Brady is Giving Back

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the conclusion that the Packers haven't been able to win another title based on Rodgers earning too much money seems to be completely wrong.
Did somebody say that? With Rodgers, I think there's more concern for the approaching years as his cap hit increases.

It looks like the Packers have had enough problems of late that you can't really blame them on on one factor alone. There have been years where Ted didn't really rise to the occasion plugging some holes, but that may have been as much his stubbornness and lack of options as any shortage in cap space.

As for the Patriots, I'm still amazed they were able to win this last Super Bowl. Most people didn't think they had the talent this year. It's like they're doing it with smoke and mirrors now.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even from 2013-19 Rodgers cap hit will on an average have been only $2.2 million higher than Brady's or 1.4% of the total salary cap.

With the Patriots having won the Super Bowl last season while Brady having the highest cap hit out of all those years you mentioned the conclusion that the Packers haven't been able to win another title based on Rodgers earning too much money seems to be completely wrong.
i didn't base it on that solely. if you reread my post i said along with other big factors. how'd you miss that part? ted's drafting being just one, everyone getting old at the same time is another, etc.

there's that on average thing again. caps are impacted year to year...not on average. it's 3-4-5-6 million. the pats had more to work with those years as brady took a smaller percentage of the cap. they happened to win 2 SB's in those years. me about rodgers cap isn't as much a shot at him as it is a shot at the Packers FO. it's probably 40/60. teams everywhere need to get smart on qb cap% hits. it's bad at $28-30m but bumping that 10+% was stupid. you can't compete in free agency. new orleans is in a world of hurt in 2019.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

there's that on average thing again. caps are impacted year to year...not on average. it's 3-4-5-6 million. the pats had more to work with those years as brady took a smaller percentage of the cap. they happened to win 2 SB's in those years. it's bad at $28-30m but bumping that 10+% was stupid. you can't compete in free agency. new orleans is in a world of hurt in 2019.

The Packers had more cap hit to work with than the Patriots last season yet New England ended up winning the Super Bowl. There's no way around having to pay an elite quarterback a boatload of money, maybe Gutekunst could have done a better deal structuring it though.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers had more cap hit to work with than the Patriots last season yet New England ended up winning the Super Bowl. There's no way around having to pay an elite quarterback a boatload of money, maybe Gutekunst could have done a better deal structuring it though.
*last year the pats had a better team due to those previous years and their cap structure.
*agreed. the current problem is due to teams throwing stupid money at less-than-elite qb's. teams with elites can't be sucked into that stupidity. they and their elite qb have to show some self-awareness, some discipline. atl was the first with an elite to face the stupidity and failed letting it get to $30m. then the Packers come along and breach that by 10+% at $33.5. let's see if sea, ne, no, pit, handle the same situation differently.
*yup. timing, rate, and length could have been much better.

D

Deleted member 6794

*last year the pats had a better team due to those previous years and their cap structure.

Well, the Patriots definitely used the available cap space better than the Packers last season but there's no denying that Brady accounted for a larger portion of it than Rodgers in 2018.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Packers fans should actually complain that the team hasn't been able to structure Rodgers deals in a similar way to the ones the Patriots have been able with Brady.
Wouldn't matter, some would still find something to complain about. ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tom Brady just "gave back" to someone! WOW....over $400K for his rookie card....crazy.
Wow, that price is insane, especially for such a modern card. I thought the bottom dropped out of the sports card collectible market back in the 90s.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Wow, that price is insane, especially for such a modern card. I thought the bottom dropped out of the sports card collectible market back in the 90s.
Yup, makes me regret trading my Tom Brady Rookie card for this one. :oops:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

Latest posts