Are Packers fans overconfident? Or not confident enough?

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Over the last few days I have read many different people's views on this game. Some people are saying that Packers fans and even some analysts are riding the Packers to much. Others are saying the Packers defense will be just too much for the Bears to handle. Both sides making interesting points but here is my take on the game.

The Packers are the 2nd best team in the NFL when it comes to points per game allowed. The Packers have played 2 out of the other 3 teams left in there respective conferences. The Bears twice and the Jets once. In the first meeting the Packers allowed 20 points at Soldier Field. I will give the Packers a break since it was the first game of the season. Having not played a game since January it was actually a pretty strong defensive effort. The next team is the Jets. In the mid-season match up between the Packers and Jets, the Packers allowed zero points. That Jets did not live up to expectations but hey, they are in the AFC Championship game, right? And then once again faced the Bears in week 17. Many say that the Bears didn't go 100 percent in that game, my response is, why didn't the Bears rest their starters? Get back to me on that one Bears fans.

When you look at it, the defense for the Pack shouldn't be the problem, it all depends on what the offense does. With the addition of James Starks, the Packers now have a balanced attack that should worry any team. Aaron Rodgers to, Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, Jordy Nelson or James Jones, come on man! I'll admit the Bears D-Line is scary. The LB core is also one of the best in the NFL. But that secondary is a little shaky and Chris Harris is banged up. The field conditions and secondary of the Bears wont be able to slow the speedy Packers offense, it will be the Packers themselves if anything. As long as we dont have break away TD dropped passes or fumbles after a big game, we should be fine.

So when a fan poses the question, are Packers fans over confident about this game, I say No, we are not confident enough.

Members online

Latest posts