Bears studs and Duds

Reaction score
Studs: Offensive Line, Jamaal Williams tenacity, Davante, Monty
Duds: Special Teams penalties and the K holder inconsistencies.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Studs: Williams, Evans, Monty, Davante, Perry, Ripkowski, Daniels.
Duds: Davis - WTF dude, field and return a punt from inside the end zone? TE's - can you say block let alone do it? Vogel's bad catch and place on the missed FG.
Better than expected: Capers called a game to stifle a rookie QB and it worked for once. MM loosened the reins a bit and Brett responded. Cobb running the read option and wildcat? CM3 always in the backfield.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: The turds who made the picks this week went with a Bears win to the tune of 90% on www.nflpickwatch.com

Who cares lol

Studs: Perry, King, House, Hundley (especially the TD throw), Williams running over people, O-line, Adams.

Duds: Vogel on hold, Randall Cobb in the backfield taking snaps, Davis unwisely taking a few returns out against his better judgement.

Last edited:

Simms87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Hundley
Whole rush defense
Adams
Jamaal Williams
Playcallers on both side of the ball - liked most of the calls today
Myself for finally seeing a Packers win live after travelling a gazillion miles from Switzerland to Wisconsin/Illinois. Saw two L before, when I came here 2 years ago and last week.

Duds:
Special Teams

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lots of guys were battling all day. And that's exactly what this team needs to do.
I wonder if some of the players were ticked off over that garbage that Bennett pulled, and decided there wasn't going to be any quit in them? Maybe it lit a little fire in the team.

Apparently hundley was playing with a hamstring injury, I am not sure when it happened but it could have something to do with why we didn’t see him on the run more
Might also be why he chose to fall onto his shoulder rather than slide in that long run toward the end of the game.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I'm going to call a dud on the Packers Defense. Why you ask? Simple. The held the Bears to 19 yards less than the the Packers. And held them to 16 points when the Bears average 16.7 points per game. For me that's not the defense stepping up. That's the defense playing down to the Bears. The only team the Packers play that score less points than the Bears the rest of the season is the Browns. And even they scored 24 on the Lions.

H

HardRightEdge

Williams showed much better patience than what we saw earlier in the year. I'd give a stud to Ben Sirmans for coaching him up. We knew Williams was a tough guy to tackle high who can get the fall forward yards. With better patience he's finding some bits of seam to plow through, and that was with Chicago playing a lot of 8 in the box.

That was 20 carries in the second half for Williams, knocking guys down right to the end.

Speilman is corrent. If anybody gets a game ball it should be Williams.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

MM for finally putting some trust in Hundley.
I didn't see where he asked Hundley to do anything in this game he didn't ask him to do against Detroit. The execution was better and that had a lot to do with better O-Line play.

Darryl Tincknell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Packers backs- Rip, Ty and Jamaal Wr- Davonte (other than that one drop) QB-Hundley-maybe not huge stats but improvement and made some big throws today along with his first win as a Packer!! OL played pretty well today in tough conditions against a tough DL.
DL played well again today-always hustling but boy did Lowry bite ******* the fake to Howard early in the game. Pass rush-finally had one today especially Perry

Duds-special teams-from the misplay on the snap to Davis catching a punt in the end zone and taking it out DB-Davon House-has anyone else realized how bad this guy is playing? Bellamy went by him like he was standing still and they were obviously targeting him...Thank God the bear receivers are so mediocre
And I hate to admit it because I really like the kid and think he will be very good someday but Josh Jones needs to wrap up a little more instead of going for the blow up on every tackle
...and this has nothing to do with the GB game but my Sunday dud is Cris Collinsworth..during the NE-Denver game he was absolutely insufferable even more than usual

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we win our next two games gives us a chance to have Rodgers comes back hopefully the Vikings can choke a couple too

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We won, ill take the W every time pretty or ugly. However, they've gotta do something about the snapper/holder because that could easily cost them a game down the road. Also flirt with the ideal of moving Matthews back to the middle and letting Biegel and Brooks share time on the outside because Clay Matthews isn't a top olb anymore, and it may benefit him rushing the QB from up
The middle.

H

HardRightEdge

We won, ill take the W every time pretty or ugly. However, they've gotta do something about the snapper/holder because that could easily cost them a game down the road. Also flirt with the ideal of moving Matthews back to the middle and letting Biegel and Brooks share time on the outside because Clay Matthews isn't a top olb anymore, and it may benefit him rushing the QB from up
The middle.
They ran a couple of pass rush sets against the Bears with Perry and Brooks on the edge, Daniels as the single down lineman, and Matthews standing up inside. It looked pretty decent.

It has to be selective because you can run against it, but at least it puts in the game the 4 best pass rushers on the roster.

I just don't think Matthews in the middle as a staple will work. It didn't before and there's little reason to think it would now. He's a back side run defender, not a guy to take on runners in the hole. In coverage, he doesn't run that 4.58 pro day number anymore.

I don't see a way around the Martinez/Ryan base run sell-out or the Martinez/Burnett or Martinez/Jones combo to add a speed guy for nickel/dime.

Last edited by a moderator:

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Studs
Daniels. On one play I recall, Daniels was chasing the Bears QB in the backfield, then after the short pass, pursued the play and eventually helped out on the tackle downfield. Are you kidding me?
Bennett. For not being here any more. Cya, loser!

Duds
Coach Fox. Ok, this isn't a Dud for the Packers, but Fox just took the trophy away from McCarthy for the worst challenge-caller-ever. First off, it would have been first down on the 6 inch mark. Line up and run the damned ball in. But, nooooo! Fox pulls a McCarthy and throws the red flag. LOL! Gotta love those Bears. Must suck being a fan.
Pass defense. Continues to be horrible. Thank goodness that Trubisky missed a bunch of throws and is still a rookie.

A win is a win. I'll take it.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Daniels. On one play I recall, Daniels was chasing the Bears QB in the backfield, then after the short pass, pursued the play and eventually helped out on the tackle downfield. Are you kidding me?
Bennett. For not being here any more. Cya, loser!

Duds
Coach Fox. Ok, this isn't a Dud for the Packers, but Fox just took the trophy away from McCarthy for the worst challenge-caller-ever. First off, it would have been first down on the 6 inch mark. Line up and run the damned ball in. But, nooooo! Fox pulls a McCarthy and throws the red flag. LOL! Gotta love those Bears. Must suck being a fan.
Pass defense. Continues to be horrible. Thank goodness that Trubisky missed a bunch of throws and is still a rookie.

A win is a win. I'll take it.

I'm a bit curious, if Fox hasn't challenged, if MM would have noticed what happened at the end of the play and had the presence of mind to throw a flag of his own before the next snap.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a bit curious, if Fox hasn't challenged, if MM would have noticed what happened at the end of the play and had the presence of mind to throw a flag of his own before the next snap.
I guess we'll never know, but I did not notice it until the replay. I thought it was a TD. Then they showed the replay and I saw it immediately. I thought we called the challenge actually. My kids were so loud I didn't even have tv volume on. My brother texted me and said it was the Bears that challenged and I was like, ouch, what a kick in the nuts that challenge was :)

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I guess we'll never know, but I did not notice it until the replay. I thought it was a TD. Then they showed the replay and I saw it immediately. I thought we called the challenge actually. My kids were so loud I didn't even have tv volume on. My brother texted me and said it was the Bears that challenged and I was like, ouch, what a kick in the nuts that challenge was :)
Caught a huge break on that play. Maybe it's just meant to be for the Packers to keep its heads above water and then make a run when we return to full strength. :cool:

Very winnable game this Sunday.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I thought the fact that the Bears did not lose a timeout kind of added to the hilarity.

"Here's the good news, guys. You 'won' the challenge, it was not the correct call on the field." :roflmao:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Was it just me or did it look like the player stepped out of bounds before reaching for the pylon and fumbling? I was totally convinced the Bears would lose that challenge, but thought he would be ruled out of bounds, Bears Ball.

Worked out just fine! I'll take it.

Ron Zook has to be wondering if his job is in jeopardy. Our special teams looks anything but special. How many penalties did we have on returns?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was it just me or did it look like the player stepped out of bounds before reaching for the pylon and fumbling? I was totally convinced the Bears would lose that challenge, but thought he would be ruled out of bounds, Bears Ball.

Worked out just fine! I'll take it.

Ron Zook has to be wondering if his job is in jeopardy. Our special teams looks anything but special. How many penalties did we have on returns?

The botched FG hold on the last drive was a big one, too. Can't happen, especially with the game on the line.

I'm getting a little fed up with the football IQ of Trevor Davis as well. Fielding a punt in the end zone is beyond inexcusable.

Not a good day at all for the ST units.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm getting a little fed up with the football IQ of Trevor Davis as well. Fielding a punt in the end zone is beyond inexcusable.
IMO MM is giving him the time to learn on the job. If or when the playoffs become a realistic opportunity, expect Cobb or Jordy to be back there.

I noticed on a Packer punt that Monty is the personal protector for Vogel. Any chance of a direct snap on 4th and short near midfield late in a must win game?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO MM is giving him the time to learn on the job. If or when the playoffs become a realistic opportunity, expect Cobb or Jordy to be back there.

I noticed on a Packer punt that Monty is the personal protector for Vogel. Any chance of a direct snap on 4th and short near midfield late in a must win game?

I understand that, and accept it to some extent -- Davis does have some nice physical skills for the position. But just like a guy on returns who keeps coughing it up, eventually you have to draw the line somewhere.

Frankly, illegal blocks in the back have become so frequently called on punt returns that I'm getting to the point where I wonder if you wouldn't be better off just telling everyone not to touch anyone and calling for a fair catch every time.

Anyway, Zook has got to clean it up. Wins are going to be hard enough to come by without Rodgers, we can ill afford to give any away on special teams.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts