Can this team compete going forward even with Rodgers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you think this effort today, and the past two and a half months, by the Pack is strictly a lack of defensive scheme or coaching, you’re not very bright. This is a lack of talent issue, and it falls squarely on Teddy. Every NFC playoff team clearly has a more talented roster than us built for the long term and it's not even debatable. The Vikings aren't going anywhere anytime soon so all we can hope for are wild card berths for the foreseeable future unless the necessary changes are made.

My fear is that we are a team that is falling not rising. AR is god like, but he is 34 years old. Will his throwing arm snap back to pre injury form? How many more hits can he take. He may not be the same going forward. I'm worried we can count on him being durable because of age. Can he continue to scramble and extend plays the miraculous way he has done in the past? I'm praying for that!

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to say it but im leaning towards no. Major changes need to happen to remain competitive and like already has been mentioned, I no longer believe TT is the guy to make it happen.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Improving the defense will make a world of difference to start. With some serious focus on the protecting Rodgers, even with our current offensive personnel, yes we can compete. A new head coach or creative offensive coordinator calling plays could go a long way too (wishful thinking, this one).

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're correct, of course, but my opinion is that our schedule strength was mediocre.

Pittsburgh
Minnesota twice
Atlanta
New Orleans
Seattle
Carolina

Almost half of our games were against playoff teams. Statistically, we had the 6th toughest SoS by Week 15. How is that mediocre?

Jed12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Rodgers we are a different team, that’s clear to see. If we don’t make big changes (post Capers firing) then we will have to get used to this empty January... Rodgers like Brady and Manning towards the ends of their careers had he luxury of the continuation of improvement on both sides of the ball creating a balance. Our D is weak and lifeless.....

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This thread is now almost useless.. Dom is fired, so we don't know how the Def will be..

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pittsburgh
Minnesota twice
Atlanta
New Orleans
Seattle
Carolina

Almost half of our games were against playoff teams. Statistically, we had the 6th toughest SoS by Week 15. How is that mediocre?

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pittsburgh
Minnesota twice
Atlanta
New Orleans
Seattle
Carolina

By week 15, our schedule was more than mediocre. I was referring to week 5 when we were 4-1.

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to say it but im leaning towards no. Major changes need to happen to remain competitive and like already has been mentioned, I no longer believe TT is the guy to make it happen.
Apparently others within the organization also shared my feelings about TT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts