Calling for Brett to step aside.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People calling for Bretts head are crazy! Sure he had a bad game yesterday, but he was forced to try to carry the whole team because the STINKING defense put us in a huge hole. It's the defense that stinks not Favre. Because of no defense and injuries he had to try to win it with practice squad recievers (with the exception of Driver).
This non-existant defense has to be placed squarely on Shermans head . He is the head coach and GM. His poor decisions regarding his coaching staff and players has put this team in a tail spin that we won't get out of unless major changes are made. Getting rid of the only real football player on this team would be counter productive.

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This non-existant defense has to be placed squarely on Shermans head . He is the head coach and GM. His poor decisions regarding his coaching staff and players has put this team in a tail spin that we won't get out of unless major changes are made. Getting rid of the only real football player on this team would be counter productive.
Couldn't have said it better myself!!!! :beer:

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My hope is that Deanna gets healthy again.... Brett's had enough bad times for one season.

He just needs to rejuvinate and maybe even come back to Lambeau early to step up with the Offense and work out the kinks with thenew guys and the way they are running routes... I can't believe Javon Walker pulled that route out like he did on Favre.... and Chatman, what was he thinking... Once again, we lost due to injuries and no depth on critical posiitions... We lose Fergie and then Walker? No, the FA & Draft scenarios need help from a Ron Wolf.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
slowik needs to go. rossley needs to go, since sherm is doin his job. sherm needs to give up the GM role. now of course this won't all happen, so my question is.....what does everyone really think is possible? could this get done if all stock holders filled the stadium and demanded these changes???

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not likely... Although that doesn't mean the upcoming Stockholders Meeting cannot bring questions to the forefront along those lines.

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can understand how people are frustrated with Brett but come on. I know you've all seen the same scenario before. Defense screws up early Sherman tries to keep running the ball even though it's not working and then everyone puts the game on Brett's shoulders. You would throw picks too with that kind of pressure, plus I only saw one pick that was all Brett's fault. It's their 17th game of the year and the receivers are still ******** up the routes, and to add insult to injury the only consistant receiver we have gets hurt. It sure would have been nice to use that third round pick on another receiver rather than an extra punter. Driver is decent at best Brett needs another playmaker besides Javon. Brett didn't lose this game!

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does Favre make some mistakes and have some bad games? Yes, but he always wins more than he loses.

To me he has such a small margin for error with the poor defense we have. And even the running game wasn't as potent this year as it was last year. Favre had to shoulder a lot. Without his leadership, I don't think we turn around from a 1-4 start. He said he looked at it as a challenge, and he met the challenge very well.

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The running game was not as good because we didn't run as much. I heard about this on another site,if you check Green didn't get the ball as much.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Anyone calling for Brett's retirement didn't see Jerry Tagge in a Packer uniform.

This loss, in my opinion is squarely on the shoulders of the defense, or lack thereof.

However, Brett cannot be given a 'pass' on 4 interceptions again ... in a playoff game ... inexcuseable. An offense that scores 17 points in the NFL is not going to win against the Vikings unless you have Baltimore's defense.

Still ... an offense like Green Bay's CAN afford to be a little more patient in not abandoning the run so early ... THEN AGAIN ... Green and Davenport WERE coughing up the ball we were lucky to get them back.

Point is...this loss was a total breakdown in nearly all facets of the game... plus, Mike Sherman was out-coached by Mike Tice (horror of horrors :oops: )

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts