Brown traded to Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I like what I see from them so far as well but the fact is that if Cobb leaves we have no one except Adams with a considerable amount of game experience who is not coming of a serious injury.
Define game experience a bit more. MVS had almost 700 snaps. EqSB had over half that with 5 games missed. These two learned quite a bit this past season. The best way to learn is to play which is what they did.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steelers plan to shop him for a first at combine. If it were in a bubble, without the known issues, based purely off talent... I'd give the saints pick for him. Unless you thought we could land a more talented player that deep in the 1st, it would be a no brainier.

Now... Outside the bubble, knowing what we all know...

No thanks.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be fine with the trading the 32 or 44. His attitude is a concern, but his contract is great, that's not a lot to give up for a guy of his ability, he's not the type of receiver that's going to decline rapidly after 30, and now's the time to be taking some calculated risks. Still nowhere near the depth of the Jennings, Driver, Jordy, Cobb, Jones, Finley offense, but better top end for sure.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Define game experience a bit more. MVS had almost 700 snaps. EqSB had over half that with 5 games missed. These two learned quite a bit this past season. The best way to learn is to play which is what they did.

More than 1 season. Allison and Cobb being injured really gave the rookies a chance to shine and most likely they are further along than they would have been had that not happened. However, while they showed a lot they still need to show they can get better.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Antonio Brown is the best WR in the NFL.

Statistics would tell you that's Tyreek Hill, 300 more combined yards and only one less touchdown on the season. Brown is solid, but there's a top tier which consists of Nuk, Adams, Brown, Hill and Jones (and probably Thomas). These guys are all equally talented IMO but their age sets them apart value wise.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Statistics would tell you that's Tyreek Hill, 300 more combined yards and only one less touchdown on the season. Brown is solid, but there's a top tier which consists of Nuk, Adams, Brown, Hill and Jones (and probably Thomas). These guys are all equally talented IMO but their age sets them apart value wise.

Either way pairing Aaron Rodgers with two too 5 ndl wrs is most likely a winning idea. Don't think you have to give up 12 still or if you did that's gotta be a swap first scenario. Here's to hoping the saints list anand we can flip their pick for brown

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
The Packers already have an elite wr. The highest paid qb in football shouldn't need a stable of elite wr's to be effective. I would pay that and some for Mack. Mack would make every single player on defense better.

it's hurts to think that we were in the running for Mack and the Raiders decided to dish him to the Bears because they thought they would get a better draft pick from them :cry:

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OBJ?

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I like OBJ, I was trying to be objective with stats this year and unfortunately, he didn't make the cut. He's a top talent tho - limited by QB play (even though Eli had a year slightly above his average).

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I'm tired of everyone looking at MVS and WQSB as if they should be in the HOF already. They had fairly productive rookie seasons, made some great plays, and showed lots of promise. Just like hundreds of other young WRs that never panned out. I wonder how their stats would have looked had Allison not missed most of the year and Cobb would have been healthy all season? Not nearly as good is my guess.

I like what I see from them so far as well but the fact is that if Cobb leaves we have no one except Adams with a considerable amount of game experience who is not coming of a serious injury. I hope to heck they do have breakout seasons because if we don't sign an experienced WR (if Cobb leaves) we are sure going to need them because the way it looks now our WRs( besides Adams) are a very unproven group. I am also tired of the "we have Aaron freaking Rodgers he can make any WR into an all star"

I think that since we are both so tired we might both need a nap.

P.S. I know you never said they should be in the HOF but I don't think I ever read anything from anyone who said they should be on the street either so as far as ridiculous claims you started it.

Because of GMo and Cobb being out they gained the invaluable experience that they did. I would definitely say that they wouldn't be where they are now going into the offseason without those events occurring.

You're right nobody has said they are street free agents but in my opinion the general sentiment is that they are just so sub-par. I expect them to "pop" even more in 2019.

We aren't oozing with cap room so unless we really don't have anywhere else to go with our money only then will I advocate a veteran WR. But that might could easily be spent on the O-Line, Safety, and improving our LB Corps. Let's not forget after the Monty trade we truthfully only have Williams and Jones. A veteran signing could certainly be added there.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We shouldn't give up either of our firsts, and especially for a 30 year old. Players age quickly in the NFL, one year great, next year avg. or worse. Pass rusher or road grader Oline with 12. TE with the Saints pick. Our "bad" D held the Rams at their place and should have beat them. With a better Offense our D spends less time on the field. We've spent enough picks on D and it hasn't exactly worked out. Use FA for D if we need to.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've spent enough picks on D and it hasn't exactly worked out. Use FA for D if we need to.

Correct...but under Ted Thompson. New sheriff in town. Outside of two OL and maybe a TE/WR on Day 3, I want to see what Pettine does with an improved secondary and LB Corps. Remember both the Rams and Saints have elite defenses too. They both made signature plays last week that landed them in the NFCCG.

D

Deleted member 6794

We aren't oozing with cap room so unless we really don't have anywhere else to go with our money only then will I advocate a veteran WR. But that might could easily be spent on the O-Line, Safety, and improving our LB Corps. Let's not forget after the Monty trade we truthfully only have Williams and Jones. A veteran signing could certainly be added there.

I would definitely prefer the Packers to add a veteran wide receiver instead of a running back as it takes them significantly longer to have an impact at the pro level.

Remember both the Rams and Saints have elite defenses too. They both made signature plays last week that landed them in the NFCCG.

The Saints defense has been pretty good for most of this season but the Rams unit hasn't been anywhere close to being elite.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should be giving up the #12 for Jalen Ramsey, or an elite pass rusher like Collins from
Arizona.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should be giving up the #12 for Jalen Ramsey, or an elite pass rusher like Collins from
Arizona.

No one is trading #12 for Brown. The Steelers are far more likely to get closer to, say #24 from the Raiders.
As for those other 2 I wouldn't wanna give up #12 for Ramsey dudes got 9 career ints and 44 pd. I think I want a bit more of a playmaker if I'm giving up #12 and then gonna have to pay him a huge contract within 2 years.
For Chandler Jones I'd probably give up #12 he's 28 years old and has 77 career sacks with 53.5 coming over the past 4 seasons.
But he's not available and AB is so why not give up pick 30-32? I'd see 3 years 39 million is worth it. Yeah you'd like to get more than 3 years from a 1st rounder but you don't always and this dude's gonna play at a high level. The only problem I see and it's a big one is that he very likely could be so much of a head case diva that he seriously can't just chill out and win some super bowls

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
It's a shame that there isn't a consensus on trading a 1st round pick for Antonio Brown. This dude has shown to really be a malcontent to the point that it's far from a no brainer.

All of that aside, you pair him with Davante in the new offense that's going to be implemented? Holy moly.

I'd be hesitant and probably wouldn't do it, but if he were to be on his best behavior, this offense would go through the roof.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a shame that there isn't a consensus on trading a 1st round pick for Antonio Brown. This dude has shown to really be a malcontent to the point that it's far from a no brainer.

All of that aside, you pair him with Davante in the new offense that's going to be implemented? Holy moly.

I'd be hesitant and probably wouldn't do it, but if he were to be on his best behavior, this offense would go through the roof.
It’s a 2nd at the very best from me. And that might take some convincing yet for me to give a definite yes

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Seems like anytime a Star Player, who has been tagged as a malcontent is on the market, there is a faction of fans that immediately want said player. Why? Because he will only add his great skills to the Packers and his baggage will be firmly left behind with whatever team is wanting to get rid of this star player?

To me Brown is just another in the never ending trickle of players that are no longer wanted by their teams, because their baggage has finally far exceeded their value to the team.

As much as I want the Packers to improve and find star players to do it, I just don't think taking the chance of poisoning the well with one bad apple is a good way to go about doing it.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Too many “ifs”....I’ll pass.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one is trading #12 for Brown. The Steelers are far more likely to get closer to, say #24 from the Raiders.
As for those other 2 I wouldn't wanna give up #12 for Ramsey dudes got 9 career ints and 44 pd. I think I want a bit more of a playmaker if I'm giving up #12 and then gonna have to pay him a huge contract within 2 years.
For Chandler Jones I'd probably give up #12 he's 28 years old and has 77 career sacks with 53.5 coming over the past 4 seasons.
But he's not available and AB is so why not give up pick 30-32? I'd see 3 years 39 million is worth it. Yeah you'd like to get more than 3 years from a 1st rounder but you don't always and this dude's gonna play at a high level. The only problem I see and it's a big one is that he very likely could be so much of a head case diva that he seriously can't just chill out and win some super bowls

How is Ramsey going to get ints when teams usually don’t throw at him?? Anyways of younpair him with Alexander pass rush is still a need but not nearly as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.