Brown traded to Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They need to release him, IMO. Apparently they can void his contract and his guaranteed money if he's suspended for the first game. Only bad thing is then Belichick will likely pick him up on a cheap contract with him on his best behavior.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
steelers were right..laughing their ***** off at da raiderrss...

Big Ben laughing too..

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like he’s “apologized” and is planning on playing Monday. He almost threw away that $30m guaranteed over this nonsense

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Looks like he’s “apologized” and is planning on playing Monday. He almost threw away that $30m guaranteed over this nonsense
You really think he is done with this nonsense? I don't, not for a minute.

Early in training camp, Gruden ordered the release of roster hopeful Ronald Ollie because the young defensive tackle didn't go to treatment for an injury. He wanted to emphasize that Raiders players have to be 100% committed in every facet of the game.

I guess character, commitment, accountability only count if you aren't a Superstar like Brown?

Sounds like Gruden undermined Mayock in this whole process. Things are just heating up in Oakland, stay tuned.

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You’re right that it’s definitely not finished, but the Raiders won’t have the same kind of leverage once he’s active for week 1.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You’re right that it’s definitely not finished, but the Raiders won’t have the same kind of leverage once he’s active for week 1.
I'm guessing most of you saw that tweet AB made, calling the whole helmet controversy the "most calculated move by far" after landing an endorsement deal with Xenith to wear their helmet.

How do we know this whole apology business isn't also a calculated move to ensure the safety of his $30 million guaranteed money? From what I understand, all he has to do is play in Monday's game, and the money will become guaranteed, and the Raiders will be stuck with it, and he can go back to creating havoc. I'd laugh if after the game he went up to be interviewed and said "Ha, now you owe me $30 million, suckers! By the way, that apology? I didn't mean it".

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Well this didn't take long for Brown to go from apologizing to asking for his release.....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
and here we go.......how many hours before he is released?

Jeff Darlington
@JeffDarlington

I just got an email from Antonio Brown. He tells me the team “took away my guarantees.” He added there’s “no way I play after they took that and made my contract week to week.” So at this moment, once again, don’t expect AB to play on Monday Night Football.

Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero

·
2m

The #Raiders sent Antonio Brown two letters: one fining him $215,073 for conduct detrimental to the team stemming from the Wednesday incident, and another from GM Mike Mayock notifying him if he's released, he's not eligible for termination pay. Now AB has asked for his release.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy will be in a straight jacket long before the gold jacket.

I have laughed at him for his antics for some time. Now i am more thinking he had some bad mental health issues beyond the extreme narcissism.

I am also dissappointed.he isnt suspended by the NFL for the racist comments.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
From the Masked Singer....to the masked Bandit to the unemployed WR.

I can't think of any team who would touch this guy, except maybe Cleveland or the Patriots, Belichick is a sucker for a great deal.

I see AB out of football for awhile, until he succumbs to needing the spotlight and is willing to play on the cheap for someone, just to try and prove to everyone how "great" he is.

Steeler fans have got to be loving this.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should the Packers sign him? I would for league min with no signing bonus. Hell, give him some incentives. Doubt he would do it. But nobody is giving him much of a signing bonus.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
This clown is a waste of skin. Represented byyyyyy... Drewwwwww baby...he's the common denominator of head cases on their last leg.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
NO NO NO....do not sign this clown even for veteran min.....the last thing the Packers need is this guy coming in and blowing up the team dynamics and chemistry.

The good news.....Gute is smart enough to not even think about Brown in Green Bay.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NO NO NO....do not sign this clown even for veteran min.....the last thing the Packers need is this guy coming in and blowing up the team dynamics and chemistry.

The good news.....Gute is smart enough to not even think about Brown in Green Bay.

No worries he's on the Patriots.

Personally I'm shocked, Bellichek is the last person I expected would tolerate those kind of antics.

Oh well, hope this drags that franchise down in the sewer this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts