Behavior issues

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do you guys feel about drafting players with behavior issues? Avoid? investigate? Do we have the structure to properly deal with such players?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess it depends on the "issues". Young adults screw up. They don't always realize the gravity of a situation, they're impulsive, they party, careless etc. Some older adults are too, some never learn :) But a good number of young adults do screw up at some point. I'm more concerned about their attitude after. Not what they necessarily say, because that's just BS, but how they respond to their screw up and how genuine I feel they are.

Like a Johnny Manziel, I thought he would flop in the NFL for a few reasons, the main being his attitude. So far he's done nothing but greatly disappoint those that had belief in his ability. He seems to be saying and doing the right things now, but I don't believe any of it is genuine. He's going thru the motions in the offseason. This part is easy. It would be nice to see a young man get his "stuff" together and be productive, but I have a feeling that once the spotlight is on, the pressure to perform and the questions are being asked again, the pressure will reveal his true character again.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do you guys feel about drafting players with behavior issues? Avoid? investigate? Do we have the structure to properly deal with such players?

I personally don't have an issue with someone with behavior problems, what I do have an issue with is a player, Shane Ray, getting busted for weed the week he's about to become a millionaire, and become one of the very select few to play in the National Football League. That to me is not a behavior issue, that is a much deeper issue of stupidity. If you want to smoke tree, do your thing, I'm in no position to tell anyone how to live their life. Just don't be stupid enough to get busted with it, especially draft week.

Members online

Latest posts