Bulaga - Sprained/bruised Knee -- Grant - Bruised Kidney

gmann001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://blogs.greenbaypressgazette.c.../mike-mccarthy-press-conference-highlights-6/

Right tackle Bryan Bulaga suffered a knee sprain and bruise during Sunday’s game against the Chicago Bears, Packers coach Mike McCarthy said at his press conference this afternoon.

The status of Bulaga won’t be known until later in the week, according to McCarthy. He added that team physician Pat McKenzie indicated Bulaga dodged a bullet by not suffering a more serious knee injury. He called the injury a “freak play.”

McCarthy said running back Ryan Grant suffered a kidney bruise against the Bears and his status won’t be known until later in the week.

The other injury McCarthy reported was linebacker Brad Jones with a hamstring strain.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way it looked live i thought for sure he was done for the year with some kind of knee tear. Thank goodness he might be back in a few weeks. Anyone ever head of a bruised kidney before or the recovery/problems that come with it?

OP
OP
gmann001

gmann001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was listening to "The Big Show" on 1250AM (Milwaukee) and one of the guys was talking about being out 4 weeks with bruised kidney. Not sure how accurate that is in Grant's case.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's the status on Green? Still dinged up? Might be time to activate him if Grant is out that long.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is good news. I am ready for it to be Alex Green time as well. I can live without Grant for a few weeks if need be.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
shrugs... I guess I am glad its not serious, but I think we can survive a few weeks without them.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is good news. I am ready for it to be Alex Green time as well. I can live without Grant for a few weeks if need be.
Well we needed Grant yesterday because Starks ran like a blind man.
Also looking forward to Alex Green.
Just hope these guys can last.

Shocked that Bulaga didn't tear a ligament by his reaction.

Brad Jones strained a hamstring?
What a shock that is.
That guy can't last 4 straight games without some injury to save his life.

He won't be a Packer next year.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every Packers' injury is either a "bruise" or a "strain". I love TT and support him fully, but they just don't give a single bit of information.

cheeseheadfanatic87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard earlier and that's great news that Bulaga isn't out for the season, I thought he probably torn his ACL, or something season ending. It's going to suck if we lose Grant for four weeks-- because it's nice having two backs, because there both different styles. I feel if the Pack can keep the running game the way it is, there only going to be scarier.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good thing Grant has another one.

Stay alert for Bulaga still. It was only a little while ago that Neal didn't have to need surgery and was day to day.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every Packers' injury is either a "bruise" or a "strain". I love TT and support him fully, but they just don't give a single bit of information.
If I were head coach I wouldn't say a damn thing because medical records are supposed to be confidential.
I would respect the privacy of my team members too much to say anything to the press about it.
Besides, it would keep the opposing team guessing who's going to be out there when being played.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They can't do that. All injuries must be disclosed to the NFL. If McCarthy didn't make these disclosures public, the NFL surely would. They don't give out medical info because they like to, they do it because they have to.

Reaction score
I don't know why everyone is writing off the fact that he isn't out for the season... Everything is considered a "Bruise/sprain" until he gets a MRI. Until he gets that MRI, he still has the possibility of a tear.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
After watching what the Bears did to Starks and how successful Grant was, I don't know how you guys can think we can do without him. He showed this week that when you need a one cut back against a strong defense he is the guy. Without him yesterday we have no run and we may have a different outcome.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After watching what the Bears did to Starks and how successful Grant was, I don't know how you guys can think we can do without him. He showed this week that when you need a one cut back against a strong defense he is the guy. Without him yesterday we have no run and we may have a different outcome.
Grant is a unique player. He's very good at one-cut back, but not in astroturf or in good conditions where the D can shoot the gaps quickly.

What Grant is GREAT at is playing in bad fields. I don't know why (I THINK it's his footing, just natural ability to slip less than normal), but in those conditions he's able to shoot the hole before the defenders can get in there. He has GREAT vision (Bob McGinn only listed 1 bad read from him last game), so it all fits together.

Next game is at Lambeau. If it's raining, then Grant will be missed. If not, Starks will get the job done, as long as the interior OL can get some push. Starks has struggled when "re-routed", he's too tentative. When he's able to explode to the hole, he's a beast.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Vic Ketchman made a good point in that the packers style is run to daylight. And this weekend Ryan Grant was better at spotting and running to it. Just saw this posted on the ESPN NFC North Blog. Is a Kidney Bruise relatively unscathed or does he have some new info? This was as of 1 Pm ET.

1. Concern about Ryan Grant's future: The veteran Green Bay Packers running back didn't exactly roar back from his ankle injury in the first two weeks of the season, totaling 65 yards on 15 carries. But against the Chicago Bears this past Sunday, Grant broke through for 92 yards on 17 carries and emerged relatively unscathed from a hit to his ribs. Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers said: "Ryan was Ryan today for the first time this season. He ran the ball hard. He made the right cuts." I'm sure the Packers aren't going to forget about second-year back James Starks, but Grant's performance was a reminder that this team has two legitimate options in the backfield.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stay alert for Bulaga still. It was only a little while ago that Neal didn't have to need surgery and was day to day.
Exactly!!
It was so bad, that it caused Neal to stop his Twitter account because people or media called him out for it.
Actually it's the team's dishonesty, not his.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is a GREAT news that Bulaga feels fine enough to want to play next Sunday.

No, really, after last year I could care less if a player (other than Rodgers) misses 4 or 6 games.

If it's not season-ending, it's a blessing.

Glass half full all the way.

Members online

Latest posts