Brain dead reporters

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm listening to McCarthy's press conference, and here's the question he gets about 2 minutes into it:

"Do you think he'll(Brett) go on and play next year, or is it still up in the air?"

Are these guys retarded? And yes thats a serious question. Its the same old stupid questions everytime. And people wonder why Brett declines to talk sometimes.

Btw, McCarthy's response was , "You know, I wish I could get through one of these things without answering that question. Its something that will be addressed in the off season"

Then Brett comes out, and he gets asked the same question!!!! His answer?
"You know, I dont even really think about it unless you guys bring it up."

This reminds me of when we were kids and we would bug our parents with, "Are we there yet?, Are we there yet?, Are we there yet?, Are we there yet?"

Reaction score
LMAO @ your poll options.

Truth be told, it's kinda sad the media haven't been able to understand what "I'll decide in the offseason" means.

Good on McCarthy for saying that, it is getting tiring. My little sister could come up with better questions, and she's somewhere around er 9-12 years old.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
The media is ignorant at times. I'm the first to agree and prove that (see Charity Golf Event), but its widely known that Brett will let things 'slip' as he is very honest with his answers. So I think they are under the thought if we keep prying at him maybe he'll give us something!!

It's stupid an they should respect the man and wait for the season to be over.

OP
OP
IronMan

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One funny part of Brett's press conference, when asked about Alex Smith, he said.."I joked with Mike this week saying, the best thing that ever happened to Alex Smith was McCarthy leaving."

:lol: :p

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
maybe they should do like Sherman did last year..

a Cell phone goes off its over..

ask a retiring question the pc is over..

OP
OP
IronMan

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
maybe they should do like Sherman did last year..

a Cell phone goes off its over..

ask a retiring question the pc is over..
Works for me. That was unbelievable with the cell phones last year. They were reminded before every pc to turn them off. And yeah, a few times Sherman just left when one went off. Thats what they get for being stupid.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not that they're braindead, they're just plain lazy. They are hoping McCarthy or Favre will say something interesting, then they will have a story that will sell a few newspapers or serve as the lead-in on the evening sports report. It's a problem with journalists in general. If they owned restaurants, they would only serve hamburgers, because that's the most popular food.

mike_donnelly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate watching Bill Parcells's conferences. He does get some pretty bad questions, but he always asks them to repeat their question, I 'm pretty sure he heard what they said, just wanted them to look silly.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts