1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

are you known for being a big packers fan???

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by JoshTheChild, Jan 28, 2008.

1. rundemc

rundemc Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    most packer fans i know ( and i lived in De Pere) during the 80s early 90s were wearing 49er zoobas back then but after favre got there and they got to the playoffs became die hard fans so lets be honest about when u became a die hard fan was it really pre favre era? im not a packer fan but my parents are and they were there in the 80s during forest gregg and randy wright buying season tickets through a guy from work after favres second season the guys son who was about 30 at the time decided he was a "die hard fan" so no more tickets for my parents. so if u were there when micheal haddix was their leading rusher with about 300 yards for the year then u can call yourself a die hard

2. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    good point man

3. DGB454

DGB454 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I don't agree with this. I have been a Packer fan since Starr. Die hard fan through all those years though? Maybe and maybe not. For a while life got into the way and keeping up with the Packers was hard to do. This didn't diminish my love for the team and my hopes for their success. I rooted for them every game even though I couldn't see many of them. Working 12 hours a day and 7 days a week tends to drain your interest in a lot of outside activities. Also some people never got into football until the last few years due to their age or other interest. What makes them a diehard Packer fan their love for the Packers. The future will tell if they are long term die hard fans. Will they stick with them even when they hit their slumps in the future? Remember....a lot of Packer fans are below the age of 20. They don't know anything else besides Favre and the Packers.

4. rundemc

rundemc Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    well maybe that doesnt apply to u then but in the 80s i remember quite a few men not boys or little children out in their 49er zoobas and Jerry Rice jerseys who are now die hard packer fans, im sure its that way with a lot of teams but u go to a game on sunday and alot of people there got on the bandwagon during during favres 2nd season, people who would see the news maybe watch half of a game if nothing else was on during the forrest gregg/lindy infante era to catch the score and now watch every game religously and have a small brett favre schrine in their home and wear a foam cheesehead every where the go claiming to big the biggest packer fan around. they can name bart starr and brett favre but cant fill in the gap between the 2

5. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with you bro, I WAS one of those boys. I used to love the 49ers team how could you not? they were not my favorite team, but sure I had a jerry rice jersey. Also remember all those chicago bulls fans? where are they now? I am only 22 years old and I chose the pack as my team when the oilers left houston. I became a Die hard packers fan from that point forward

6. rundemc

rundemc Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    the was a good niners team in the 80s that was crap when the oilers left houston

7. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ya I am still sad about that, but then I prolly never would of became a packers fan and I love being that. I am a hometown guy for the most part. the packers are the only team in any sport that I like over my home team ( texans)

8. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    the texans are like a stepson to alot of houstonians. You love em but not like your real son. I just wish bud adams wasn't such an A s s and let us keep our Oilers name

9. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Haddix came 24 years AFTER i bacame a "die hard" Packer fan. I had a 1966 Packer pennant on my wall from 1966 till i got married in 1981. I still have it soemwhere. Back then, you couldn't FIND Packer stuff in the stores. You had to SEARCH for whatever little thing you could find. I still have the ticket stub from my first Packer game, which was preseason in 1970.
    Believe me, i was made fun of for being loyal to the Packers all through the 1970's and 80's. I sat by the TV every Sunday, cheering them on, no matter WHAT their won-loss record was. Guess i was a glutton for punishment.

10. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    That must really make you appreciate seasons like the one we just had. I know I appreciate it! And I haven't been a fan as long as you so I have been spoiled.

11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Oh Midwest......you have NO idea! That IS what makes losing the NFC championship easier to swallow. I remember back in 1993 when we FINALLY made it back to the playoffs, and beat the Lions in Detroit. I was so happy just to see us back in the playoffs, and actually getting a win that i didn't even CARE what happened after that. When you live through a drought like i did, a trickle of water makes you jump for joy! So being in the playoffs 11 of the last 15 years makes me want to pinch myself to see if i'm awake!

12. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You're not the only one, my friend.

The thing is with me, I'm too young to remember what a good team was. I thought 7-7 (and later 8-8) was a good season.

13. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I was lucky........i was getting into football in 1965. Thus, i was aware of how big the first 2 super bows were. But 20 years of nothing made me apprecite the wins SO much more!

14. skibum55

skibum55 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Also, Cheesey, don't forget some of the more famous (or was that lame-brained??) trades we made to try and improve:

Let's hear it for John Hadl (and the six or seven draft picks we gave up for him).

<== sarcasm ends here!! :pop: :shock: :wink:

15. flep

flep Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Everyone I know, knows I eat, sleep and breathe Packers, from family to friends to work colleagues.

16. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm glad I'm too young to remember that. He was the QB who was playing the first time I ever watched the Packers, but I didn't know who any of the players were. I just remember rooting for Green and Gold to get a touchdown (which rarely happened).