Bart Starr suffered mild stroke last week

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Bart Starr is one of my all time favorite players. I wish him well. I know he is getting up there in age and news like this does not surprise me. He is the one Packer whose Jersey I would buy and wear without hesitating. IF I bought jerseys.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Bart Starr is one of my all time favorite players. I wish him well. I know he is getting up there in age and news like this does not surprise me. He is the one Packer whose Jersey I would buy and wear without hesitating. IF I bought jerseys.

Couldn`t have said it better if I`d tried.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thoughts and prayers with the family. Not only is he the ideal Packer from a historical standpoint, he is also a great person who is very charitable. My dad's favorite Packer, and one of the reasons he is a fan to this day.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It read that he was in his office.
I wonder what he needs an office for?
Like what does he do and what does he do for money?
Just curious ya know.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

It read that he was in his office.
I wonder what he needs an office for?
Like what does he do and what does he do for money?
Just curious ya know.

He's semi-retired and works short- to medium-length days five days a week at his office in the building that houses his son's investment firm.

Much of his work consists of signing pictures and memorabilia for charities.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Yeah, I just heard this. Feels like it happened to a member of my immediate family.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Bart Starr is my all time favorite Packer. May the love of the world keep him safe.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd buy Nitschke or Hornung's as well as Starr, if I bought and wore jerseys.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Starr was a fantastic football player – the best QB to ever play IMO – and he’s even a better human being. We can never fully know public figures; even so Starr has exuded class and grace under pressure from the time he became a public figure to today.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Bart spends a lot of time with his charity Rawhide, which he and his wife established in 1965. If anyone is looking for a good charity worth a donation, this is it. Starr is everything a sports figure should be; someone anyone can use as a role model. I hope he's got many more years of life to enjoy.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
If all NFL players acted like Bart Starr off the field, the NFL would not need part of the CBA rules to cover discipline.

Hincha

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bart Starr was great individual on the field and off the field. I grew up after the Lombardi years, my memories of Bart Starr are as the coach of the Packers and watching the Bart Starr Show on television (think it was Monday Nights (but was many years ago so maybe I have the night wrong).

He is a real class act, we need more Bart Starr´s in the world.

Staff online

Latest posts