1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bubbas draft analysis

Discussion in '2015 Draft Archive' started by bubba, Apr 29, 2015.

1. bubba

bubba Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +61
    Last year I predicted a huge clown boy bust while predictating a real stud in Beckham jr. I will give you my take on this years draft. Both QBs will be wasted picks and bust. Any players with red flags stay far away. Gregory, Peters etc. Stay away from workout warriors. Beasley etc. Look for a player who has heart and a passion for the game who produced big time in CFB. If I were the Packer GM I would take Perryman as our number 1 pick. This guy will be an absolute stud! I will tell you what right now Captain Wimm will come on here and tell you but he cant cover. He can stop the run and then some. Look at my draft record this guy will be very good!!!!

2. jetfixer

jetfixer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +31
    I think Dawson will be the best ILB in the group..just my opinion. Last year I thought the best WR would be Jordan Mathews, he has done good so far. O'dell is a stud. I'm not sure on the QB's, I think it's more than just the guy, it's the whole situation.

3. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,727
    I believe Mariota will make somebody a good QB. Winston...high ceiling, low floor, a risky spend of expensive draft capital. Tampa has trouble filling the stadium in the back half of their chronic losing seasons. I expect them to take Winston for the Florida connection to sell some tickets. In the end, I'd lay odds they'll regret it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,727
    Your view of Perryman isn't by chance colored by the third hand quotes from Highsmith, is it?

I think the issue with Perryman isn't that he can't cover; it's that he wasn't asked to do much of it college. That's a legit concern.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,633
    The jury is still out on Clowney as he was only able to play 148 snaps because of several injuries. On the other hand you wanted the Packers to draft Shayne Skov (who went undrafted and spent time on the 49ers and Bucs practice squad) as well as Deone Bucannon (who was terrible for the Cardinals last season) to address the ILB and safety position.

Perryman will most likely turn into a good two down ILB at the pro level but he doesn´t fit the Packers needs. The Packers ranked 24th in receiving yards allowed to RBs and TEs last season and by pairing Barrington with Perryman on obvious passing downs we would for sure not improve in this department. In addition the Packers would still lack an option to play as the lone ILB in the dime package.

6. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    unfortunately players who end up injured and heralded as they come into the league are usually considered busts.

7. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    I just did a search to look at your draft record and found only five posts, including the OP, in the Draft Talk forum. Not a big deal, I'm just wondering if your draft record appears elsewhere.

It's possible Thompson and staff think enough of Perryman - and aren't sold on Barrington - to keep Matthews taking a significant number of snaps inside. I think that's unlikely, but it's possible.

8. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,633
    According to today´s article by Bob McGinn there are several sources close to Matthews mentioning that Clay doesn´t want to play inside in 2015 anymore.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...-find-next-starter-b99490463z1-301784061.html

9. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    I saw that captainWIMM but sometimes we don't get what we want - even NFL stars. And I did say that scenario is unlikely.

Regarding the ILBs, this is from McGinn's draft day column
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...-find-next-starter-b99490463z1-301784061.html

10. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,633
    I read that article as well, I´m still surprised Anthony is ranked ahead of Kendricks. I remain true to my conviction that none of the other prospects at the position fit the Packers most pressing needs at ILB.