1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone heard from Favre.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackOne, May 7, 2007.

1. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I have noticed that since the draft I can't recall a single article with any draft reaction from Favre himself. Has he said anything - or is he smartly holding his tongue ?

2. Titletown088

Titletown088 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Your surprised because he's usually such an outspoken guy?

3. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    If form proves correct he will tow the company line, if I was in the position (yep another dream) I would like many take the wait and see approach to the rookies... especially the Offensive ones.

4. Lare

Lare Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think Favre has around 12 million reasons to keep quiet and not make any waves this offseason. Probably one reason why it's been so boring.

Now that I think about it, I can't imagine there's a more boring team in all of professional sports. The only time anything newsworthy happens here is when TT doesn't do something.

5. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
  6. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    He called me a few days ago. He said he's doing fine, the ankle is healing good and he is can't wait to prank some jokes on the rooks on the team.

No worries from the Favre front.

7. Oannes

Oannes Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, ZtC, he told me he was too busy trying to figure out a way to throw into quadruple coverage to make any comments.

He also told me James "Round 3 Tragedy" Jones is the perfect guy to split the quadruple team and get the ball. In his tape study, he said we just don't have anyone who can go up in quadruple coverage and get the oblong, but Jones is that guy.

He's gotten tired of Robert Ferguson not going up to get the ball in triple coverage and hopes he's cut.

Oh, and his thoughts on no Moss? He's mad as you know what. He fears he's now a shoo in to set the all-time interception record because he won't have Randy to bail him out on some of his wild throws. :)

Don't get mad... I'm just having fun like you guys.

This is a BOMBSHELL!!!! http://www.officialbrettfavre.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10511&start=0

8. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Its a BOMBSHELL!

OMFGBBQWTF!

9. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6

hence all the speculation and whining and crying. maybe if we had a TO here people could think and knee jerk react to what hes saying.

10. Since69

Since69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    This is just my opinion, of course, but that thread is complete bullshit.

Moss is going to the Patriots because he wanted to. Moss is on the record as saying that New England was the only (interested) team that he would have taken a paycut for. Can you imagine the uproar around here if TT had agreed to cough up $20M for two years of his services?

TT did the smart thing. The people who wanted Moss in Green Bay are just bashing the most convenient scapegoat.

11. MassPackersFan

MassPackersFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That board makes me ashamed to be a Packers fan. What a bunch of whiney, clueless babies. WAAAAA Ted Thompson WAAAAAAAAAA. Ignore how excited Brett was to come back after almost retiring after Sherman's last year.

Ahem..

Is Favre normally outspoken during the offseason? Isn't he likely tending his land and ignoring all the crap?

12. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    i agree but that wasnt a green bay packer fan site. it was a brett favre fan site... hence the priority.

13. Arles

Arles Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    So Favre runs the forums? If not, it's still just a bunch of fans speculating.

14. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I don't remember Favre saying anything any other off season, except when we were waiting for his "play or retire" game.
    Other then that, i don't remember him ever talking the off season.

15. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I'll look forward to your scarcity when these guys are playing good football next year, and Brett actually makes smart decisions (like he did last year, under MM's guidance) and throws DD over his shoulder (like he did last year, evidently after throwing into 'quadruple coverage').

Please go away, you over-linking, Favre-firsting, flamebag.

16. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +112
    he will do all his talking when he breaks all of Marino records, wins us the Super Bowl and retires