Brett Favre to NOT meet with McCarthy this week

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
at least not on his trip to the senior bowl. Its one of the new articles on packersnews.com

It was RUMORED they would meet all week. Most of us thought it would indeed happen. Now it looks like the rumor is false(shocker).

So I am sure Favre66 and others will say "This is the final attempt at pushing brett out" "the straw that broke the hall of fambers back" and whatnot. The only thing that changed is nothing at all. He didnt plan on meeting him, and he will not meet him. It is simple.

AT LEAST NOT ON HIS TRIP TO THE SENIOR BOWL

Will they meed before that, after that? Will they talk on the phone during this whole thing? Who knows. You can speculate all you want on that, i know a lot of you enjoy it.

I will throw my opinion(you know, opinion, the thing most of you think is a fact) out there. This does not help the favre return. I would love to read "Favre meets with mccarthy" and "Favre and new head coach throw a few beers back and talk about the future" articles, but its not there. At least not yet.

To his credit, MM is still hiring\firing\interviewing his staff. This is probably more important than talking to favre(or any player). He can have favre in his prime,green in his prime,javon in his prime and all of that, but it wont mean much if his staff is halfassed because he didnt give it 100% cuz he made special trips to favres house.

MM said he wants favre back. TT said the same. They have talked. They still have to talk. They will. It probably makes more sense to build a great staff, and THEN talk to favre and sell him on the new staff and scheme, instead of going and saying "come back brett..i hired a couple guys....still got a lot of others to get...but im here talking to you...giving you...almost 0 information because I have no complete staff...so...hows your daughters? "

Favre watch continues.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone catch Total Access - Rich was talking to Adam Schefter who had "broken" the 100 mile side trip to Hattiesburg story. He further said that McCarthy and Brett had tried on several occasions to talk via phone but they kept missing each other due mostly to McCarthy's hefty schedule building a staff.

Can you picture this -

McCarthy's assistant: Mike - I've got Brett Favre on line 2. Says you left a message yesterday...

Mike - Brett? Brett? Oh that Brett - I'm interviewing O-Line coaches I'll get back to him.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't worry Trom........i didn't take any offense to your news update!
Favre MAY just be waiting to see what it will be like when all the parts are in place before he gives his yes or no to returning. Who knows whats going on behind closed doors at 1265??? I sure don't pretend to know. There may be alot more going on then any of us realize. Maybe theres no need for them to visit Brett, maybe it's all decided already, and they just are mum about it. I'm not going to worry............whats gonna happen will happen, no matter what i want or think.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree, cheesey.

that is how I would do it, if I were favre. Id want the HC to get his staff together, get his stuff in order, and then hit me up. till then, im on the back 9.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Packinsteel......i'm surprised you have any time to come on here! Why arn't you out buying Steelers AFC championship gear!!! Are you able to get ahold of any of it by you?

Anyway........i think Brett will be back. I can't see him bowing out without a curtain call. I could be wrong.......but that rarely happens.........LOLOL!!! :lol:

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packinsteel said:
McCarthy's assistant: Mike - I've got Brett Favre on line 2. Says you left a message yesterday...

Mike - Brett? Brett? Oh that Brett - I'm interviewing O-Line coaches I'll get back to him.
LOL I like it...

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"You can speculate all you want on that, i know a lot of you enjoy it."-including yourself.
"you know, opinion, the thing most of you think is a fact"

Trom, come down off the podium a bit brother. This is a forum= A public meeting place for open discussion. A medium of open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper or a radio or television program. A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation.
If someone has an opinion or speculates, it is open discussion or a forum.
Granted the tone is inherent of the reader, but it sure reads as if you're putting people, fellow Packer Fans, down with your Speculation and Opinions.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
"You can speculate all you want on that, i know a lot of you enjoy it."-including yourself.
"you know, opinion, the thing most of you think is a fact"

Trom, come down off the podium a bit brother. This is a forum= A public meeting place for open discussion. A medium of open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper or a radio or television program. A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation.
If someone has an opinion or speculates, it is open discussion or a forum.
Granted the tone is inherent of the reader, but it sure reads as if you're putting people, fellow Packer Fans, down with your Speculation and Opinions.

you sure could have Pm'ed me this, you said absolutely nothing about the favre\mm meeting, or nonmeeting. but i guess the castigation had to be made in a (as you pointed out) 'public' forum. :thumbsup:

Staff online

Latest posts