Brown traded to Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you want your #12 player to provide near elite talent/athleticism for a relatively cheap rookie contract. OLB would be my choice at 12. If we get Brown he'd be hopefully decent for 1-2 years, whereas an OLB (if they pan out) can be productive for 10 years - sometimes more. I'd be ok with the draft capital as is, and if signing a WR, maybe bringing in Humphries.

D

Deleted member 6794

How is Ramsey going to get ints when teams usually don’t throw at him?? Anyways of younpair him with Alexander pass rush is still a need but not nearly as much.

Ramsey was the sixth most targeted cornerback in 2018.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would not trade our current 1st-round pick for any player. Either get the player you want, or trade the pick for a future pick.

Ideally, I would like to see the team sign a free agent to a 3-year deal in the position of greatest need. Trade our 2019 1st-rounder for a 2021 1st-rounder & 2022 1st-rounder. Then trade the 2021 pick for another 1st-rounder in 2022. Use one of (or multiple picks via trade) in 2022 to draft Rodgers' successor.

Not necessarily realistic, but as an armchair GM that is my post-Rodgers plan.

D

Deleted member 6794

Ideally, I would like to see the team sign a free agent to a 3-year deal in the position of greatest need. Trade our 2019 1st-rounder for a 2021 1st-rounder & 2022 1st-rounder. Then trade the 2021 pick for another 1st-rounder in 2022. Use one of (or multiple picks via trade) in 2022 to draft Rodgers' successor.

That doesn't sound like a solid plan for the time the Packers still have Rodgers though.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Don’t u think getting brown would make Rodgers and the offense 100x better?

If you are only factoring in Brown's talent, he would most likely make the Packers offense better. However, there is a lot more to factor in. Cost to obtain, salary and probably most important, what he does in the way of team chemistry.

There are reasons why the Pittsburgh Steelers are possibly trading him and lack of talent isn't one of them.

Last edited:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No but adding Brown, I don't think anyone here would deny our offense would become a lot better. Not saying we should get him, but still.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
No but adding Brown, I don't think anyone here would deny our offense would become a lot better. Not saying we should get him, but still.

I think most agree that the offense could improve. However, I think it is fair to assume that Brown could potentially have the opposite effect too. What happens if he, Rodgers and Adams don't get along? What happens when he pulls what he did in Pittsburgh and you have to bench him?

IMO, too big of an investment in a guy that the Steelers may be willing to eat a lot of talent and money on, just because they don't want him effecting their team with what he does off the field. Locker room cancer isn't always an obvious thing, but the me first guys usually don't fare well. Nor do I expect someone like that to change much, even on a new team.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think most agree that the offense could improve. However, I think it is fair to assume that Brown could potentially have the opposite effect too. What happens if he, Rodgers and Adams don't get along? What happens when he pulls what he did in Pittsburgh and you have to bench him?

IMO, too big of an investment in a guy that the Steelers may be willing to eat a lot of talent and money on, just because they don't want him effecting their team with what he does off the field. Locker room cancer isn't always an obvious thing, but the me first guys usually don't fare well. Nor do I expect someone like that to change much, even on a new team.
Few things

We've seen Big Ben on numerous times throw him under the bus at the podium. Rodgers as high maintenance as he is has never done that regarding any player.

The Steelers locker room as we've seen over the course of the years is toxic.

He'll be on a new team and he knows his name is out there. You can honestly say this is his final stop imo. If he doesn't do well in a friendly environment in GB, and acts a fool, how many people do you think will take a chance on him?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You can honestly say this is his final stop imo. If he doesn't do well in a friendly environment in GB, and acts a fool, how many people do you think will take a chance on him?

This is the part that a team will have to do a lot of homework on and probably roll the dice on. We all know people don't just change over night, his bank account is probably set for his life times 50.

If he was a Free Agent and was willing to sign a prove it type of contract, might be easier to swallow. But whatever team takes a chance on him, it will come at a price.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Few things

We've seen Big Ben on numerous times throw him under the bus at the podium. Rodgers as high maintenance as he is has never done that regarding any player.

And prior to having Brown (who's been documented discussing how many targets he must get in a game and the money he wants) I do not recall Big Ben saying anything ill about any of his teammates.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And prior to having Brown (who's been documented discussing how many targets he must get in a game and the money he wants) I do not recall Big Ben saying anything ill about any of his teammates.
You must've missed where he blamed Levon for how this season went.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You must've missed where he blamed Levon for how this season went.
Source?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Jeremy Fowler

✔@JFowlerESPN

Ben Roethlisberger texted Le'Veon Bell before the deadline, didn't hear back: "I said I hoped he showed up. If he decided not to I wished him nothing but the best. He was a great teammate and football player." Roethlisberger said "to each his own" how Bell wants to conduct biz

9:27 AM - Nov 14, 2018

I found this article, but I don't really see how that is Big Ben throwing a teammate under the bus, he was stating facts.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...on-bell-holdout-was-distraction-hurt-steelers

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Source?

Jeremy Fowler

✔@JFowlerESPN

Ben Roethlisberger texted Le'Veon Bell before the deadline, didn't hear back: "I said I hoped he showed up. If he decided not to I wished him nothing but the best. He was a great teammate and football player." Roethlisberger said "to each his own" how Bell wants to conduct biz

I found this article, but I don't really see how that is Big Ben throwing a teammate under the bus, he was stating facts.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...on-bell-holdout-was-distraction-hurt-steelers
I was about to pull up the article. What I find funny is that in the early part of the season, when they were winning and whatnot, they were saying how they would be just fine without Levon, and that this wouldn't be an issue going forward. And NOW that they missed the postseason it turns out Levon was a distraction and a problem when all the dude wanted was his money. Hmm....

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I was about to pull up the article. What I find funny is that in the early part of the season, when they were winning and whatnot, they were saying how they would be just fine without Levon, and that this wouldn't be an issue going forward. And NOW that they missed the postseason it turns out Levon was a distraction and a problem when all the dude wanted was his money. Hmm....
I think you are reading more into that, than is actually there, at least tagging it with Big Ben. Bell himself wasn't a distraction, it was all the media questions and the unknowns as to if he would report that was the distraction. The truth of the matter is, they would have been better off with Bell. Conner made up for it, until he got hurt. Why wouldn't people say not having Bell hurt them, that is a compliment to Bell if anything.

Side note: I was actually watching the game against the Chargers when Connors got injured. What an ending to that game. Score tied 3 seconds left and the Chargers miss the 39 yd. FG attempt, offsides on Pittsburgh. Second attempt is blocked, once again offsides on Steelers, 3rd attempt...game winner.

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would not trade our current 1st-round pick for any player. Either get the player you want, or trade the pick for a future pick.

So you post Rodgers plan is to give up on the rest of Rodgers' years. Why not trade him away and get his successor now so that in 2022 he may be ready to win instead of having to groom him.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don’t u think getting brown would make Rodgers and the offense 100x better?

How are we going to get Brown? Unless the Steelers are willing to trade him for less than a first rounder he would be out of the question in the scenario WIMM was replying to.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Source?

Jeremy Fowler

✔@JFowlerESPN

You can still throw your team mates under the bus with facts.

I think you are reading more into that, than is actually there, at least tagging it with Big Ben. Bell himself wasn't a distraction, it was all the media questions and the unknowns as to if he would report that was the distraction. The truth of the matter is, they would have been better off with Bell. Conner made up for it, until he got hurt. Why wouldn't people say not having Bell hurt them, that is a compliment to Bell if anything.

Side note: I was actually watching the game against the Chargers when Connors got injured. What an ending to that game. Score tied 3 seconds left and the Chargers miss the 39 yd. FG attempt, offsides on Pittsburgh. Second attempt is blocked, once again offsides on Steelers, 3rd attempt...game winner.

Sorry, I don't buy that for a second. Maybe I missed something in the article but I'm a bit surprised it was you who came up with that Poker. I thought you were more realistic than that. If Bell hadn't held out there wouldn't have been any questions or uncertainty about him reporting so yeah, Bell was the source of the distraction. Of course the media is going to ask about it and people are going to wonder if he is going to report so yeah, Bell was the distraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online