1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Brett to announce...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Bruce, Mar 6, 2006.

1. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for the "heads up" gopack!!! I wouldn't have known that if you wouldn't have said it! Now i have to find something for Max to sign, IF i get lucky enough to get his auto. He will be one of the "special" ones, i'm sure!

2. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What are you bringing for the players to sign

3. retiredgrampa

retiredgrampa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Favre won't show up if he's going to retire...that would pour rain on EVERYBODY'S parade. At the same time, I would expect that he'd wait until after the Fan Fest for the same reason. Frankly, since so little has been done to prove TT's dedication to improve, I don't see how Favre can yet make a decision either way. He'll wait it out a while.

4. BACKIN-PACKIN

BACKIN-PACKIN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Why would Brett announce he is coming back to a crowd of fans? It sounds more like a "Good-bye, farewell, best-wishes, and thanks for all your support" than anything having to do with extending his career. Just my opinion.

5. CalifPacker

CalifPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I think Brett is just waiting to see if TT is going to pick up some FA's. I don't expect him to announce his plans until after the draft. He doesn't want to go through another 4 win season.

6. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3

i really disagree. strongly.

that would just be rude of brett.

"yay, daddy, look brett favre ... ::favre gives speech:: .....WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

7. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    well, i think...

i'll have a beer!!!
    :pals: :rotflmao: :mug: :beer: :chug:

8. BACKIN-PACKIN

BACKIN-PACKIN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    HERE'S LOOKIN' AT YOU, KID!

9. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  10. BACKIN-PACKIN

BACKIN-PACKIN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If, as he says, his decision may not come until after the draft, then I'll take that as a good sign. He may dedcide to come back if he sees a strong draft. But, as usual, Brett holds everyone in suspense; he's been doing it for years.

11. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    While I am disappoined to read this -- thanks for the update, you have saved me digging through a ton of stuff I read to find the article that said he was coming.

12. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Yeah.......i heard on the 11am radio news (WTMJ Milwaukee) that Favre wasn't expected to show up this weekend. I REALLY was hoping he would show and say he's returning. Oh well.......that doesn't mean he won't......we just won't get to celebrate it this weekend is all.

13. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    this surprises me, because he has a bonus due tomorrow, if we pay it we will have 3 million less in cap space, won't we?

14. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    if he retires that is

15. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    They can extend it, so that both sides don't have to worry about that yet.

16. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    if he doesnt make his decision until after the draft, i will be really pissed off at favre. Instead of going into free agency and the draft knowing favre is retired, is almost not as bad as going into it in limbo, which ted and MM are doing. Do they draft a backup qb? do they go after brees?

those answers would easilly be answered if there was a definite answer. If favre says he retires, we try and get a solid QB here. If he says he stays, we spend that money elsewhere.

Thats called "holding a team hostage" and it makes me sick to my stomach my favorite QB is doing that to an organization I love.

17. ILOVETHEPACK

ILOVETHEPACK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  18. paxvogel

paxvogel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He could go and say nothing more than he has so far.

19. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    It would be GREAT Public relations to have Favre show up as a surprise, and announce he's returning.
    I HOPE that is what happens, but i don't think it will. If it does, i'll be a happy camper!!!

20. retiredgrampa

retiredgrampa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Tromadz beat me to it, and is RIGHT ON! Waiting until AFTER the draft to announce EITHER way is as anti-team as you can get. Tromadz has already given the reasons. Let me just second his disgust for Favre if this scenerio occurs. And then some! Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised that if Favre announces that he will not decide until AFTER the draft, that TT takes the choice out of Favre's hands and decides for him. Believe it or not, that would be in the best interests of the Packers.

21. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I believe he will announce his decision BEFORE the draft. I REALLY think he will.......as he KNOWS whats at stake. Like i have said before........he MAY have made up his mind already, and is just waiting for, or till AFTER Fan Fest, to not destroy the atmosphere there IF he is not coming back.
    Maybe i'm wrong.........i could be way off........but that is what i think.

22. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I will be pissed off if he doesn't announce it before the draft, there is more to the Packers than just Favre. He doesn't own the Packers.

23. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Well then I'm sure he will decide before that. I'm sure he's really worried about pissing off the Gakk :roll: What are you guys thinking?

24. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    we're thinking, one man is single handedly ******* up free agency and the draft if he doesnt decide soon.

If favre retires tomorrow, we can get a backup through free agency, or draft one.

If Favre says hes staying tomorrow, we dont have to worry too much about that at all.

But since favre isnt announcing anything until after the draft(I hope thats a bad rumor, it was on packersnews or jsonline, i forget which), The GB organization will not know what they have at QB, so what are they to do?

The second free agency starts, and Favre hasnt made a decision, he is holding the team hostage, and its a shame. Why dont you people realize that?

I love favre
    I love the packers

I hate the situation.

25. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think hes coming back I dont think he would say I will wait then say oh no you didnt do good enough