Bourke and Barry Released

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I think Coston's probably next to go after this year if he doesn't show he can contribute. Barbre is the kind of player that has the exposure and the tools in this system and they will find another next year if the depth they have doesn't perform.

Have you seen Barbre play in a single snap yet? But here you are praising this player, yet you can come out an degrade people for questioning the depth or a roster move in cutting a guy that showed some promise with the pads on in live action.

Ironic to say the least...

I really don't want to start a war or debate but I really want you to see that you can advise someone to let the coach/GM do their job that has a different opinion, yet in the same thread praise someone "with the tools" to excel in this system; with the same amount of time invested as someone questioning a roster move.

I say you have that right just as much as I have a right to voice my opinion without the ... "you have no talent nor time invested in player evaluation" speech.

I love it when it gets to this time when the coaches and staff do what they are paid to do and get second guessed by people that have put 0, that's zero, time or have zero background in determining talent.

You don't know Bourke from dork. OK? Anybody that says they do actually know whether this guy should have been cut is seriously reaching.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
I think Coston's probably next to go after this year if he doesn't show he can contribute. Barbre is the kind of player that has the exposure and the tools in this system and they will find another next year if the depth they have doesn't perform.

Have you seen Barbre play in a single snap yet? But here you are praising this player, yet you can come out an degrade people for questioning the depth or a roster move in cutting a guy that showed some promise with the pads on in live action.

Ironic to say the least...

I really don't want to start a war or debate but I really want you to see that you can advise someone to let the coach/GM do their job that has a different opinion, yet in the same thread praise someone "with the tools" to excel in this system; with the same amount of time invested as someone questioning a roster move.

I say you have that right just as much as I have a right to voice my opinion without the ... "you have no talent nor time invested in player evaluation" speech.

I love it when it gets to this time when the coaches and staff do what they are paid to do and get second guessed by people that have put 0, that's zero, time or have zero background in determining talent.

You don't know Bourke from dork. OK? Anybody that says they do actually know whether this guy should have been cut is seriously reaching.

I did not voice an opinion on Barbre. I pointed out how the staff appears to be building the team. Did you really expect them to draft Barbre in the 4th round and then let him go before an undrafted player still around from before the change over to the zone blocking system was put in?

Why draft the guy in the first place if they didn't think he was a better fit in the system we use than who we already have? Once you saw his name on the board it was pretty obvious Barry or Bourke or both would be gone wasn't it?

We're talking about two of the first guys to go here. It had to be pretty bleak for them BASED ON WHAT THE STAFF HAS SEEN SO FAR for them to go this early.

It's a fairly common practice to pick up guys in these rounds that have upside as a possible future starter over players that have had their chance and don't show the same potential. We got Wells a few years back in a similar manner.

It's how it works. It's not MY opinion or WHO I think should stay or go. Would you rather have marginal players who haven't shown they can break thru or young guys with upside that could one day possibly start?

If Barbre doesn't SHOW improvement and give them cause to believe he has the ability over the next year or so I would imagine his *** will be right where these other two are at this moment. On the road.

Members online

Latest posts