1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Brain dead reporters

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by IronMan, Dec 11, 2006.

1. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    I'm listening to McCarthy's press conference, and here's the question he gets about 2 minutes into it:

"Do you think he'll(Brett) go on and play next year, or is it still up in the air?"

Are these guys retarded? And yes thats a serious question. Its the same old stupid questions everytime. And people wonder why Brett declines to talk sometimes.

Btw, McCarthy's response was , "You know, I wish I could get through one of these things without answering that question. Its something that will be addressed in the off season"

Then Brett comes out, and he gets asked the same question!!!! His answer?
    "You know, I dont even really think about it unless you guys bring it up."

This reminds me of when we were kids and we would bug our parents with, "Are we there yet?, Are we there yet?, Are we there yet?, Are we there yet?"

2. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    LMAO @ your poll options.

Truth be told, it's kinda sad the media haven't been able to understand what "I'll decide in the offseason" means.

Good on McCarthy for saying that, it is getting tiring. My little sister could come up with better questions, and she's somewhere around er 9-12 years old.

3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    The media is ignorant at times. I'm the first to agree and prove that (see Charity Golf Event), but its widely known that Brett will let things 'slip' as he is very honest with his answers. So I think they are under the thought if we keep prying at him maybe he'll give us something!!

It's stupid an they should respect the man and wait for the season to be over.

4. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    One funny part of Brett's press conference, when asked about Alex Smith, he said.."I joked with Mike this week saying, the best thing that ever happened to Alex Smith was McCarthy leaving."

:lol: :p

5. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,481
    maybe they should do like Sherman did last year..

a Cell phone goes off its over..

ask a retiring question the pc is over..

6. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Works for me. That was unbelievable with the cell phones last year. They were reminded before every pc to turn them off. And yeah, a few times Sherman just left when one went off. Thats what they get for being stupid.

7. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's not that they're braindead, they're just plain lazy. They are hoping McCarthy or Favre will say something interesting, then they will have a story that will sell a few newspapers or serve as the lead-in on the evening sports report. It's a problem with journalists in general. If they owned restaurants, they would only serve hamburgers, because that's the most popular food.

8. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Aren't all reporters brain dead? It's why they're reporters. They're the top brass's monkeys

9. mike_donnelly

mike_donnelly Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I hate watching Bill Parcells's conferences. He does get some pretty bad questions, but he always asks them to repeat their question, I 'm pretty sure he heard what they said, just wanted them to look silly.