1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Are Packer fans as bad as Boston/New York fans?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by El Guapo, Jan 30, 2012.

1. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +879
    LOL. Fail.

2. LombardiChick

LombardiChick Win or lose, I love this team.

Ratings:
    +678
    You own Packer stock?

3. LombardiChick

LombardiChick Win or lose, I love this team.

Ratings:
    +678
    That's some pretty breathtaking insensitivity right there. You obviously didn't see Mike McCarthy break down at the podium during his presser, or weren't aware of all the tweets by players and their family members who expressed heartfelt, grave concern for Coach Philbin and his family - but even if you had, I guess you just couldn't "understand", right?

4. PFanCan

Ratings:
    +879
    Congrats on flunking nothing.

Really? Why would you cut them some slack under these conditions? I mean, these guys are PROFESSIONALS. They are PAID to play through pain (emotional AND physical).

On a serious note, I think it unfortunately had a negative impact on the team. Probably not the whole reason, but likely played a role. The Packers played like crud and lost. Giants brought their A-game and won. Let's move forward.

5. PFanCan

Ratings:
    +879
    I think all die-hard fans have a similar "right" to raise hell when their team fails to win. To say that we have more of a "right" to do so is arrogant, imo.

Emotionally, we are no different from any sports franchise with a similar long term duration in one city. Come on- as much as I enjoy saying "Bears Suck" (and they do), their fan base is as emotionally involved as anyone. Same can be said for many other clubs (Pittsburgh, NYG, Dallas, etc.). I am proud that Green Bay can consider itself one of these franchises with such an intense following, but I wouldn't say it's any different.

And financially, our ability to purchase a couple hundred bucks of stock once or twice in a lifetime is a drop in the bucket compared with typical annual costs of season ticket holders for any professional sport in any city. Heck, even the lifetime costs of NFL Ticket (or Gamepass for those of us who are international) dwarfs the financial investment of a single share of Packer stock. Geez, an authentic jersey is even more expensive that the stock.

Let's keep our modesty here.

6. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +416
    I believe Nike is going to make it equal to a piece of stock. :(

I don't think we are, we had good reasons for the high hopes, and sadly this is the first Packers team to win a superbowl one year and not return another. Other than divisional rivalries and the fans that really want to sock you one when your team loses (or thinks they will), most on this forum have been trying to be decent.

7. Eric87

Eric87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +39
    Hahaha. This is satire, right?

You cannot impact the result of a Packer game in anywhere close to the same manner you impact your own career or life. There is no analogy here. In fact, a lot of folks (believe it or not) watch sports precisely BECAUSE it is something they cannot impact the results of, in CONTRAST with the stresses and responsibilities of their own lives.

• Like Like x 1
  8. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    So the 6 int game in playoffs vs the Rams---no excuses and you sent letters to Brett and the Packers?

9. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    I felt this team for this season was winning because of the amazing offence. When this team entered the playoffs and played high caliber teams the Defence could not help out the offence a tad bit.

The team was really good in regular season. The offence did all the work all season.

Had the offence not play as it did we would of lost alot more games.

If we had Last years Defence and This years offence we would of been Unbeatable.

• Like Like x 1