are you known for being a big packers fan???

JoshTheChild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am pretty well known for being a big fan of them. People at my university call me G-pack hell even people I don't even know call me that! and my fiance says that she feels like all we ever talk about is the packers lol. How diehard are you?

Toddy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm the only one who follows American Football at school. So that's one of the things I'm known for. It is all I ever talk about!

joym13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh yeah! Among our friends I am known as the chick who knows about football :) Most of the other wives don't care that much - they follow the Packers and want them to win, but don't really care for football as a sport. Now when we travel and I start talking football - people really look at me like I have two head :lol:

OP
OP
J

JoshTheChild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
man I have never even been to green bay, but My fiance has already given me permission to fly down to green bay for the family fun night! I am checking everyday to see when it will be. If anybody knows when it might be let me know please! the only way I cannot go is if it falls on my daughter's birthday. august 8th she will be one year old

OP
OP
J

JoshTheChild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know a few vikings fans here in houston, but not many.

My friends are for the most part all cowboys and texans fans. And broncos is the outsider. I am the only pack friend out of my friends

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know a few vikings fans here in houston, but not many.

My friends are for the most part all cowboys and texans fans. And broncos is the outsider. I am the only pack friend out of my friends

Same here, I know some but there not really friends. I have several friends who are Viking fans, one who is a Patriot fan, a few Bronco fans, and one Jet fan.

BlueMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll put it this way.

Tonight I went to visitation services for a friend who just lost his father.

Before I had even had a chance to tell my friend that I was sorry about his dad, my friend said, "Man, sorry about your Packers."

That pretty much sums it up;).

TM

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers fans in the bay area are hard to come by. Everyone here is either 49er or Raiders fans. So, when you wear Green and Gold... you get noticed.

After the game... I had 14 missed calls, 4 messages, and 8 text messages. I'm THE Packers fan in my area, and believe me... everyone knows.

OP
OP
J

JoshTheChild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers fans in the bay area are hard to come by. Everyone here is either 49er or Raiders fans. So, when you wear Green and Gold... you get noticed.

After the game... I had 14 missed calls, 4 messages, and 8 text messages. I'm THE Packers fan in my area, and believe me... everyone knows.

it sounds like u are in my position. I had my phone turned off when we lost the nfc title game and my friends were like " man did u have ur phone off?" I said no lol. ya I bring attention on myself for sure. I have a ton of packer gear

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I live in the Green Bay area, Everyone is a Green Bay Packer fan,
There are Packer fans here in Green Bay that are older than I am and have memory of the late 1930's and early 40's, I have first memories of the Packers around the mid 1940's, but they are only memories as youngster growing up on the eastside of Green Bay near old wooden City Stadium .
City Stadium was the Packer's home stadium from 1925-1956, before they moved to Lambeau Field in 1957...

However I have studied the Packers history , since the Packer's founding in 1919. I keep up with everything that happens with the Green Bay Packers and NFL up to this date in 2008. I have a files on all articles concerning the Packers during the current "07 season & now in '08 for reference in a file in my computor room , plus books written about the Green Bay Packers & Packer related DVDs in my Library.

There is a Restaurant in Green Bay which I "hung out"for some years with some Packers fans older than ,I were also in the Restaurant . I only go there once and a while lately. When I go there now ,One of guys would say to me that there are discussions once & a while about Packer questions and the questions aren't resolved. Someone would say I wish Phil was here. He would have the answer.

I take that from my peers at the Restaurant to mean that I am knowledgeable Packer fan.

However, There are many, many big Packer fans in Green Bay, so it takes something special to be really noticed!!!

Some seek publicity such as the Packer fan who dresses in a costume and is known as St, Vincent. He is at all the Packer home games and some Packer events here in GB. That would have no appeal to me, and something I would want to do.

I rather be known for my knowledge about the Packers. and the team's history. I majored in History in College and carried that history interest into the history of my hometown, Green Bay Packers franchise.

Every Packer fan is an individual and shows their loyality for their team in a different way.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
man I have never even been to green bay, but My fiance has already given me permission to fly down to green bay for the family fun night! I am checking everyday to see when it will be. If anybody knows when it might be let me know please! the only way I cannot go is if it falls on my daughter's birthday. august 8th she will be one year old
August 8th is my wedding anniversary date! I THINK they have family night on a Saturday, so it MIGHT be the 9th. But i'm not certain on that. We will have to keep an eye on the Packers site for when they announce it.

On my wedding night, I and my best man went to my hotel room, took off our tuxedos, and watched the Packers beat Dallas in a pre season game!
Then on my second anniversary, i and my wife were heading up north for the weekend (which we HAD to pass through Green Bay of course) and the Browns were playing the Packers. She said "Why don't you see if you can get tickets." I was like "Are you kidding? On game day?" (Back then preseason games were not part of the season ticket package) and lo and behold, i got 2 tickets at the ticket window, so we spent 3 hours watching the Packers!
For our tenth anniversary, my wife asked me "What do you want for a 10th anniversary present?" And i said "A Packer tattoo!" (Which i got, of course!)
So.......you think i'm known for my Packer fanaticism??? MAYBE just a LITTLE!!! :lol:

TheStone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Around here in Germany, most people know that there IS
'some sport called American Football', but most of them compare
it to 'Rugby' and tell you that they've seen it ONCE and it was
just lots of people dressed like ancient knights chasing 'an egg'.
:roll:
You might see a guy on the street wearing a Raiders-jacket and when
you ask him, if he thinks that JaMarcus Russell will live up to the hype,
the following dialogue will almost certainly take place:
'Marcus, who??'
'Your rookie QB, stupid!'
'What's a QB??'
'Good bye!'
(Just an excample!! Not that i talk to every Raiders-Fan I meet...... :wink: )

Anyway, everyone of my family and friends knows I'm a Packer Fan.
Some call me 'insane', some think I'm funny. I can't stop talking about Football and the Packers. Talking Football around here is hard, because
most people don't care. If they care, because they like talking to you, you have to explain what football is all about. Five minutes later
THEY DON'T CARE!!! :-? ....and next time they won't ask again!! :)

That is how missionaries in the Middle Ages must have felt.
At least nobody ever tried to burn me. :wink: :noflame:

But I'm seeing progress: until last year I was just 'The Football Freak' but now I'm successfully infecting my buddies with the disease. This season we watched 4 games together, including the two playoff-matches.
Loosing is tough, but it's even tougher when you watch a game with kickoff-time around 5:45 CT in Germany, which means +7h.
The game-loosing kick happend around 4:20 a.m. in Europe........ and all of us had to get up for work at 7:00 a.m. No time shift there!!

But you know that your wife loves you, when you (almost did not) wake up after two hours of sleep, you display all the discomfort and sadness that goes along with it and all she does is hug and kiss you instead of calling you a stupid fool. :)

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I first met my fiancee, she had no idea of how big of a fan I was. Then I showed her my room which had countless Packer Report Posters on the walls, assorted Green Bay Packer nicknacks everywhere and she said..."Wow."

9 years later, she's as obsessed as I am. Conversion complete.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wear my Packer gear everywhere year around.
My wife (who is also a huge Packer fan) sometimes complains that I don't wear anything else, but she's the one that keeps buying it for me.
As a consequence everywhere we go people talk to me about the Pack, mostly positive things, sometimes a gentle ribbing from Lion fans and some people get downright ugly, like when I wore a Packer shirt to a restaurant in downtown Minneapoilis.
We were in Jamaica a few years ago and I was wearing a Packer T-shirt when I heard someone hollar " hey Packer fan, where ya from", I yelled back Ishpeming Michigan. It turned out they were also Packer fans from the U.P. of Michigan.
No matter where I go in my Packer gear people want to Talk about the mighty Pack!

OP
OP
J

JoshTheChild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JoshTheChild said:
August 8th is my wedding anniversary date! I THINK they have family night on a Saturday, so it MIGHT be the 9th. But i'm not certain on that. We will have to keep an eye on the Packers site for when they announce it.

On my wedding night, I and my best man went to my hotel room, took off our tuxedos, and watched the Packers beat Dallas in a pre season game!
Then on my second anniversary, i and my wife were heading up north for the weekend (which we HAD to pass through Green Bay of course) and the Browns were playing the Packers. She said "Why don't you see if you can get tickets." I was like "Are you kidding? On game day?" (Back then preseason games were not part of the season ticket package) and lo and behold, i got 2 tickets at the ticket window, so we spent 3 hours watching the Packers!
For our tenth anniversary, my wife asked me "What do you want for a 10th anniversary present?" And i said "A Packer tattoo!" (Which i got, of course!)
So.......you think i'm known for my Packer fanaticism??? MAYBE just a LITTLE!!! :lol:

ya cheesey we will have to keep an eye out for it. if it is august 9th I can still go. I will just take a flight that morning if I have to

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
JoshTheChild said:

ya cheesey we will have to keep an eye out for it. if it is august 9th I can still go. I will just take a flight that morning if I have to

You have a very understanding woman, better hang on to that one.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had friends calling me before the NFC Championship game wishing the Pack luck and hoping they make it so I would be at their Super Bowl Party in my gear in full party mode. I had my ****head brother-in-law call me before overtime talking about how the fieldgoal kicker from New York should be fired. The man wants to have man-sex with the Manning boys. It actually pissed me off and I can't help but blame him for the loss as unreasonable as that sounds as it felt like he jinxed me. I was offered tonnes of "I'm sorry" after they lost, like someone died. Yeah I am a huge Cheesehead and my family is never without Christmas ideas as I have an ever growing list of Packer items that I want. I am still absolutely shocked nobody has bought me a Cheesehead; it's probably because you can't find them in the stores here in Canada. It should be my next online purchase if someone doesn't beat me to it.

OP
OP
J

JoshTheChild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ya I don't own a cheese head either, but I never really thought about owning one. I like my fitted hats and beanies just fine

Members online

Latest posts