Assistant Coach Tracker

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If Grizzi, a guy who happened to be on staff already, was Petals' favorite option to be the new man in charge, that's fine. There's no reason he can't be the man for the gig just because he's been here already. But keeping Lovatt is what I don't get. In any situation, promoting a new boss but keeping the old one around seems like a recipe for divided loyalties and conflict.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One statement that frequently gets thrown-out is that GB is one of the most-injured teams year after year and that Strength/Conditioning is at fault. This doesn't include 2018 but still appropriate for debunking that saying. https://onmilwaukee.com/sports/articles/are-packers-an-injury-prone-team.html

I'm guessing because there are usually hamstring strains/injuries every training camp?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not even sure how much they have to do with it anyway. All these guys have their own trainers too. Their own diets, etc. Sure some get it right from the team, some don't, who's to blame for which player? If they show up and get hurt right away in Training camp, who's at fault? anybody?

and if they are hurt, it's the training staff that is seeing them thru and even then they get outside care too. So really, now much influence does our strength and conditioning staff have over injuries? I don't know

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly. My first thought was that there must be slim pickins out there. Not crazy about it, but maybe the 'youngster' has some new ideas or motivators.

D

Deleted member 6794

Kind of a head scratcher. Lovat must have some pretty deep ties with Green Bay. Gizzi was promoted? Where was he before? So we have the same conditioning staff?

Gizzi was a strength and conditioning assistant over the past five seasons. His primary duties included designing, organizing and implementing strength and conditioning programs as well as speed and agility sessions, and providing recovery strategies and workload-management guidance.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched the press conferences yesterday. I am impressed with Mennenga. I like his personality. I think he can help the ST.

In listening to LaFleur, I'm glad that he is humble enough to listen to others' ideas, but I hope he is assertive enough to make his decisions and not let people walk on him.

It's really hard to tell from a press conference what someone is actually like. It will be interesting moving forward to see how his personality affects the team.

Reaction score
The Packers have promoted Chris Gizzi to strength & conditioning coordinator and retained Mark Lovat, Thadeus Jackson and Grant Thorne as strength & conditioning assistants
Holy Gizzi. Granted he’s been a Thorne on our side, but when I heard we’re keeping Jackson? You just gotta Lovat :tup:

Last edited:

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched the press conferences yesterday.
In listening to LaFleur, I'm glad that he is humble enough to listen to others' ideas, but I hope he is assertive enough to make his decisions and not let people walk on him.
It's really hard to tell from a press conference what someone is actually like. It will be interesting moving forward to see how his personality affects the team.
MLF's eyebrows are distracting. they seem pasted on lol.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Yeah, but is it any different from keeping TT around?

I think so, as TT's case is one in which I don't think he has the capacity to try and remain the boss.

I say this in all respect to him-- my sense is that he is losing his faculties prematurely.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's he feeling I was getting too. and he was going to be paid anyway, he had a contract. No reason to "fire" him. and he's not and 1265, he was at home in TX.

H

HardRightEdge

Do any of the 3 special teams coaches have any experience coaching place kickers and/or punters?

It would be nice to have when something goes wrong. Most ST coaches do not which is something of a blind spot given how critical those roles are in ST. Scott is not a finished product and we may be looking at rookie place kicker(s) in camp to replace Crosby.

H

HardRightEdge

That's he feeling I was getting too. and he was going to be paid anyway, he had a contract. No reason to "fire" him. and he's not and 1265, he was at home in TX.
Right. I don't think was any intention to have Thompson pulling strings behind the scenes, whether in full command of faculties or not. "Scout emeritus" was his role. You have to look no further than free agency last year to see the pivot.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I should say I bounce between that scenario and one where Ted realized it was a time for transition in the team. The QB, the man was going to need to be retained, a new team built around him etc. his last run had fizzled and he knew it was time to step aside and did.

I know a lot of people don't like him for whatever reason, but i've never felt he had anything other than GB football on his mind here and was fine moving into a lesser role, even if only in title. He wasn't going to go elsewhere at this point in his career.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're gonna run the ball a lot.

Want to lengthen Rodgers career? This is how you do it.
i'll believe it when i see it. yeah we'll run on first down as usual, get stuffed because they know what's coming. it depends on effectiveness, score, situation, injuries, etc, as usual. if they're playing from behind you know it'll be business as usual. our running backs are good enough but it'll take better line play (as does everything). rodgers playing from under center more will help as it will make things a lot less predictable. it's going to be interesting.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I should say I bounce between that scenario and one where Ted realized it was a time for transition in the team. The QB, the man was going to need to be retained, a new team built around him etc. his last run had fizzled and he knew it was time to step aside and did.

I know a lot of people don't like him for whatever reason, but i've never felt he had anything other than GB football on his mind here and was fine moving into a lesser role, even if only in title. He wasn't going to go elsewhere at this point in his career.
i don't think he has any roll there now...other than sentimental and answering the polite "what do you think Ted?" question from Gute now and then to make him feel good.

H

HardRightEdge

I know a lot of people don't like [Thompson] for whatever reason....
"Whatever reason"? How about he lost his personnel mojo, stringing together mediocre-to-poor drafts over several years? There should be little doubt Murphy concluded the Packers simply could not continue down this path in the same way as with McCarthy.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Whatever reason"? How about he lost his personnel mojo, stringing together mediocre-to-poor drafts over several years? There should be little doubt Murphy concluded the Packers simply could not continue down this path in the same way as with McCarthy.
Oh is that it? Lol

I was more getting at the personal venom a few seem tobhave for the man that wasn’t as good at the end as he was for much of his career. And as it stands, just a few short seasons ago he once again assembled a team for a super bowl run.

And yes, I fully realize it’s a what have you done for me lately and lately it wasn’t that good

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts