1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Broncos in the playoffs

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by Wood Chipper, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,395
    It could very well happen. Tebow is a winner and a leader. The team is rallying around him.

2. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    lol this thread may not end well but give them credit for turning around their season when it looked dead. The D is pretty decent, the run game is good.....they do play hard under Tebow.
    I keep riding the Broncos to upset wins too in my picks so I am happy about this.

3. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    Let us pray that it don't happen. I already can't handle the Tebow media praise.

He reminds me of Steve Young, Young liked to run, but he was a far more accurate passer, and he was a winner too and everyone was too busy bad mouthing him to give him a chance, but lord have mercy on your soul if you say a bad thing about Tebow's completion percentage or his selfish plays of having the ball in his hands 75% of the time, wanting to run, run, run instead of pass.

4. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    You know the Broncos sorta remind me of the 1995 Colts who sneaked into the playoffs when they put in Jim Harbaugh at QB. They were one dropped Hail Mary pass from going to a SB in Pittsburgh.

There was no reasoning with that team or reasons they won games at times. It was all guts. A good D and they just found ways to win games and had a good run game. They were scrappy and all heart.

Harbaugh was Captain Comeback that season and they won games on luck a lot too. I remember one quote from Harbaugh that year going into a postseason game "We just knew we would win the game. Didn't know how but we just knew we would find a way to win the game."

I am starting to get these vibes with these Broncos at times.

5. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +606
    I picked the broncos to go to the playoffs in one of my other posts... Between their defense and Tebow running out the clock, they are going to be tough to beat down the stretch.

6. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    It is possible since the Broncos will keep on playing against weaker teams or those on the same playing level.
    Of course it also depends on how Oakland as well as other teams winning and losing do.
    Whatever happens Tbag will have to outscore the other team and I don't think if they get closer to the SB and play stronger teams, he will be able to do that on running plays alone.
    Then again, put him in Lucas against the Pack and let's watch Aaron with his great arm outscore Tbag and the Broncs big time.

7. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    Broncos toughest games will be the Bears/Pats at home. I think that they can take the Bears right now.

Pats? Tough one but the Broncos have always had the Pats number and especially in Denver so it will be interesting to see.

8. Guacamole

Guacamole Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +93
    The Donkies are going nowhere.they barely beat the lowly Chargers.......The Raiders will win their division.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    Non believer alert.
    Why can't both get in? Well depends on Cincy/Titans/Texans/Jets I guess.
    They already have tiebreakers in the West over the Jets. Bengals have a tough road in their own division too. I cant see two from the South.

10. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    I would like to think so too but I'm not so sure yet.
    The Raiders bearly beat Da Bears today using a back up QB.
    Raiders better get it together enough to beat all the teams they play except for the Packers, of course.

11. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    This. The Raiders are not all that either and the Broncos already beat them. However with McFadden back they will get a boost on offense.

Packers need to beat the Raiders since they need to go 16-0. ;)

12. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +481
    Could happen. Denver has Angles in their backfield.

13. Guacamole

Guacamole Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +93
    I meant if they get into the playoffs......they are going nowhere,,and yes I am a huge non beliver in Tebow

• Like Like x 2
  14. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    You never do know if they get in. If they have the luck and angels on their side they could pull off an upset or two. There is sometimes that team in the playoffs.....a team that defies logic.

15. Guacamole

Guacamole Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +93
    Hope I don't get struck by lightning

16. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871

Oh god I remember that game.

I still question the call in the last Pittsburgh touchdown, he didn't cross the goal line, and after the kick off, NO FLAGS on excessive celebration when what's his name took his helmet off to celebrate pinning the Colts down outside the 20.
    Colts should have won that game, but even in the 1990's, even in 1970's when the Steelers were a success, the refs kept them in games.

• Like Like x 1
  17. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    I'm not a Tebow fan, but I don't get all the blind Tebow hate. He has no control over the volume of press he gets and he's a genuinely good kid. Plus, even though he's not very good at the QB position, he is fun to watch. Not sure why he has so many haters.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    Yep. I didn't want to bring up the refs. Steelers. Refs. Rinse and repeat.

19. Rodgers in the House

Rodgers in the House Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +109
    All I can say is that I believe in the power of Tim Tebow. And as for that Steelers-Colts game, the wrong team went to the Superbowl.

• Like Like x 1
  20. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +832
    @#$% Tim Tebow. That is all I have to say on the subject.

How about talking about Von Miller and how great he and the defense are playing.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +416
    It would be quite funny if we had a SB rematch Denver versus Packers, Packers then could beat them in a SB.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    As much as I would like to see that, I doubt it will happen.
    Tbag and the Broncs would get owned by the Stealers or Ravens. And we will see in a couple weeks what the Cheatriots can do to him.
    But everything is up for grabs. I have no idea who the Pack will face but if it's the Stealers again, I think Pack will win after watching how KC almost beat the Stealers.

23. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +119
    Ugliest mechanics in the league. Ugliest. I cringe everytime I see him throw the ball.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    Blasphemy! The media will ignore the defense once again!

• Like Like x 1
  25. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    Awesome!
    You gots your Sig Pics updated!
    :tup: