1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Can watch family night

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by mongoosev, Jul 31, 2016.

1. mongoosev

mongoosev Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +102
    11foxonline.com

2. easyk83

easyk83 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +636
    Janis had a solid catch over the middle. Davis just drooped one, looked challenging but catchable.

3. Carl

Carl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,919
    Abby has had a couple nice catches.

4. mongoosev

mongoosev Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +102
    adams not looking good....AT ALL!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. mongoosev

mongoosev Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +102
    not good. 2 min. drill looked good for davis though.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  6. mongoosev

mongoosev Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +102
    just made another nice one!

7. Eli Haugen

Eli Haugen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +255
    Did we win?

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. easyk83

easyk83 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +636
    I didn't like those double clutches though, catch it cleanly to start Abby!

9. easyk83

easyk83 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +636
    Davis did finish on a high note, I like him but he probably needs a year or two to be a consistent contributor.

10. sschind

sschind Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +503
    We were up by 10 and McCarthy went into his conservative shell and we ended up losing on a 2 point conversion. So yeah, we won.

• Like Like x 1
  11. yooperpackfan

yooperpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +567
    Players that impressed me:
    Abbey
    Janis
    Crockett

Not impressive:
    Hundley
    Adams

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +515
  13. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,787
    Hundley was all over, hopefully all the people that were talking trading for 1st round draft picks saw that and can calm down and let the kid develop.

Adams, while he started nicely, finished rather poorly. He had one nice catch to start, then had one that was a nice play, but nothing special really about the catch. Then he had some tougher plays to make and missed pretty much all of them. If he was a Janis or Davis, a guy competing for one of the last roster spots i probably wouldn't even make mention. But I think he can be better, or at least I expect him to be, and those are plays he needs to make, not just try hard at.

It was really hard to take anything defensively away, can't hit or tackle, but I did notice a play early on, pass out near the left flat and Martinez was all over that to blow it up.

a couple of young receivers looked nice. That Geronimo kid wants to catch that ball, and I don't know if it was him or another guy that made a nice fighting catch along the sideline. I was excited to see Backmen, but he had 2 go off his hands early, then followed up with a short catch in traffic near the end.

I didn't really watch the lines that much, too hard for me to take anything away. I suppose if I knew blocking schemes and pass protections and how they want the dline to set up moves and use their hands, i could, but I mostly just want to see who's winning the battles. When you can't really hit or tackle i don't think either line is playing too hard in these things.

You can see that Abbrederis is in that playbook. You can also see he's always learning. I don't like the couple double clutches he had. Catches yes, but if someone is there, maybe they aren't. Maybe they become int's. Would like to see cleaner catches.

at this point in the year, Rodgers looked good, Cobb looked good. Lacy looked quicker, but I don't know that he looks any smaller :) He's a big guy. He'll always be big. If he's in shape, he'll be quick. When he's not, he'll be sluggish, but I think he'll always look relatively the same. RRodgers made a couple catches. I think he'll be a fine TE. Like always, big body, great hands. He'll get us TD's and keep drives going for us this year.

Crocket looks like the's an atom about ready to be split. I think he misses a lot because of it. Everything is so jerky and rushed. I like the effort, but i can't say i'm impressed with the results.

14. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,606
    I wasn't able to watch yesterday's family night practice but after reading several of your posts I'm surprised that McCarthy said afterwards that Adams is off to a good start.

15. Curly Calhoun

Curly Calhoun Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +269
    Adams did drop one in the endzone, but also had a couple of nice catches. Mixed, IMHO.

I would suggest not putting too much stock in other fan's impressions, judge for yourself. The coaches see a lot more than the casual observer.

16. easyk83

easyk83 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +636
    It was a microcosm of last year, he had a couple nice grabs as well as a couple plays where he just failed to execute on catchable balls. MM is probably trying to build him up and take some pressure off. The kid seems to have the yips.

17. easyk83

easyk83 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +636
    Janis had one solid catch, one drop and one end around. What impressed you about him? Hundley didn't look the way I expected him to look. Then again it might have been tough with the way they were rotating players.

I really liked what I saw from Geronimo Allison, that kid looks big strong and he moves well. He reminds me of James Jones a little albeit taller and thinner.

18. easyk83

easyk83 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +636
    McGinn and Cohen were both down on Datone Jones but he looked impressive at Family Night, looked good coming around the corner. Which reminds me not to put too much stock in McGinn's analysis. Great sports writer but too much of a fan with guys that he likes and doesn't like.

19. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,606
    Normally I judge for myself but as I've mentioned before I wasn't able to watch yesterday's practice.

20. Curly Calhoun

Curly Calhoun Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +269

You can watch a small part of it here, if you're so-inclined:

• Like Like x 1
  21. bigbubbatd

bigbubbatd Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +321
    Certain fans have written Adams off so he will need to have a huge year to win back their trust. When people are saying Janis had a good night last night you know opinions are slantes. One catch, one drop and obviouy behind Abby on the on the outside.

That was the biggest development to me. Abby played a lot on the outside

22. easyk83

easyk83 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +636
    Abby looked good, but he needs to catch it cleaner.

23. bigbubbatd

bigbubbatd Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +321
    I agree. My main point with Abby is that he clearly is starting outside when Nelson is out

24. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,606
    According to most reports both Adams and Janis have struggled during the first week of training camp resulting in the battle for the starting spot opposite Nelson most likely being wide open at this point.

25. Packers907

Packers907 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    Adams wasn't consistant with his catches so McCarthy must see something that we don't. Just have to go with the coach on this one. Davis looked good, Abby looked really good, Cobb had good hands. The first team offense was doing well to move the ball and the 2nd string defense wasn't shutting the offense down, coverage was really good. OL was providing good protection for Rodgers, now the WRs just have to do their part and get seperation from CBs. Hundley was being praised a lot and last night wasn't showing out, holding the ball too long and making some questionable reads. All a part of practice but overall everyone looked good and ready for season. Pre-season games will tell us lots more than Family night will.