Barnett finally playing like a probowler

magic_8ball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nick Barnett has been on the verge of turning the corner of his career, the last couple of years he has been a solid MLB but he lacked the big play ability to group him with the best in the league. he always used to get his tackles but the were always 4 yards down field on 3rd and 3. Not this year, Barnett has been a leader and with his game changing play has crossed over into that category of elite MLBs. He has made is presence felt when the team needed it most, with 2 big intercepts and some big 3rd down tackles to get the D off the field. I think this is the year he makes the probowl. So kudos to Nick and here's to more of the same the rest of the year.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think hes taking the hype given to Hawk to heart and playing lights out since then.

hes making the big plays now that seperated him from Urlacher and the like.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nick Barnett is a great player taking complete advantage of a scheme that allows him to do what he does as long as the guys in front of him do their part.

This part of our defense where the interior linemen occupy and the MLB finishes is the best funtioning part of a well functioning unit.

Whenever you see no surge by the "0" line and our interior "D" linemen stand their guy up you then see Barnett swooping in for the kill shot.

To the credit of Barnett and Co. they are performing the scheme to perfection in there.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have always thought that Barnett has been good, ever sense his rookie year. He has a lot better players around him, its taking pressure off him and thats why he is shinning. IMO

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barnett is a monster so far this year. He's hitting hard and wrapping up, making picks, reading the O... it's so much fun to watch. I'm glad I got to chat to him a bit at Packers Fan Fest this year. Definitely one of my favorite players.

SAMURAI!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's having a better year than Urlacher so far so yeah he's playing like a Pro Bowler. Barnett needs to be a consistent player and if so he should make his first Pro Bowl.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
This is what I was trying to say about Hawk last week, no game changing plays so far. Barnett better make the pro bowl if he plays like this all year.

Or it will be another reason to hate Urlacher..

Members online

Latest posts