Bates as Coordinator

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From PackersNews.com
Teams likely to seek Bates as Coordinator

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

By Pete Dougherty
PackersNews.com

If coach Mike Sherman changes defensive coordinators for a second straight year, there

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hope that they go after him,sounds like what the team needs. I but alot of teams would want him,so if they want him they better move fast. Thanks IPB another great story!!

ldlehrer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bates as the Packers new defensive cordinator.

If Bates is available the Packers need to step up and hire him as the Packers new defensive cordinator. The Packers defense is one of the worst in the NFL. I think Bates is one of the better defensive cordinators and I think he will be able to dramatically improve the Packers defense. I suspect he will be an expensive hire. Coach's salaries do not count against the salary cap.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could be -- this article is (so far) the only one I've found that discusses the option or possibility. Certainly, the Pack would like to get a good defensive mind like that of Fritz Shurmur... but they are rare.

Hopefully, after 11am today, we'll know more about what Ted Thompson has in mind.

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He (Bates) had much better personnel than the Packers — from 2000 to 2003, the Dolphins had seven different players go to the Pro Bowl —

This is no small point. Far too many fans here and on other sites seem to think a coach can do it all. It just isn't so; a good team has talented players not average players.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know much about Bates because I don't follow the Dolphins much, but almost anyone has to be an improvement over Slowik.

I don't think I'd promote Duffner either. I thought our LBs played soft and out of position too often.

I'd like to see them go after Eric Mangini of the Patriots. I wanted him last year. The way his secondary shut down the Colts without Ty Law was impressive.

Gbrown9361

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The pack has a long offseason ahead of them. I really hope and pray that they fire Slowik. I wasn't real high on firing Ed Donatell in the first place, at least his bend but don't break defense kept us in games. Granted those teams weren't the greatest defensivly but at least you didn't go into every game thinking you needed 35 to win. In my opinion we fired a guy who couldn't make the stop on 4th and 26 and hired someone who can never get the other team there.

Gbrown9361

Cheesehead
Reaction score
O yeah and to that guy who made that slight suggestion about firing mike sherman, pull your head out of your ****** area. Mike Sherman is a good coach and has benn nothing but good to the packers.

Members online

Latest posts