Barbre not expected to make final roster

packerpower

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice move, Ted. What a failure. This team goes nowhere until we get a GM who has a CLUE!!!

Green Bay Packers : Rotoworld.com - Green Bay Packers News from Rotoworld.com

Packers OL Allen Barbre is not expected to make the final roster this year.

Barbre, a 2007 fourth-round pick, flopped badly when asked to start the first seven games of last season at right tackle. He has rare athleticism, but it apparently doesn't translate to the field. Zone-blocking clubs like the Redskins, Texans, Raiders, and Seahawks will have interest if he's cut.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
So, he cuts a bad player, and all of a sudden we need a new GM? Barbre was a 4th round pick, those are hardly sure things.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THANK GOD! He'll a guard for one of those teams listed above. Barbre was one of TT's bad moves but he's made plenty of other good ones.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you just need to admit you're going to hate TT regardless of what he does and move on. No GM ever hits 100% on their draft picks. It's impossible.

OP
OP
packerpower

packerpower

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you just need to admit you're going to hate TT regardless of what he does and move on. No GM ever hits 100% on their draft picks. It's impossible.

I hate on guys who suck. TT sucks. He's what's holding our team back.

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barbre perfected the "look out block"...at the snap of the ball, his man would run by him and he would turn around and yell "Look out!"

I don't know about trading him, he can play 3 positions. He can play end, guard & tackle.

Really.

He can sit at the end of the bench, guard the water bucket and tackle anyone who tries to get near it....( hey, Jarrett Bush can only play end & guard.....)

A1MEANGREEN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh yeah the look out block. sure enough. been awhile since i heard that.as for t.t. either you like him or you dont but what hes doing is what he thinks is best for the team. as for me i like him when he does good but dont when he screws up. but to me hes done more good then bad

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT is a jekly and hyde GM. For every good move he makes, he makes another that is equally questionable. So for me as long as we're winning I don't really care who is running this team. As long as we are in the running for a title TT is good enough for me.

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is no surprise. I dont see what this has to do with TT though. Barbre was a 4th rd pick in 07. He was a bust, but so was alot of other players drafted, Meredith, Harrell etc. This happens with every team, you get 10 picks and only maybe 2 per class have any impact at all... TT has nothing to do with it. Plain and simple the guy cant cut it in GB.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is no surprise. I dont see what this has to do with TT though. Barbre was a 4th rd pick in 07. He was a bust, but so was alot of other players drafted, Meredith, Harrell etc. This happens with every team, you get 10 picks and only maybe 2 per class have any impact at all... TT has nothing to do with it. Plain and simple the guy cant cut it in GB.
2 picks per draft, unless they're stars, is a bad math.

4 picks that can either start or contribute is a good draft. Anything beyond that is great.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just trying to make a point. I wasnt sure the exact numbers or probability.
All of that is in my opinion.

I was reading an article about our 2004 draft.

TERRIBLE draft, everyone agrees (Carroll, B.J. Sanders to name a few). But in that draft we got Scott Wells and Corey Williams, both eventually were starters for our team and contributed very well.

2 picks that panned out, but it's unanimous that it was a terrible draft.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
I believe Ron Wolf used to say that he considered a draft good if he was able to get 3 starters out of it. And I don't think he meant "de facto" starters who play only because someone has to, but honest to goodness, quality players.

every1else

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If there was ever a draft by any team where all 7 players became starters I would be in disbelief. The only possible way that could happen is luck, no one can be that good at judging potential.
That being said Barbre will not be missed by me. Though I think we should also get rid of Breno or at least be able to get some idea of what he can do.
Right now I would rather keep Barbre then Breno, at least Barbre has some starting experience.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If there was ever a draft by any team where all 7 players became starters I would be in disbelief. The only possible way that could happen is luck, no one can be that good at judging potential.
That being said Barbre will not be missed by me. Though I think we should also get rid of Breno or at least be able to get some idea of what he can do.
Right now I would rather keep Barbre then Breno, at least Barbre has some starting experience.

I believe that Bill Parcells is a guru when it comes to finding talent. Take a look at the Dallas Cowboys' picks in the 2005 draft: 2005 NFL Draft

While his compensatory picks turned out to be nothing special, Parcells hit on all 6 of his regular picks. All of them have been starters and are still starters to this very day. Burnett is no longer with the Cowboys but he started for them up till 2008 and is still starting with the Chargers. If you include the LS that Parcells picked up as an undrafted FA that makes 7.

OP
OP
packerpower

packerpower

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some pretty clueless opinions in this thread. Did you guys even watch more than 1/2 our games last season??? :icon_eek:

every1else

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in CT so I actually did miss about half the games.

What does that have to do with this?

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
Some pretty clueless opinions in this thread. Did you guys even watch more than 1/2 our games last season??? :icon_eek:

I stopped paying attention to your yammering a while ago. What was your point again? I forgot... If I want to attempt to refute your claim that I have a clueless take I guess I should ask what you believe I am clueless about. Please do refresh my memory with what your take was and also, please add my name to the distribution list for your newsletter.

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts