Bubba Franks article

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's would be too bad if he leaves, it's not all about stats. He could make make the big catch when they need him to and provide good run blocking. You can be just as big a part of the offese by drawing coverage to you on a play action as you can putting up numbers. You pull the LB to you and help open a bigger lane for the RB and you did your part. Sounds like a stats and money situation there, that's too bad.

cheesewiz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bubba just hasn't been a favorite target of Brett's over the years outside the 5-yard line. Wonder why?

See ya, lump.

v00d00

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get this when I tried to follow the link:
We're sorry, but this file does not appear to exist in this section

Hmm....if we let Franks go, then I guess we could always start............

oh yeah!..there isn't anyone behind him that's worth a crap.....

I always thought he'd turn out to be a big favorite for Favre, but it hasn't really worked out that way. The dude still averaged 10.5 yards per reception, and I highly doubt there's anyone on the roster, or anyone coming up on the free agent market that can produce like that. Aside from that, he's only fumbled ONCE in five years of service.....if that doesn't say something for sure hands...then not much else will.

Bubba Franks is alot better than some people are suggesting, and letting him go pretty much decimates their TE corps, unless Sherman has something up his sleeve. But he hasn't shown me much in terms of evaluating talent, or knowing where to get it...so I highly doubt there will be a competent replacement coming in.

OP
OP
F

fondypackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah it looks like they don't archive there old stories. It basically said Bubba stats have slipped the last couple years and he is frustrated with the lack of balls thrown his way. He has basically turned into a extra offensive lineman.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well after his two drops including the go a head TD tipped out the back of the end zone, it will make it easier to part with him if he decides to look else where.

Bubba88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bubba is sacred, not the sacred cow! Be thankful he's a Packer and a 'team' man!
Bubba is cost effective to keep and likes being a Packer and it don't get better than that! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I doubt he will leave. He's said numerous times he loves it in GB and does not want to go anywhere else. Reading his comments is a little discourgaging but contract time does that to people.

Bettie_Page

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy averages only three catches a game over his career. I'd be flustered too looking around the NFL this year. Some of the TEs have as many catches this year as Bubba had in his NFL career. You can't blame him for feeling the agitation while looking at their numbers. :cry:

Brad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats too bad, hes a good TE although not a deep threat...we will def. miss him with no back ups currently and other needs needing to be attended to first!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
from the archived article - (thanks)

Offensive coordinator Tom Rossley acknowledged Wednesday that Franks has a legitimate complaint. Five Packers have more receptions than Franks -- wide receivers Javon Walker (67) and Donald Driver (64), fullback William Henderson (29) and running backs Tony Fisher (29) and Ahman Green (twenty-eight) -- and while the Packers' passing game is predicated on spreading the ball around, Rossley said Franks should be more involved than he has been.

"He never complains about anything. And if he is complaining about not getting the ball, he's probably right," Rossley said. "He should get the ball more. We should include him more. Because he's a big target.

"I think we can do more with him. We should do more with him. We count on him as a good blocker, but especially in the red zone, he's a really good receiver."
Look - Rossley just got a clue... OMG ! ! ! :shock: :feedback:
Personally, I thought they quit using him last year when he kept dropping the damn ball all the time. He's a good blocking TE, it's always been his biggest strength. Let's give the position to Steele and see if we have another Chewey on our hands! (for waaay less money, too) :wink:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts