Anyone still saying this team is just in a funk?

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of posters on here saying this team could easily be a 2 loss team and that this team isnt as bad as what we just witnessed against the Cards.

Can you please share who you are and if you still feel like this team should make little to no adjustments after this season? Please give some reasons as well.

Thank you

*edit* sorry, not a **** post, just not in the mood to be witty or creative after that poor showing at home to wrap our season a month earlier than normal.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like I have this proclamation saved in an archive somewhere for easy access, and I'll say it again like I've been saying for two months. This is not a good team. This is not a very talented team. At least not the veterans. The very mention of Ted Thompson's name makes me want to retch. Mark "the Yes Man" Murphy is responsible for letting this get out of control. I could go on but I have just made myself too disgusted to go on further.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Sit Arod and play backups, and practice squad to see who is on team next year, the only one of vets I would consider keeping is Cobb, will get a lot of disagrees but imo he is at least a keeper.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sit Arod and play backups, and practice squad to see who is on team next year, the only one of vets I would consider keeping is Cobb, will get a lot of disagrees but imo he is at least a keeper.
You're right. This is a disagree post. He's nowhere near worth 10 mil.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I dont think the team is as bad as what we are seeing they just gave up. MM lost the locker room and Rodgers is playing like the crap I took yesterday.

Need to rebuild with new HC and clean house.

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like I have this proclamation saved in an archive somewhere for easy access, and I'll say it again like I've been saying for two months. This is not a good team. This is not a very talented team. At least not the veterans. The very mention of Ted Thompson's name makes me want to retch. Mark "the Yes Man" Murphy is responsible for letting this get out of control. I could go on but I have just made myself too disgusted to go on further.
Absolutely. Mark Murphy is definitely at fault and should be held responsible. By that I mean he should be fired!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And if they won the rest of the games for us, then what?
Oh man.
Wouldn't that be something?
Fans would riot in the GB streets for McMoron to go.
As soon as they finished their brats and beer. Maybe.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think the team is as bad as what we are seeing they just gave up. MM lost the locker room and Rodgers is playing like the crap I took yesterday.

Need to rebuild with new HC and clean house.
How dare you suggest such a thing!

Without using this: :poop:

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah he is not worth $10mil but he is reliable and you could renotiate his contract, outside of Devante Cobb is been another go to weapon.

Huh? He can't stay on the field and is invisible when he is on it. He can't separate, isn't a playmaker in space anymore and doesn't have great hands. This isn't 2012. Cobb isn't good.

OP
OP
sjb12681

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's going to be a crap 19 as well, bc we need to cut fat contracts and take it on the salary cap chin next year. We should be moving on from:

GRAHAM
COBB
BULAGA
MATTHEWS
WILKERSON
CROSBY
PERRY

Honestly, this feels like a full rebuild. We have some young talent, but heavy contracts for AR, ADAMS, Bakhtiari. gonna be some cap pain upcoming.

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's going to be a crap 19 as well, bc we need to cut fat contracts and take it on the salary cap chin next year. We should be moving on from:

GRAHAM
COBB
BULAGA
MATTHEWS
WILKERSON
CROSBY
PERRY

Honestly, this feels like a full rebuild. We have some young talent, but heavy contracts for AR, ADAMS, Bakhtiari. gonna be some cap pain upcoming.
I hate to have to agree but it’s the way I see it moving forward as well. Too many bad contracts we just need to bite the bullet and move on.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Huh? He can't stay on the field and is invisible when he is on it. He can't separate, isn't a playmaker in space anymore and doesn't have great hands. This isn't 2012. Cobb isn't good.
Your right he is not as good as 2012 but next to Devante, who else has stepped up and been consistent? Arod is leaning more on Devante because he is reliable and when Cobb is healthy and on the field he is a second option for Arod.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe I was the one that was the most vocal in regards to this department. I'm pretty sure this was directed at me, or one of the primary people anyways. I got nothing to say. Feel free to say anything. I'm not gonna hide.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks/has thought the team is just in a funk are living in the past and don't have the foresight to see that the talent level has been dwindling for years to the point where even Rodgers can't be depended on to save this organization from themselves.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
By the end of the game today, a good chunk of the team playing was backups. Cobb was nothing special. That is part of the problem. I'd keep him for twice vet minimum. He'll want and get more elsewhere.

Reaction score
I’d also like to see change in the front office/executive coaching area. It all trickles down from there.
Then I’d like to see us retool AR for once. At least 1 high caliber veteran WR or RB in their prime to pair with Davante or Aaron Jones. Then I’d hit that O line with at minimum a stellar Tackle to replace Bulaga (maybe keep Bulaga through his ‘19 contract as a backup so we don’t eat $5M..he’s older now and very injury prone)
Then get an explosive O-Guard that can blow a DT off his feet at the goal line and in 4th and inches.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have too much money tied into underperforming or non-existent Vets.

Cobb, Crosby, Graham, Matthews, Perry & Bulaga account for a very large percentage of the cap, yet provide minimal.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts