Best FAVRE moment oh his career

Reaction score
Hey all, how are you today?

Excluding his Monday night Oakland game, what is your favorite Brett moment or play?

I loved when he came back in after the concussion and tossed TD to Walker!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You had to Exclude the Oakland game here lol !!! I will also have to go with the TD toss against the Steelers too my friend !!!

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
with all the favre fodder on the board the last month or so, this is a great thread...i'll give my top five

5. 2001, Brett disected the 'amazing' Ravens defense, for over 300 yards and I think we ran up 48 points...side note it was the last time we saw Randall Cunningham in an NFL game...

4. Its as much Freeman as it was Favre, but the Monday Night OT win in 2000 at Lambeau was simply amazing.

3. My favorite Favre play, it was most likely one of the super bowl seasons, 96 or 97...the packers were playing in the kingdome vs. seattle...Favre gets hit by one of the Seahawks, he switches the ball to his left hand and flips it to I think Freeman who is standing in the end zone

2. My hate for the Philadelphia Eagles brought me to the Green Bay Packers--my dad elected to root for the Packers when Reggie White signed with Green Bay, and I followed...from when White first signed I'll go with Favre's toss to Sterling Sharpe to upend the Lions in 1993--my first season when I considered myself a Packers fan, I think I was like 8...

1. Running across the field with his helmet off in super bowl XXXI...he was pumped, Favre was acting like a kid, the most excited I've ever seen an athlete...I was ten years old at the time...He had braces and...so did I, nothing compares to this...

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me, it was the news conference at which he addressed his addiction to Vicodin. Remember, this is just before the 1996 season...the Packers had been threatening to get to the SB for a couple years (******* Cowboys), and were favorites by many in the offseason prior to this news conference. Now, the media was all doom and gloom about the Packers' chances to get over the hump.

In concluding the press conference, with The Walrus at his side, Favre says something to the effect of: "Many people want to write my career and this season off...to them I say, go ahead...bet against me."

Very Clint Eastwood, "Go ahead...make my day."

I knew he was a tough SOB physically prior to that moment...only then did I truly understand his mental toughness...and those who DID bet against him did, in fact, lose the bet...the Lombardi came home that year.

subin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I loved the one when he threw the TD with a concussion just because that was my first game at Lambeau.
However, what sucked about it was that he basically didn't play all of the second half, and we had no idea whether he was going to go in or not

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ONE of my favorites was in Chicago........i don't remember what year, but it was Halloween night, and it was a rain/snow mix with wind that was unreal. Favre ran about 40 yards for a TD in this mess, diving into the endzone over a couple players.
Both teams were in "throwback" jerseys. It was a WEIRD night! Punting against the wind made the ball go about 15 yards........mostly sideways.(And it wasn't even BJ Sander punting!)LOLOL!!! :lol:

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep...that was a great game...1994 or 1995 as I recall. All the nancygirl Cubs' fans ran home.........all their hearty neighbors to the north looked at the weather, said, "bring it on", and proceeded to have a blast as the Cubs got their ***** kicked.

packman31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A great one was the td pass to freeman in the superbowl right after new england pulled within 7 points. I also love the 99 yarder to brooks vs the bears.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
For me, it was the news conference at which he addressed his addiction to Vicodin. Remember, this is just before the 1996 season...the Packers had been threatening to get to the SB for a couple years (***** Cowboys), and were favorites by many in the offseason prior to this news conference. Now, the media was all doom and gloom about the Packers' chances to get over the hump.

In concluding the press conference, with The Walrus at his side, Favre says something to the effect of: "Many people want to write my career and this season off...to them I say, go ahead...bet against me."

Very Clint Eastwood, "Go ahead...make my day."

I knew he was a tough SOB physically prior to that moment...only then did I truly understand his mental toughness...and those who DID bet against him did, in fact, lose the bet...the Lombardi came home that year.

Good one digs ( Indeed classic Favre ) !!!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
with all the favre fodder on the board the last month or so, this is a great thread...i'll give my top five

5. 2001, Brett disected the 'amazing' Ravens defense, for over 300 yards and I think we ran up 48 points...side note it was the last time we saw Randall Cunningham in an NFL game...

4. Its as much Freeman as it was Favre, but the Monday Night OT win in 2000 at Lambeau was simply amazing.

3. My favorite Favre play, it was most likely one of the super bowl seasons, 96 or 97...the packers were playing in the kingdome vs. seattle...Favre gets hit by one of the Seahawks, he switches the ball to his left hand and flips it to I think Freeman who is standing in the end zone

2. My hate for the Philadelphia Eagles brought me to the Green Bay Packers--my dad elected to root for the Packers when Reggie White signed with Green Bay, and I followed...from when White first signed I'll go with Favre's toss to Sterling Sharpe to upend the Lions in 1993--my first season when I considered myself a Packers fan, I think I was like 8...

1. Running across the field with his helmet off in super bowl XXXI...he was pumped, Favre was acting like a kid, the most excited I've ever seen an athlete...I was ten years old at the time...He had braces and...so did I, nothing compares to this...

Javon's #1 above was the best. I believe it was an audible to Rison in the first quarter!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My fav moment is his run against the Pats in the SB.. I thought that was great and kinda put a mark on the game.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i liked when he was in "There's Something About Mary", and said 'i'm in town to play the dolphins, ya *******.' kidding. my favorite was him running off the field in the Super Bowl. And i really got a kick out of every time he got to jawing with warren sapp. pretty good stuff.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I really liked the time a squirrel ran onto the field and snunk up on Brett an he jumped about a foot off the ground. That was hilarious.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My number 1 favorite was the touchdown pass he threw to L Briggs last year.

My second favorite is any play where Favre would use the eyes in the back of his head to avoid the pass rush. I can't begin to count how many times that bastage avoided the sack and then completed a pass. He could really keep a play alive.

OP
OP
F
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am going to go old school. How about when he played in the game against Bama and won, after having much of his stomach removed only a couple months earlier.

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
It's not one specific games, but how about all the battles he had with Warren Sapp. It was fun to see 2 of the best compete against each other and at the same time have so much respect for one another.

These memories are also enhanced due to the fact that a good buddy of mine is a Bucs fan.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts