can't believe squeeler fans complaining about refs

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a hard call to make, though. I know I brought it up, but it took a slow motion closeup replay for me to realize it wasn't a facemask. Until then, I thought the refs had the right call.

Yeah, they pretty much blew that call all to hell.

To be honest i never thought it was a face mask. I thought the Packer may have done something extra when they hit the turf on the sidelines. When they made the call then I was screaming for a replay. And that showed the zebras blew it.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Heard more complaints on refs from the Vikes fans than Steelers. Steelers did a great job taking in the loss of the game.

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heard more complaints on refs from the Vikes fans than Steelers. Steelers did a great job taking in the loss of the game.

Vike fans use the same excuse all the time, "the game was rigged" :nyam: No Vikes you put all your faith and hope on a 41 year old thinking you'd go to the super bowl and win it, yet you forgot how that 41 year old always screwed it up in the final seconds the 2009 NFC Champ game wasn't rigged, that 41 yr old rigged it for you, like he did for the Pack in 2007.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Vike fans use the same excuse all the time, "the game was rigged" :nyam: No Vikes you put all your faith and hope on a 41 year old thinking you'd go to the super bowl and win it, yet you forgot how that 41 year old always screwed it up in the final seconds the 2009 NFC Champ game wasn't rigged, that 41 yr old rigged it for you, like he did for the Pack in 2007.

Since you brought up the "F" word :smile:, I always think of him and Rodgers when I hear the Bonnie Raitt song "Time of Our Lives" (I want to do a YouTube fan vid with this one) - some of the lyrics:

I got a new thing
Not like the last one
It is an upgrade model
The kind that really blows my mind

Life in the fast lane
The get up and go one
I'm leanin' heavy on the throttle
Ain't no backin' off this time

'Cause when you really get down to it
Ain't that what it's supposed to be like when it's right?
Let the neighbors talk about us
We're gonna have the time of our lives

I've been waiting just about all my life
Just to see things from the other side
Come on baby, we've got to toll the dice
Now's the time to get it right

I'd say they did! :smile: Rodgers is the MAN.

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The calls were reasonable, but now you know how we feel.
/winners win. Losers complain about the refs.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I'm used to it. I'm a Packer fan living near Chicago in Illinois. Every game the Packers win all the Bears fans here swear the refs gave us the game.

:chisux:

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I am a member of two Steelers forums and I just want to say that no one on those forums said a thing and actually stated that ref's were ok and fair. I believe what you heard is a very small sample of bitter Steelers fans and in the name of Steelers nation I apologize.

Cool, I respect you to heck for doing so. Every team has their rationalizing fans who just can't say their team was outplayed.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
The calls were reasonable, but now you know how we feel.
/winners win. Losers complain about the refs.

Not sure what you mean, Slash. Could you please elaborate? People will always talk about the calls, but what happened between the Steelers and the Seahawks (if that's what you're referring to) left the ref talking about it in the most remorseful terms I've ever heard from an official. He admitted impacting the game, said he will take it to his grave and that he actually has trouble sleeping over it.

I honestly do not mean to disrespect your team, so please don't take it that way (hey - you guys scared the hell out of me, and like I said after the game, your coach is about as stand-up as they come), but a few Vikings fans grumbling about stuff doesn't seem to be on the same level as that, if that's what you meant.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm used to it. I'm a Packer fan living near Chicago in Illinois. Every game the Packers win all the Bears fans here swear the refs gave us the game.

:chisux:

Ain't that the truth.

I honestly think someone in Chicago actually wrote a book on excuses for the Bears choking. At least that's the way it seems. But I must admit, it is amusing listening to them whine.

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean, Slash. Could you please elaborate? People will always talk about the calls, but what happened between the Steelers and the Seahawks (if that's what you're referring to) left the ref talking about it in the most remorseful terms I've ever heard from an official. He admitted impacting the game, said he will take it to his grave and that he actually has trouble sleeping over it.

I honestly do not mean to disrespect your team, so please don't take it that way (hey - you guys scared the hell out of me, and like I said after the game, your coach is about as stand-up as they come), but a few Vikings fans grumbling about stuff doesn't seem to be on the same level as that, if that's what you meant.

What I mean is exactly what's going on here. The haters cannot bring themselves to admit that you actually won fair and square. Did the blown calls affect this game? Yup. Just like the Seahawks game. Did they determine it? No. Packers won because they played better ball. End of story.
But you're stuck with people debating whether you actually earned it or not. We deal with it all the time.
My opinion (which I stated a couple weeks ago) remains the same: If you can't put the game out of reach, you have no right to blame the officiating. Most of the people blaming the refs are just jealous because their team didn't even make the big dance. Screw 'em.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
As to the game, I thought the refs did a pretty good job. There were a couple of questionable calls but nothing that I think affected the outcome of the game.

Stillernation

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The refs did a o.k. job surprisingly.Im bitter at the fact that our team came out with no fire,almost as if they had the mind set that they had the game won.Im glad Ward is going to come back,im also hoping we shore up our terrible secondary.Im also hoping to keep a healthy O-line.The Packers coaching staff had a good game plan and beat us fare and square.Im proud to be a Steeler fan but know how to keep it real.Im confident that with the core team intact and the greatest owners in the game,we will have 7 soon!Enjoy the victory!

Matty Flynn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The one Steelers fan I know went around our entire school shaking all the Packer fan's hands and congratulating all of us. Good sportsmanship right there.

steelersbabex25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I mean is exactly what's going on here. The haters cannot bring themselves to admit that you actually won fair and square. Did the blown calls affect this game? Yup. Just like the Seahawks game. Did they determine it? No. Packers won because they played better ball. End of story.
But you're stuck with people debating whether you actually earned it or not. We deal with it all the time.
My opinion (which I stated a couple weeks ago) remains the same: If you can't put the game out of reach, you have no right to blame the officiating. Most of the people blaming the refs are just jealous because their team didn't even make the big dance. Screw 'em.

Agreed. There were bad calls and bad no-calls for both teams, but nothing that really effected either team too much, so I'm not gonna act like the blown holding call on Miller was the reason that the Steelers lost, because it isn't.

As Steeler fans, we know how it feels when the losers of big games all say the refs won the game for us, or lost the game for the other team. Therefore, we aren't gonna go to that route, because when it comes down to it, good teams overcome the bad calls regardless of how many there are. See: Steelers vs. Raiders 2010.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
There's fans of every team that is going to ***** and whine about no calls. Just look at the Vikings last year...

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I've seen some Steeler fans whining, as I seen tons of whining from Vikings fans last year, but not all of the fans in a fan base are bad. As much as it may be hard to believe, there is actually some smart and fair fans in EVERY fan base of the NFL, just need to ignore the bad ones. Don't let it bring you down.

ESPN is already saying how there is 5 teams that will stop us from repeating. Yeah, they already are saying we don't have a chance, and you know what? I'm laughing...I think it's funny.

We have the Lombardi Trophy, and it's ours FOREVER! No one, NOT A SOUL can take it from us. Everyone can talk that **** if they hate us, but let them be jealous, just laugh at it!

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
My two cents is that that Steelers' organization and it's fans are first class. I've been watching football pretty much as long as it's been on TV and you don't hear the kind of tone from the losing team as we've seen this year.
I suppose it's because the Steelers are winners and they've put up with it from other fanbases all these years. I gotta tell you, Mike Tomlin did it right, he didn't whine one iota, he just said the Packers played a heck of a game.
You just don't hear that anymore. Mostly you hear the losing team didn't play a good game. I like Tomlin's position, they didn't play a bad game, they are a great football team, they just didn't play as good as the Green Bay Packers on Sunday.
I was shocked at how the Steelers all manned up. Lots of mojo in that city, I expect they will be back.
All the more reason as a Packer fan to revel in this victory, we beat the next best football organization in the NFL. Just as it should be.

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pot calling the kettle steeler black? lol The steelers got a huge call when they wouldnt let Crabtree's reception/fumble recovery count..

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As to the game, I thought the refs did a pretty good job. There were a couple of questionable calls but nothing that I think affected the outcome of the game.
Any teams fan base is going to complain when they have 18 penalties called on them. That just ain't normal.