Calhoun to GB ??

Reaction score
If he drops to the 3rd, what do you guys and gals think ??

Now I'm a Badger homer (the avatar's a kinda giveaway :wink: )

But do you think he could do a job or is just a product of a system ?

I think he could be a good 3rd down back, he can catch well.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we can get him in the 3rd it's a no-brainer, but I think he's going to be an early to mid 2nd round pick depending on his workouts. Mario Williams and Calhoun would look like the start of a pretty good draft to me.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1st round..Mario Williams or AJ Hawk
2nd round...Brian Calhoun
Do we have the 5th pick in the second round?
Hammer

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno I like D'Brickshaw Ferguson, though AJ Hawk along side Nick Barnett OHH!!!

But, who knows it depends what happens at the NFL Combine.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our pick will be high enough that we need to find any player that can play immediately and make an impact. I don't care whether it's Hawk or not. Let's just get a player. As for Calhoun, he's a hekc of a player, but I believe you have to take the best player regardless of position, unless their are two players of equal talent, then you take for need.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I think we can get a solid running back thru free agency and not worry about this position until day two of the draft

Maurice Morris from Seattle can catch, yesterday you saw him pound out tough yardage against a tough Washington D--if not, Carolina's Deshaun Foster is a free agent, others, I think Gado deserves a shot at the feature back, but requires some veteran help behind him

Calhoun in the 3rd would be a heck of a bargain

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The_Gray_Ghost_of_Gonzaga said:
If he drops to the 3rd, what do you guys and gals think ??

Now I'm a Badger homer (the avatar's a kinda giveaway :wink: )

But do you think he could do a job or is just a product of a system ?

I think he could be a good 3rd down back, he can catch well.

i think brian calhoun will play WR in the NFL, not running back.

and w/the first pick you'll see GB draft LenDale White

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my caveat with Calhoun is that he won't perform to the best of his ability at Lambeau--a speedy guy, gets in the open, makes sharp cuts to get guys to miss, i dont think he would flourish in a place that can feature less-than-exemplary field conditions--my gem in the rough that i was looking at for the draft was Louisville's Micheal Bush, about 6'2 240, one big dude, but he opted for his senior season

calhoun played in a similar environment this past november in happy valley and well...sorry i cant stop reffering to that whenever i talk about big ten football

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
my caveat with Calhoun is that he won't perform to the best of his ability at Lambeau--a speedy guy, gets in the open, makes sharp cuts to get guys to miss, i dont think he would flourish in a place that can feature less-than-exemplary field conditions--my gem in the rough that i was looking at for the draft was Louisville's Micheal Bush, about 6'2 240, one big dude, but he opted for his senior season

calhoun played in a similar environment this past november in happy valley and well...sorry i cant stop reffering to that whenever i talk about big ten football

saw that too !!

But
I think he's versatile enough to be a good addition, but theres no way he's going in the first.

3rd round we should grab him.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
dhpackr said:

no way!

seriously doubt he'll go as high as 5...also, our first pick won't be a RB.

Sorry but, 5' 10" 190lbs= NFL WR not RB

and with the new coach and oc, you still think LenDale White won't be coming to GB. ok that's your opinion, but i beg to differ. what better way to bring in a new coach and oc then establish a steady running attack.

Rob Reimer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
arrowgargantuan said:
dhpackr said:

no way!

seriously doubt he'll go as high as 5...also, our first pick won't be a RB.

Sorry but, 5' 10" 190lbs= NFL WR not RB

and with the new coach and oc, you still think LenDale White won't be coming to GB. ok that's your opinion, but i beg to differ. what better way to bring in a new coach and oc then establish a steady running attack.

I absolutely agree 100%!

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the Penn State game had that much to do with the field conditions it was the Penn State defense having one of the best games I've ever seen a college team play. Hali and Posluzny were outstanding that day.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO MM hired Jago(nickname) to install a zone blocking scheme which will require a quick back that can read where the holes open. I am still not convinced this means we will burn a high draft choice on a RB. Our needs are at linebacker, DL, and, OG and I'm not sure there's any OG's in the draft that could step right in and elavate the quality of play we need there.

Odysseus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After reading the JS article about the zone blocking scheme McCarthy and "Jags" will be implementing, I think Calhoun would be an excellent choice for that system. The Badgers use that type of blocking and Calhoun was great at setting up the blocks, reading the blocks and then accelerating through the holes.

As far as his size is concerned, I actually believe it is an advantage. Anyone who has watched Calhoun knows that he seldom takes a "direct hit". He'll get you yardage with his quickness and ability to cut. Even in the NFL, I'll take those attributes in a RB over sheer power.

I also think he could be a gifted K.O. and punt returner.
I think he would be a good choice even for the 2ND round.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
I don't think the Penn State game had that much to do with the field conditions it was the Penn State defense having one of the best games I've ever seen a college team play. Hali and Posluzny were outstanding that day.

is posluzny entering the draft this year?

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
TOPackerFan said:

No. There was no definitive word about it until after the bowl game. I think his injury had something, maybe everything, to do with his decision.
Hammer

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hammer said:
dhpackr said:
TOPackerFan said:

No. There was no definitive word about it until after the bowl game. I think his injury had something, maybe everything, to do with his decision.
Hammer

Posluszny's knee injury was serious enough to put him down for 4-6 weeks, which means he'd sit out the combine, but mild enough that he'll be 100% for spring workous most likely

sorry, yeah, i tend to bring up penn state comments when they are completely uncalled for...after the seasons we've been having, after breaking most every object in my room watching them lose to Iowa 6-4 last season, and other such events, to finally break out and go 12-0 (they didnt lose to michigan, i will not recognize that defeat, and so help me god if the packers draft jason avant, i will refer to him as "out of bounds" for his entire career)...mixed with the Packers struggles this year, ******** i love penn state

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Odysseus said:
As far as his size is concerned, I actually believe it is an advantage. Anyone who has watched Calhoun knows that he seldom takes a "direct hit". He'll get you yardage with his quickness and ability to cut. Even in the NFL, I'll take those attributes in a RB over sheer power.

Agreed. Dunn is a smaller back and he does well in Atlanta. Dallas is another team that zone blocks and when Julius Jones is healthy he's been decent for them. Clinton Portis doesn't have the biggest frame and tore it up for the Broncos. A back like Calhoun should be able to do very well in a similar system. On top of that, any team that drafts him will have him put on some weight. He'll be 205-210 by NFL training camp.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
blah..blah..blahhh..blah..blah..blahh....

(and if my Aunt had balls...she'd be my Uncle...!)

blah..blah..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts