As long as we're making predictions.....how will the NFC North finish up next year?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not unreasonable to think they may have a couple more wins the way Favre was playing.

That's not the problem. It's not that they can't go 8-8, because they can.

What was the problem is that Vikeman laughed at the possibility of the team going 1 win less than the previous season, with a lot of issues for next year.

I think it's hard to argue this is a rebuilding year for you guys, and without any offseason, it'll be a struggling year.

I do agree the aging RB is ludicrous. And the DL is far from your problems (though losing Ray Edwards is)

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
That's not the problem. It's not that they can't go 8-8, because they can.

What was the problem is that Vikeman laughed at the possibility of the team going 1 win less than the previous season, with a lot of issues for next year.

I think it's hard to argue this is a rebuilding year for you guys, and without any offseason, it'll be a struggling year.

I do agree the aging RB is ludicrous. And the DL is far from your problems (though losing Ray Edwards is)
Edwards is more of a product of the line. He will get big money to go elsewhere and in two years people will be saying that they overpaid for him. Robison will step in and I doubt you will see any drop off at that position. The only one you might see some drop off would be P. Williams slot. But he only played about 1/3 of the snaps last year, with and injured tricep no less, so I don't see to much drop off there either. But we shall see.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Edwards is more of a product of the line. He will get big money to go elsewhere and in two years people will be saying that they overpaid for him. Robison will step in and I doubt you will see any drop off at that position. The only one you might see some drop off would be P. Williams slot. But he only played about 1/3 of the snaps last year, with and injured tricep no less, so I don't see to much drop off there either. But we shall see.

Maybe so, not what I saw when we played you, specially the first game though.

But you do follow them closely than I do.

The one I was really surprised to see a dropoff was K. Williams. He was CLEARLY the best DT in football 2 years ago. It's not that he played badly, but he wasn't as dominant as he was...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions are the hardest to predict because I have no idea what will happen at QB. If they have Stafford play all season and progress they could win 9 or 10 games. if Stafford gets hurt again and they rotate QBs I expect 6 wins.

Bears I see not being as bad as everyone expects but struggling with the same issues they had last season. 8 wins

Pack - 12 wins

Vikings will struggle with a rookie QB but put together 7 wins.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last thing I want to any of the teams we play in the north to do anything but average. Try and avoid those franchise changing high draft picks.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB: 13-3
DET: 10-6
CHI: 8-8
MIN: 6-10

Green Bay's getting all their starters back, along with the likes of Alex Greene and Randall Cobb, along with Derek Sherrod helping with the O-line, which has been a problem with the Packers for quite some time. They should be hard to beat this year.

Detroit's defense, preferably the D-line has gotten from scary to downright frightening with the addition of Nick Fairley to a team already with a great pass rusher in Suh. The only thing truly holding them back is their offense, considering their fragile QB.

Chicago had one of those years where they became really good (11-5 in 2010, 13-3 in 2006, 13-3 in 2001, mediocre seasons in between), so it's likely they'll go down to earth this year. They still have the likes of Julius Peppers and Brian Urlacher, though, and they always play the Pack hard, so I'm not underestimating them.

Minnesota just came off a tough and disasterous season, and I believe that it's going to spill over to the 2011 season. The only thing I'm really afraid of on this team is AP and Jared Allen. Christian Ponder's going to have a tough time adjusting to the offense, considering he's in a division with some of the toughest defenses.

sirlancealot4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers: 13-3 w/ losses to Detroit, TB at home, and SD away.
Det: 9-7 Assuming Stafford can stay healthy, their secondary and running game will be the main difference
Chi: 7-9 Cutler is too inconsistent to count on. their defense is getting old
Vikings: 5-11 Back to square one with their QB situation.

We have a few games (Phi, NO, Atl) that are gonna be really close next year. Hopefully we can be on the other side of close games this year unlike last year with all 5 losses by 4pts or less

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB: 12-4
DET: 9-7
CHI:9-7
MIN: 6-10
just a shot in the dark at this point but hey the lockout may be over soon:viksux::chisux::detsux:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
It's too early to make predictions, I'd like to wait for the draft first.
I'm not playing this one as it was bumped from last summer. Most players got the order correct but undervalued the Packers and overrated the Minnesota team.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dammit, how did I not get my predictions in here?

I had the order right 1-4, but can't remember what I had for win totals.
I think us 12-4 and Detroit 10-6.
I thought the Bears would fall back, but they were on a roll at 7-3 before Cutler got hurt.

I thought the Vikings would be horrible as I remember their defense was just horrible coming down the stretch in 2010.

Without Adrian Peterson next year, I see them winning no more than 3 games next year, and they could threaten the 2008 Lions who went 0-16.

But Jared Allen will still get a lot of sacks.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I think people were giving them the benefit of the doubt. I did not think they would do well, but hoped they wouldn't get a top 10 draft pick.

I would have expected them to be 8-8 at best, because the washed up quarterback curse in Minnesota. That's why I had expectations for them. I expected more from McNabb cause the past has shown what washed up QB's do there (Favre, Cunnigham)

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see how Chicago is next year with a new GM and Offensive Coordinator. I think the only reason Lovie is still there is because he has a year left on his contract.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Congrats to the posters that predicted the Packer's NFCN sweep. Impressive.

Something tells me that Vikeman will quietly delete his bookmark of this thread. lol... wow. :laugh:
I don't. I think he bookmarked it for the statement that they wouldn't win anything for the next 5 years.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts