Bucks vs Hawks - ECF

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Game 1 - Tonight at 7:30 pm.

Bucks in 6

Glad we got the home court advantage. Not sure we would have beat the 76ers.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I've been listening to the national media, the local media and a good number fans pooh-pooh the Hawks - most predicting a "gentleman's sweep" (4-1). Not only do I think the Hawks win tonight, I think it goes 7 games and "pick 'em" ... all this while the Suns sweep the Clippers and rest up for the finals. I'd bet the Bucks play down to it's competition.

Everybody seems to be picking the Bucks to win it all forgetting the other guys get paid too ... and I don't have faith in Bud ... and I think this Bucks reads its own press clippings.

Go Bucks. 50 years is a long time.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Let's do this!! It's been 50 years, time to win 8 games and bring the Larry O'Brien home!

So glad that TNT is carrying thus series, love their NBA team!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Bud and the Bucks play like its a regular season game and the Hawks play with intensity like it means something. Really disappointing game to watch the Bucks make mental mistakes on both offense and defense as well as coaching.

Down by 3 with 6 seconds to go and you throw the ball in to Giannis under the basket?

This team too often looks like Deer in the headlights.....Hawks are legit.

OP
OP
G

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even the crowd felt flat last night. Something about the game just lacked atmosphere and it showed on the court

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Bud and the Bucks play like its a regular season game and the Hawks play with intensity like it means something. Really disappointing game to watch the Bucks make mental mistakes on both offense and defense as well as coaching.

Down by 3 with 6 seconds to go and you throw the ball in to Giannis under the basket?

This team too often looks like Deer in the headlights.....Hawks are legit.
THAT was tough to watch. Much like the Nets series ... Watching one guy beat them. Cryin' out loud.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Lopez was also disappointing last night. He can defend a big under the hoop, but as soon as he was challenged by Trae, he just backed up and let him shoot. Bud finally spotted this and pulled him in the 4th Quarter.

We can only hope that Bud and the coaches are looking at the film closely today and figure out a way to slow down Trae and get more production out of Middleton (15) and Lopez (7).

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
It's halftime ... Friday night ... and I'm not saying thing one. I fear the wrath of "the thing". Holiday and Portis - two very baaaad men!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I like the 1-2 badass punch of Tucker and Portis!

Let's keep schooling these young Hawks in the second half!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Good old solid butt kicking given out by the Bucks tonight! This should go a long way for them in the next 2 games in Atlanta.

My takes:

- Trae Young is human.
- Bobby Portis is going to see more playing time.
- Jrue can have back to back good games.
- Giannis needs to keep attacking the paint, give up on the 3's and keep shooting 75% at the FT line.
- Middleton still hasn't had a good game in the series, look out if he catches fire.
- Brook Lopez CAN play defense and contribute offensively.

OP
OP
G

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That 20-0 run was ridiculous but it is how I expect that team to play every quarter. They are unstoppable when they don't over-think anything and ignore Bud's playcalls (if you noticed during the game there were a few shots of Bud visibly pissed that his calls were being ignored)

Reaction score
I swear the Bucks were behind 90% of that game. It was a psychological roller coaster on both sides. Almost like the Bucks just wore Atlanta down (team and fans). I swear those poor Hawks fans were headed out with 3 minutes left they were so discouraged

OP
OP
G

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I swear the Bucks were behind 90% of that game. It was a psychological roller coaster on both sides. Almost like the Bucks just wore Atlanta down (team and fans). I swear those poor Hawks fans were headed out with 3 minutes left they were so discouraged
I actually said to a buddy in the 2nd that it seems like the Bucks are purposely leaving Trae open so he wears himself out running around. Now I'm wondering if Bud was playing 4-d chess

Reaction score
I actually said to a buddy in the 2nd that it seems like the Bucks are purposely leaving Trae open so he wears himself out running around. Now I'm wondering if Bud was playing 4-d chess
When he rolled his foot he was never the same after that. The Hawks did a good job sustaining a small lead without Tre in the 4th and I kinda took a gulp when Tre Young returned, however Young was not the same. He missed 3-4 shots and turned the ball over in the span of several minutes.
I never want to see a player hurt, but his injury factored some late in the game.

OP
OP
G

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Huge game tonight on the road. Young is probable with a bruised ankle but minutes are likely to be limited along with his performance. So long as he scores below 25 this ****should**** be an easy win for the Bucks.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
2021.....Play the Bucks..get injured.

No Trae....time to not let up, focus and blow them out!

The Bucks have had some amazingly great fortune in regards to injuries. Not just the other teams Big stars (Harden, Irving Young), but losing only Donte DiVincenzo themselves during the Heat series. If the Bucks had to lose a starter, he would have been my pick.

Look out Devin Booker, Chris Paul, Paul George, Kawhi Leonard (oh wait)!

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Did I jinx the Bucks and Giannis with my previous post? Yikes, that knee really buckled, I would be surprised if he made it back for this series.

How can the Bucks be losing to these...these... JUST GUYS?
No flicking energy or intensity. Not sure I can blame Bud, but these guys have done this "not showing up" for way too many playoff games.

Reaction score
Holy crap these guys were down 10 and then I stepped away and they were down 20. I’m afraid to leave again :eek:

Members online

Latest posts