Bucks vs Hawks - ECF

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Did I jinx the Bucks and Giannis with my previous post? Yikes, that knee really buckled, I would be surprised if he made it back for this series.

No flicking energy or intensity. Not sure I can blame Bud, but these guys have done this "not showing up" for way too many playoff games.
I watched Giannis air ball two free throws and thought... Up one game down the next in a the ECF and realized that you can't coach HEART.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I watched Giannis air ball two free throws and thought... Up one game down the next in a the ECF and realized that you can't coach HEART.
Add to that a 3 pointer that was Air balled. I know the old adage; "The Coach doesn't shoot, pass, dribble, etc." but at what point do you look at Bud and ask him what he is doing to motivate these guys in the Locker Room, as well as on the bench. Hawks come into game 4 without their Super Star player and down 2 games to 1 and McMillan has them all out their playing for their lives. The intensity level of each team was black and white. As someone on the TNN halftime show said "The Bucks lack killer instinct". BTW, not sure how others feel, but I love the TNN NBA team of in studio and at game. They too are night and day so much better than their competition.

I also have to wonder why Bud is still "allowing" Giannis to shoot 3's as well as continue his BS Free Throw routine. Neither are working or good for the team. A good coach approaches Giannis and explains why he needs to discontinue both.

Anyway, the Giannis injury may have not only derailed the Bucks Championship hopes, it may have very well saved Bud his job. We can only hope the images of his knee buckling were worse than the actual damage done to that knee.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Sounds like the Bucks fear a severe ACL injury with Giannis. That would not just be devastating to the rest of the playoffs, but for next season as well. Fingers crossed that their fears are wrong.

Time for the rest of the team to step up! At least the team FT and 3 Pt. %'s will soar! :D

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Honestly I thought from the start that it would end being an ACL ... Just the way he went right for it with both hands. I always thought a hyperextend would come from frontal force.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Honestly I thought from the start that it would end being an ACL ... Just the way he went right for it with both hands. I always thought a hyperextend would come from frontal force.
The slow mo video was horrific, a knee is not suppose to bend like that. I was totally unimpressed with the way that they tried to take him off the court. While the damage was already done, you are talking about a guys future there. Bring out a cart, crutches, wheel chair, whatever, but that was just a mess seeing his brother and others trying to awkwardly carry him out.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Espn reporting no structural damage. Yeah ... Ok... So he doesn't play due to soreness, same end result.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I am beyond relieved that there is no damage to his ACL or other ligaments.

Middleton and Holliday need to take over and Next man up mentality to close out this series.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I don't know guys ... the injury bug, which had kinda paved the way for a season to remember has now landed in Milwaukee.

I'm pulling for them to have the rest of the team step up instead of waiting for Giannis to do something, but, even if they take of Atlanta ... Phoenix just isn't home for the Bucks

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know guys ... the injury bug, which had kinda paved the way for a season to remember has now landed in Milwaukee.

I'm pulling for them to have the rest of the team step up instead of waiting for Giannis to do something, but, even if they take of Atlanta ... Phoenix just isn't home for the Bucks

They should still beat the hawks honestly especially because young if he plays certainly isn't 100%

And even with 34 I had a hard time seeing them beat the Chris Paul led sun's. Paul just too good at controlling the game and the bucks have nobody with that kind of veteran savy

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
the bucks have nobody with that kind of veteran savy
They do in Middleton and Holiday, unfortunately both of those guys are so hot and cold that you can't rely on them from game to game. I've actually been disappointed in Holiday the most, his mental game seems shaky during many games.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Sounds like the Bucks fear a severe ACL injury with Giannis. That would not just be devastating to the rest of the playoffs, but for next season as well. Fingers crossed that their fears are wrong.

Time for the rest of the team to step up! At least the team FT and 3 Pt. %'s will soar! :D

Has there been any updates on this?

Southside

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bucks are done. Stick a fork in them. The Greek Freak is out for game five and will be out for the next two weeks. Mybe next year.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Giannis who? Bobby P and Brook are making up for Giannis being out. I cringe anytime I see Teague playing.

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I LIKED the team that was out there last night. A physical inside team. That's how the Bucks win the NBA title.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I LIKED the team that was out there last night. A physical inside team. That's how the Bucks win the NBA title.

Definitely a much better Team effort by the Bucks last night. I already heard **** Skipless saying that this game confirms what he has already said and that the Bucks are a better team without Giannis. Well Skippy.....it was one fricking game and I wouldn't bet the farm on that notion. While I do believe the Giannis injury forced Bud and the Bucks to adapt and try a different approach (camping Lopez in the paint), I think a good Hawks coaching staff and players will adapt and figure it out. One game doesn't win Championships, Bud and the Bucks have to continue to modify their approach and keep teams guessing, instead of doing the same thing every game. Giannis will eventually come back and if nothing else, maybe solid team performances without him, could give the coaches some insight as to how they want to vary his role from game to game. I never understood why Giannis seems to be the one bringing the ball down the court. Yes, the coast to coast drives for a slam dunk are beautiful to watch, but how often does that happen? Meanwhile, you are probably over exposing him and tiring him out. Let him and Brook camp out around the paint, while the 3 smaller guys do all the dirty work. If Giannis wants to swing out to the top of the key, take a pass and then drive great!

Until Giannis gets his mid-range jumper and free throws consistent, this idea of him playing outside the perimeter and launching 3 pointers needs to just stop. Everybody but Giannis and the Bucks seem to see that and have been saying it for a few years now. Lopez played inside for the most part last night and was a one man wrecking ball!

Reaction score
Lopez showed a commitment that was inspiring. I could tell he was exhausted by quarter 4, but he never gave in. This Bucks team, with or without Giannis, can achieve what no Milwaukee team has in 50 years.
While it is one game, It goes to prove that teams CAN win without their star player, contrary to all the fear we are each guilty of buying into. Anything is possible with God.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think we may see Giannis if the Hawks force a Game 7, otherwise he sits out this game and potentially the opening game of the Championship series.

If Trae Young does play tonight, I hope that foot as well as some rust slows him down and negatively impacts the Hawks on both ends of the court.

Let's put this series to bed Bucks!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I just don't understand why Bud keeps thinking Teague and Forbes are guys you want to play in the playoffs. Meanwhile Lopez had a career game in the last game and they aren't going to him.

Members online

Latest posts