Calhoun to GB ??

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Toronto_Cheesehead said:
Odysseus said:
As far as his size is concerned, I actually believe it is an advantage. Anyone who has watched Calhoun knows that he seldom takes a "direct hit". He'll get you yardage with his quickness and ability to cut. Even in the NFL, I'll take those attributes in a RB over sheer power.

Agreed. Dunn is a smaller back and he does well in Atlanta. Dallas is another team that zone blocks and when Julius Jones is healthy he's been decent for them. Clinton Portis doesn't have the biggest frame and tore it up for the Broncos. A back like Calhoun should be able to do very well in a similar system. On top of that, any team that drafts him will have him put on some weight. He'll be 205-210 by NFL training camp.

sure calhoun can put on 20lbs by TC, then he''ll tear a hamstring....watch!

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Calhoun has a decent combine and is there in round two or later the pack had better grab him or I will be pissed. That is providing we did not take Reggie Bush in round one.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
Sorry but, 5' 10" 190lbs= NFL WR not RB

Tiki Barber
Position: RB
Height: 5-10
Weight: 200

Warrick Dunn
Height: 5-9
Weight: 180

Brian Westbrook
Height: 5-8
Weight: 203

Barry Sanders
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 203

im sure the kid can put on 10 pounds of muscle...

and with the new coach and oc, you still think LenDale White won't be coming to GB. ok that's your opinion, but i beg to differ.

no worries mate...im pretty confident we're going defense with #5. i guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be happy if the Packers drafted Calhoun in the 2nd round, but I think I would rather have Joseph Addai. I don't know much about either one of them, but from what I read in this thread and Addai's scouting report, I think he could be the better pick.

EDIT: Then again, Calhoun could be our Warrick Dunn. Jags is using the system that works well for Dunn, so it could be good for Calhoun too. BAH, I DON'T KNOW!! :wall:

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
I really don't think we will take a RB on Day One. There's too many free agents out there. Combine that with the possibility of Ahman, Davenport, and/or Gado coming back and I don't see a real need to draft at that position on day one.

Defense and O-line are the real needs. Maybe WR depending on Javon and Terrence's recoveries.

I'm going to try to post a list of all the free agent running backs. There's so many talented ones, that a few will come a bargain prices because the market will be so saturated.

Heelntoe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be happy to see:
1. Mario Williams
2. D'Qwell Jackson (fat chance I suppose, but with all the players declaring... maybe) or Abdul Hodge
3. Calhoun

There's an outside chance he could last to rnd3, but I won't be holding my breath. Need to revisit the player rankings after the workouts.

GB has an opportunity to seriously upgrade personnel with all the talent in this draft. If they take a punter in the top 3 again, I'm burning all my Packer garb.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Calhoun looks to be rated the 5th best RB in the draft. He could possibly be still around in the 3rd with some teams looking to FA instead of the draft.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ahaug82 said:
I would be happy if the Packers drafted Calhoun in the 2nd round, but I think I would rather have Joseph Addai. I don't know much about either one of them, but from what I read in this thread and Addai's scouting report, I think he could be the better pick.

EDIT: Then again, Calhoun could be our Warrick Dunn. Jags is using the system that works well for Dunn, so it could be good for Calhoun too. BAH, I DON'T KNOW!! :wall:

how durable do you think addai will be?

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
ahaug82 said:

Again, I only know what the scouting report says, so your guess is as good as mine. It says that it is a concern, so that's his biggest flaw.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ahaug82 said:
dhpackr said:
ahaug82 said:

Again, I only know what the scouting report says, so your guess is as good as mine. It says that it is a concern, so that's his biggest flaw.

he should fit the new running scheme well, hawk/addai or williams/addai or white/bobby carpenter which is my fav b/c carpenter can play sam lber, which i feel is the weakest position on the packers.

Members online

Latest posts