Blake Martinez

Calvin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great defensive player carry themselves, anytime you start talking they need such and such next to them at best, again at best the player is average. Should GB resign him, no, will they, yep. He fits in the year Rodgers won the SB. AJ Hawk was better, much better. Clay Matthews was horrible against the run on the edge. GB put him in the middle, he was much better than blake

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I think Martinez is easily in the top half of players in like position/scheme in the league. Is he great? No.

Like all ILB’s he looks better when the DL is controlling the line of scrimmage.

The Eagles handled us at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. They bear watching in the future if they continue doing that. They appear to be a well rounded team. I agree with those that say that not having St. Brown and Burks/Greene is hurting this team.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raven Greene was more important than people realize. Not only was he a pretty good player and getting better, his loss has caused a shift to people like Redmond to be on the field a lot. He's not ready for that yet.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish people would stop with Burks. The guy has done nothing, except show that he's a major work in progress. And that's the rare times when he's actually available. This guy isn't the great savior at the position.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I wish people would stop with Burks. The guy has done nothing, except show that he's a major work in progress. And that's the rare times when he's actually available. This guy isn't the great savior at the position.

Is anyone calling him a great savior?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is anyone calling him a great savior?

When talking about the problems that inside linebacker, there are plenty of post that allude to if we only had Burke's or when Burke's comes back.
Burke's at this point is a nonentity.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When talking about the problems that inside linebacker, there are plenty of post that allude to if we only had Burke's or when Burke's comes back.
Whatever Burke is, he is better than what we have by virtue of the fact that the coaches had him as a starter.

Of course we traded for that NYG fella. Fact that I can't even recall his name says something. Don't recall him playing at all.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raven Greene was more important than people realize. Not only was he a pretty good player and getting better, his loss has caused a shift to people like Redmond to be on the field a lot. He's not ready for that yet.

And y'all thought I was high on Greene for no reason. I TOLD ALL Y'ALL WHEN TRAINING CAMP STARTED!

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FOR THE LOVE, HIS NAME IS OREN BURKS.

Not Burke's, or Burke, or Burk.

OREN BURKS.

Learn it, you plebes.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any way you slice it, if Bercks can come back solid to contribute, it would be a huge plus.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

He was a relatively high developmental pick who was meant to start this year. People want to see what he can do. They're also on like the 4th string dude in his role, so fans are eager to get more help back there. No one is calling him a savior. That's a straw man.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was a relatively high developmental pick who was meant to start this year. People want to see what he can do. They're also on like the 4th string dude in his role, so fans are eager to get more help back there. No one is calling him a savior. That's a straw man.

No, you're inserting savior into the discussion is a straw man, which I never said or that anyone else . I thought I made that clear in my post. Your post also does not address that post in that Burke has not done squat yet, not about people's hopes for him.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

No, you're inserting savior into the discussion is a straw man, which I never said or that anyone else . I thought I made that clear in my post. Your post also does not address that post in that Burke has not done squat yet, not about people's hopes for him.

You serious?

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care who it is. Martinez/Summers/Goodson/Burques.... just give us any combination to effectively stop DAL on Sunday. That is all I care about. If Pettine can get the run stopped against this team it will be one hell of a coaching job by him. I'm hopeful Montravius Adams is able to come in and help in this regard as well. All hands on deck for this one.

In all seriousness, Burks is a player who was highly touted by many at draft time, especially with hybrid players en vogue at the position. Shazier and Buchannon were the rage. Not sure how that is working really, but, if Oren can come back strong, it would be a big help, both run and pass. However, I do have issues with him myself. He hasn't shown much of anything since being drafted. I have to admit that. He was not on my draft time radar, but, I did want a speed guy who could cover some ground. Former Safety with some size to play LB. That did fit the bill of what we needed in the middle of our D. None of us have really seen that materialize in real production yet.

Thinking back on it, they tried to get that same hybrid with Jones, and that didn't work. At all. I'm hoping Burks does work for the Packers. That would be VERY welcome this season.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fine. Still never said anybody else said it. but if you'd rather instead of the content of the post play Perry Mason and nitpick about semantics do it on your own time do it on your own time

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Fine. Still never said anybody else said it. but if you'd rather instead of the content of the post play Perry Mason and nitpick about semantics do it on your own time do it on your own time

You having fun pitching a fit?

All I did was respond to what you said. You are free to clarify. If that's not what you meant, then say that. It's not the reader's fault.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Enough with the pitching a fit bulshit. You and I have always gotten along well, but if you want to continue with this crap do in front of a mirror.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FWIW, I recall a great podcast featuring Blake Martinez prior to the season, discussing what both he and Burks were experiencing last year, and how excited they were for this year, knowing what they did of Pettine's system after having had some time in it. How much more quickly they would be able to diagnose and react, knowing with confidence the other knew how to adjust to what was happening in front of them.

That all went away when Oren got hurt. Maybe, maybe, they bring it back together to show what positives they all were seeing with the two of them together in the middle of Pettine's D.

https://theathletic.com/977945/2019/05/15/p60-packers-podcast-special-guest-blake-martinez/

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Enough with the pitching a fit bulshit. You and I have always gotten along well, but if you want to continue with this crap do in front of a mirror.

I never said pitching a fit!

See how that doesn't make sense?

D

Deleted member 6794

Clay Matthews was horrible against the run on the edge. GB put him in the middle, he was much better than blake

No, Matthews went two consecutive games without registering a single tackle while playing inside. That's unheard of.

The only Clemson player I see on this roster is B.J. Goodson.

He was talking about Dexter Lawrence who he was in favor of the Packers selecting in this year's draft.

Members online

Latest posts