shields will be an amazing group in a couple of years

Members online

Latest posts