Brett Favre

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Do you think he's costing us more games than winning for us? I'm no brett hater, I have loved watching the guy since his first reception to himself, but I'm almost wanting a QB who will just not lose the game. Two of those INTs are jus unexcusable. I always try to defend him in front of my friends, but I was at a loss of words with the goal line INT.

acw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, I don't think he's costing more then he's worth. Is he as good as he was, No. Is he the best anymore, No. Is he still in the top 10 QBs in the league, Yes. Is he worth keeping, YES.

He's always been a gun slinger. Let's face the reality, he's trying to lead an average team to the Super Bowl. Would this team be 10-4 with Micheal Vick at QB, maybe. With Daunte Caulpepper, how about Craig Nall?

A little more discipline would be nice, however that seems to be a team problem.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he's had a great deal on his plate this year, for one...

But, Favre himself, has said that he can keep playing because it soothes him to be out on the field. He finds solace out there... With that in mind, then I'd say:
"Hey pal, how's about paying more attention to fundamentals?"
A couple of times, we had 'other' WR's wide open and Brett didn't see it.
I still say if they would call more crossing routes and screen pass plays, he'd be back on keel...

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My personal opinion is that Brett sometimes hurts us, but he makes more good plays than bad plays which is why we never had a losing season with him at the helm. I don't think this team would be a Super Bowl favorite with Peyton Manning either with our suspect defense.

Below were some interesting comments today by Cliff Christl on Favre's game:

"Favre

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hold on, fans... I didn't 'say' we should get rid of Brett -- I mentioned having a few more of the old plays that were part of Brett's staple, when Sherm Lewis was the OC - big diff..... If Brett wants to come back for one more year, or two, or three.. that's fine as long as he gets the Coaching support he deserves... which is not happening now (only Sherman, and even that's part time)...and may actually cause him... to walk away.

Food for thought!
Point of contention: I'm more of a Packer fan, than a Favre/Marino fan.
So, when it's time - I'll say so..

Brad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if we allow favre to have basically total control of the offense we have to accept mistakes like this as well...The goal-line interception was inexcusable but my gosh, some of those other throws he made were unbelievable, and the one that got picked off right out of drivers hands is our receivers fault...Favre put that ball the only place it could be caught, and Driver has to be strong with it when he catches it, he has had a weak grip on the ball all season! stemming back to his reverse fumble earlier on...You can put the blame on Favre for the goaline pick, that was terrible, but we have to accept some mistakes when we give him absolute power...im no saying we should take his power away, but we all should be willing to accept mistakes is all...as agravating as they can be sometimes :shock:

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
some very good pts there with the fact that you gotta take the good with the bad. it's easy to talk about a bad pick in the endzone, but you also gotta remember that for everyone of those there has been a deep throw threaded into double coverage or a shovel pass when he was going down for the sack. i still think favre is a top 5 qb and certainly deserves the pro bowl more than vick. bottomline....we will always have a chance to win with #4 on the field. how many games has he truly lost for us and how many has he won? i'll take those numbers. i also think back to all of the ints that he has thrown, how many were tipped? how many times was yet another new young wr running the wrong route or turning the wrong way? the recap of the super bowl win is on nfl network right now. damn favre is special.

Sandra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre made this franchise what it is, and we have gotten used to a higher standard of play. We have to cut him a little slack, because mistakes will be made. Any other team would give up their kids to have BF on their team. Except maybe the Colts.. :p

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sandra said:
Brett Favre made this franchise what it is, and we have gotten used to a higher standard of play. We have to cut him a little slack, because mistakes will be made. Any other team would give up their kids to have BF on their team. Except maybe the Colts.. :p
Or maybe the Patriots, Steelers, Falcons, or dare I say... the Eagles or the Colts...!
I'll always cherish the last ten years with Brett being at the helm for this Team. If I had my way, I'd have him playing at SuperBowl levels for the next ten years. But, that really wouldn't be fair to the rest of the other Teams, now would it? And what about Brett getting that chance to be a Coach? It "is" something that he has stated he would really like to do.

How about this - Does Tiger Woods have anything to be afraid of? I would think so.. Hell, he has a handicap on the Golf course of like 3, or (guess what)... 4. He'd be a great Pro Golfer - and what's more.. Arnold Palmer & Co know it....

Here's a thought - which needs to be considered...
FACT: "Whenever the Packers lose to the Colts, here in Indy - they've gone on.. to the SuperBowl."
And, when we were at 1-4, everyone thought.. "Well, that's not gonna happen" - yet we made sure to tell all the pony fans, around here, that one startling FACT. They certainly shut the hell up once we told 'em, too! :lol:

And, if we would quit playing "prevent football" - we might just find ourselves there yet again. Like Brett said:
"SuperBowl or bust!"

Members online

Latest posts