Bubbas draft analysis

bubba

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year I predicted a huge clown boy bust while predictating a real stud in Beckham jr. I will give you my take on this years draft. Both QBs will be wasted picks and bust. Any players with red flags stay far away. Gregory, Peters etc. Stay away from workout warriors. Beasley etc. Look for a player who has heart and a passion for the game who produced big time in CFB. If I were the Packer GM I would take Perryman as our number 1 pick. This guy will be an absolute stud! I will tell you what right now Captain Wimm will come on here and tell you but he cant cover. He can stop the run and then some. Look at my draft record this guy will be very good!!!!

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Dawson will be the best ILB in the group..just my opinion. Last year I thought the best WR would be Jordan Mathews, he has done good so far. O'dell is a stud. I'm not sure on the QB's, I think it's more than just the guy, it's the whole situation.

H

HardRightEdge

Last year I predicted a huge clown boy bust while predictating a real stud in Beckham jr. I will give you my take on this years draft. Both QBs will be wasted picks and bust. Any players with red flags stay far away. Gregory, Peters etc. Stay away from workout warriors. Beasley etc. Look for a player who has heart and a passion for the game who produced big time in CFB. If I were the Packer GM I would take Perryman as our number 1 pick. This guy will be an absolute stud! I will tell you what right now Captain Wimm will come on here and tell you but he cant cover. He can stop the run and then some. Look at my draft record this guy will be very good!!!!
I believe Mariota will make somebody a good QB. Winston...high ceiling, low floor, a risky spend of expensive draft capital. Tampa has trouble filling the stadium in the back half of their chronic losing seasons. I expect them to take Winston for the Florida connection to sell some tickets. In the end, I'd lay odds they'll regret it.

H

HardRightEdge

Your view of Perryman isn't by chance colored by the third hand quotes from Highsmith, is it?

I think the issue with Perryman isn't that he can't cover; it's that he wasn't asked to do much of it college. That's a legit concern.

D

Deleted member 6794

The jury is still out on Clowney as he was only able to play 148 snaps because of several injuries. On the other hand you wanted the Packers to draft Shayne Skov (who went undrafted and spent time on the 49ers and Bucs practice squad) as well as Deone Bucannon (who was terrible for the Cardinals last season) to address the ILB and safety position.

Perryman will most likely turn into a good two down ILB at the pro level but he doesn´t fit the Packers needs. The Packers ranked 24th in receiving yards allowed to RBs and TEs last season and by pairing Barrington with Perryman on obvious passing downs we would for sure not improve in this department. In addition the Packers would still lack an option to play as the lone ILB in the dime package.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
unfortunately players who end up injured and heralded as they come into the league are usually considered busts.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Look at my draft record this guy will be very good!!!!
I just did a search to look at your draft record and found only five posts, including the OP, in the Draft Talk forum. Not a big deal, I'm just wondering if your draft record appears elsewhere.

It's possible Thompson and staff think enough of Perryman - and aren't sold on Barrington - to keep Matthews taking a significant number of snaps inside. I think that's unlikely, but it's possible.

D

Deleted member 6794

It's possible Thompson and staff think enough of Perryman - and aren't sold on Barrington - to keep Matthews taking a significant number of snaps inside. I think that's unlikely, but it's possible.

According to today´s article by Bob McGinn there are several sources close to Matthews mentioning that Clay doesn´t want to play inside in 2015 anymore.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...-find-next-starter-b99490463z1-301784061.html

The Packers tore up their depth chart at inside linebacker, cutting ties with A.J. Hawk, Brad Jones and Jamari Lattimore.

Several sources close to Clay Matthews say he wants to get back to playing outside linebacker full-time. He took one for the team in 2014 shifting inside in an emergency.

Besides Sam Barrington, who was adequate in 32.6% playing time, the Packers' other hope is that Carl Bradford can find himself inside. He certainly looks the part, and the club is high on his chances.

Either way, the Packers have to draft at least one inside linebacker.

After the first 20 players or so, it doesn't make much difference. Thompson could very easily choose one of the five inside linebackers at 30, and few of his colleagues would call it a reach.

A Journal Sentinel poll of 21 scouts revealed close voting at the position. Mississippi State's Benardrick McKinney led with 76 points, but close behind were Clemson's Stephone Anthony (65), UCLA's Eric Kendricks (58), Miami's Denzel Perryman (57) and Texas Christian's Paul Dawson (46).

Last year, the Packers were set to take either of two inside linebackers, Alabama's D.J. Mosley or Ohio State's Ryan Shazier, but they were picked four and six slots ahead of Green Bay's 21st choice that wound up being used for safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix.

The consensus among scouts is that Mosley and Shazier were much better prospects than the five this year.

Neither Barrington, who ran a 4.76-second 40, nor Bradford (4.68) has the speed to be ideally suited as a three-down player.

"Dawson and Kendricks and Anthony can play all three downs," one personnel man said. "Perryman and McKinney are more thumpers. They both run well enough to do it. They're really aggressive, though, and may not be quite as good on third downs as the other guys."

Regardless of how far down the Packers would trade back into the second round, there's a legitimate chance one of those five linebackers still would be there at their second-round pick (No. 62).

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I saw that captainWIMM but sometimes we don't get what we want - even NFL stars. And I did say that scenario is unlikely.

Regarding the ILBs, this is from McGinn's draft day column
A Journal Sentinel poll of 21 scouts revealed close voting at the position. Mississippi State's Benardrick McKinney led with 76 points, but close behind were Clemson's Stephone Anthony (65), UCLA's Eric Kendricks (58), Miami's Denzel Perryman (57) and Texas Christian's Paul Dawson (46). Last year, the Packers were set to take either of two inside linebackers, Alabama's D.J. Mosley or Ohio State's Ryan Shazier, but they were picked four and six slots ahead of Green Bay's 21st choice that wound up being used for safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix. The consensus among scouts is that Mosley and Shazier were much better prospects than the five this year.
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...-find-next-starter-b99490463z1-301784061.html

D

Deleted member 6794

I saw that captainWIMM but sometimes we don't get what we want - even NFL stars. And I did say that scenario is unlikely.

Regarding the ILBs, this is from McGinn's draft day column

I read that article as well, I´m still surprised Anthony is ranked ahead of Kendricks. I remain true to my conviction that none of the other prospects at the position fit the Packers most pressing needs at ILB.

Members online

Latest posts