Bryan Bulaga has sprained MCL

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fans really need to support Barclay and Josh Walker on Sunday, they're going to need all the confidence they can get going up against Michael Bennett.

D

Deleted member 6794

Tough loss for the game on Sunday, Barclay has to step up compared to his play in the preseason. Hopefully Bulaga will be able to play vs. the Chiefs in week 3 as I don´t want a backup to line up against Justin Houston.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After wondering for several hours yesterday afternoon about what his 'non-contact knee injury' was that required him to leave practice, this comes as a relief to me.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's actually good news compared to what my initial thoughts were.

Godgers12XLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good news but bulagas injuries are concerning. it's scary that any players cleat can get caught in the turf at any given time and boom their season is over.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least Barclay is going in at RT instead of LT. If this were a few years ago we could have Sherrod going in there....

Go show them what you got Donny

D

Deleted member 6794

At least Barclay is going in at RT instead of LT. If this were a few years ago we could have Sherrod going in there....

Go show them what you got Donny

McCarthy wasn't ready to name a starter during his press conference today. It's probable Barclay will get the nod though.

D

Deleted member 6794

Ian Rapoport and Albert Breer report Bulaga alread, could be out a while.

EDIT: Albert Breer tweets that Bulaga already had surgery to repair his torn menicus, will be out six weeks.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And piece by piece, the injury bug begins to dismantle another promising season.
Again.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I just get frustrated when people think WE are the only team plagued by injuries, and the wheels are coming off the bus already. My apologies.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And piece by piece, the injury bug begins to dismantle another promising season.
Again.

I guess you forgot about our recent Super Bowl season. The injury issue then makes what we are seeing now look like Mickey Mouse.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess you forgot about our recent Super Bowl season. The injury issue then makes what we are seeing now look like Mickey Mouse.

However, most of the injured were either players that wouldn't be missed, anyhow; or were replaced by guys better than them; or were replaced by guys that had a career year and disappeared.

D

Deleted member 6794

However, most of the injured were either players that wouldn't be missed, anyhow; or were replaced by guys better than them; or were replaced by guys that had a career year and disappeared.

Jermichael Finley was a huge loss at that point. But I agree that Nelson and Bulaga are tougher to replace than most guys that were placed on IR in 2010.

Last edited by a moderator:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No,Vrill, I didn't forget. But then again I used the word "begins", and was referring to 2013. And as HalfEmpty points out, most of the guys lost in 2010 were no great loss.
By the way. When is 2010 no longer 'recent'?

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jermichael Finley was a huge loss at that point. But I agree that Nelson and Bulaga are tougher to replace than most guys that were placed on IR in 2010.

True but Bulaga will still be back this year. Most likely IR designated to return

D

Deleted member 6794

True but Bulaga will still be back this year. Most likely IR designated to return

We'll see if the Packers use the IR boomerang on him. If he's capable of coming back in four to six weeks it makes sense to keep him on the 53.

Nevertheless it's a tough loss for the offense and hopefully the team is capable of replacing him better than they were last season.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No,Vrill, I didn't forget. But then again I used the word "begins", and was referring to 2013. And as HalfEmpty points out, most of the guys lost in 2010 were no great loss.
By the way. When is 2010 no longer 'recent'?

Any injury to the main 53 starts a trickle down effect and causes depth issues. Anyone saying that the injuries in 2010 were meaningless are greatly downplaying the situation.

Fact is, we have a system in place here and its plug and play in a lot of positions. Injuries to us are not the same as injuries to other teams. They hurt a little less here due to the Packer way. The only position that would be the coffin nail if an injury were to happen would be QB.

These are just some reasons that I don't turn into a chicken little when injuries happen to us.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like a load of crap to me. The Packer way? Starters are starters and reserves are reserves for a reason- one is better than the other. If the difference is big enough, at an important enough position, and has a big enough effect on a key matchup, you've got problems.