Bryan Bulaga has sprained MCL

D

Deleted member 6794

No argument with your overall perspective, but my point is that we now DO know what happened in 2010, so maybe the same thing will happen again. I opined elsewhere that maybe losing Finley wasn't as bad as it seemed, since it caused a more balanced attack to be orchestrated. Grant going down was a blow, but the fact is that Starks DID come through in his role. Barnett going down resulted in Bishop finally getting his chance. After Burnett, there was Charlie Peprah, who shouldn't have been anywhere near good enough, but was (never before, never again). And, for a little bit of irony, how about the fact that one of the real OLine stawarts, Mark Tauscher was replaced by a rookie, Brian Bulaga?

In general, I don't want to see current key players go down, but 2010 provides enough examples of how those losses can be effectively overcome.

While the 2010 Packers proved that a team is capable of overcoming a ton of injuries to win the Super Bowl it's probable that doesn't work out that way most of the time with 15 players on IR.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Certainly no argument with that viewpoint. 2010 was the exception that proves the rule. It's the reason I always refer to it as the Cinderella/Perfect Storm season, or some such.

Members online

Latest posts