1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Brett to announce...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Bruce, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ... his return on fan day!!!!

At least that is my educated guess. It is based on Brett's announcement that he will attend.

I cannot see him attending fan day to face fans if the best he has to offer is, "I think I wait..."

2. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bruce, I hope you are 1000% correct!!!!!

3. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    when is fan day! answer please!

4. JbShell

JbShell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    March 10-12th

5. JbShell

JbShell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Damn that blows my prediction out of da water huh

6. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I would laugh my *** off if Favre showed up, and went "Welcome to The Green Bay Packers Fan Fest...guys....im giving it up. Its been a blast, but its time to call it quits."

That would be such a buzzkill, id **** myself with laughter. thats like punching a little kid at the circus right in the face.

(after i was done laughing...id probably cry for hours on end realizing the A-Rod era has begun. :( )

7. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You wouldn't be alone there buddy...... :x

8. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Hey.....i hadn't heard that he said he was going to be there.......but i said weeks ago, that if he showed up at Fan Fest, it would mean he was coming back, and if he did'nt announce anything by then, he was calling it quits. I don't for one SECOND think he would show up to say it's over. That would KILL Fan Fest. The Packers would NOT let him show up to say "it's over" in my view.

9. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    So far it looks just like it's a "rumor" being spread around that Favre is going to be there. I want to the Packer site, and there's no mention of him being there. So.....where did you hear this rumor?
    It would be great if it's true, but i can't find any verification from a reliable source yet.

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I think it may just be "wishful thinking" thats being passed off as "fact". I HOPE i'm wrong, but so far, there is nothing to show me there is any fact to it. I know how fast rumors can be turned into "I heard from so and so...." and before you know it, it gets around the WEB as truth.

11. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I read it in a Milwaukee Journal/Sentinal article. I have to hit the road here now, but I will look for the source later tonight when I get back into town.

12. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks Bruce! I really DO hope you are right! If he shows up, i think it will be GOOD news.

13. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    good news idd

14. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I hope they are right as well, be the greatest news!!! I to don't think Brett would go to fan fest and announce his retirement there.

15. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Good MORNING Hedder!!!
    Thats why i HOPE we can find out if he IS going to be there or not. I have been looking around, trying to find verification, but to no avail so far.

16. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree I don't think Brett would go there to announce his retirement.

He realizes how much of a damper that would put on things.

However, if this labor situation keeps getting dragged out and the Packers can't show their resolve to get better through free agency, he may announce his retirement afterwards.

17. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Last year he showeed up un announced and told everyone he was coming back

18. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    No gopack.........we knew WELL ahead of time he was going to be there. The announcement that he was coming back to play was the "surprise".
    But it was announced weeks before Fan Fest that he would be there. I know, cause i had brought along my Favre jersey, hoping to get it signed. I didn't get the "wild card" for Favre's autograph though.
    Thats why i somewhat doubt that he will be there. I still haven't been able to find anything saying he will be there. I hope i'm wrong though.

19. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ohhhhhhhhhhh ok well I hope he comes and I could get him and antoinios autograph and then bart and mcgees autographs

20. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    i have not heard but i hope he does come even if it is to say retirement but i dont think he would come for that i think that would be big sports news

21. Leelee

Leelee Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think he'd come and say he still hadn't made up his mind. It seems to me he is not above putting a little pressure on TT to make some moves in free agency. Which could mean he'd come to Fan Fest with that message. Just my opinion!

22. JbShell

JbShell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well it is obvious he is putting on the showman ship to TT tried to do it to save sherman. A little pressure on TT to make a move any move

23. calicheesehead

calicheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This is good news. I concur that if he does show, he'll be back to play. If he does not, he'll retire I believe. If he does retire, I'm afraid TT will blow off the Williams pick and move for another QB which will be wrong IMO. We need our D to be dominating before Brett rides his tractor off into the sunset.

24. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Gopack.,.......have you heard that Max Mcgee is going to be there? If so, i had not heard that. I'd LOVE to get his autograph. He caught the first EVER TD pass in a super bowl, and was one heck of a radio announcer for the Packers with Jim Irwin.
    I know Freeman is supposed to be there..........Starr would be a great one to get, for sure. I did get his on a football card, personalized to me. But i have a photo of Starr from last years Fan Fest i'd like to get signed.

25. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeh it was just announced today on packer.com