Big 12 Title Game

ToneKapone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been lurking on here for a while and just decided to register, great to be among packer fans, glad to be here.

I'm from Omaha, Nebraska and being a die hard husker fan I just wanted some opinions on the big 12 championship game between nebraska and texas.

Texas of course has been dominant, however they have not run the ball extremely well. Nebraska has been offensively challenged all year but during their 5 game winning streak they have been running the ball extremely well thanks to the returns of a healthy roy helu and rex burkhead. The special teams have played a huge role in that winning streak also, if you havent seen our place kicker/punter alex henery, you will get the chance to see him next saturday, he is amazing at pinning teams deep inside the 5.

Skipping to the point, what is your prediction? Personally I would never count out Bo Pelini and his intensity. Nebraska's defense is good enough to play with anybody in the nation, but the offense is going to be key.

I think Texas wins this but it wont be another laugher for the big 12 title.

Hopefully Nebraska comes through however to create some BCS chaos!!!!!!!!

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I'm not much of a Husker or a Longhorn fan, but I will be cheering for Nebraska in this game. I'm sick of hearing about Texas, they are highly overrated, the teams they dominated werent that impressive, and Texas A&M really gave them a run for their money. Nebraska has been inconsistent all year on offense, and you really dont know what you'll see from them. Most of their offense like you said comes on the ground, I think they will need to find a passing game to succeed against Texas (which is somthing Texas A&M did well). They will also need to continue the way they've been playing well on defense. If they can shut down McCoy they have a chance, as McCoy is the focal point of their offense.

OP
OP
T

ToneKapone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, I truly believe our defense can keep us in the game. Over the last few weeks the husker offense has ran the ball and stayed balanced with good play action passing, being able to do that will be the key in the game. Also, if any elite program has a glass jaw I believe that its Texas. Seeing TCU in the national championship game would be nice as well lol.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but I will be cheering for Nebraska in this game.

...One little thing I didn't think of that makes me retract this statement.

As much as I hate Texas, if Nebraska wins they automaticly go to the Fiesta Bowl, that spot should belong to the Iowa Hawkeyes otherwise. So sorry Huskers, I cant have you win.

OP
OP
T

ToneKapone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
actually, what was rumored around here in omaha, was if nebraska won, then it would have been iowa and nebraska in the fiesta bowl while leaving boise st. snubbed. As a midwest guy i would have loved to have seen that, but oh well, I'm proud of my cornhuskers, the defense was amazing and the offense gave them no support.

Members online

Latest posts