Anyone else looking forward to Thurs. night?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually it seemed Brees was a tad rusty too. Had he connected on two different passes, which he seemed to make regularly last year, the score would have been at least 28. He just overthrew his receiver who clearly had the defense beat.

coulda woulda shoulda. They shut down Brees, the Offense just couldnt get it going.

Jared Allen isnt getting sacks and they still shut down the saints for most of the game? That scares me. I know we all hate the vikings but trashing a D that did great last night is just stupid.

Other than the running game you can see alot of similarities between the Saint and Pack on offense.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
coulda woulda shoulda. They shut down Brees, the Offense just couldnt get it going.

Jared Allen isnt getting sacks and they still shut down the saints for most of the game? That scares me. I know we all hate the vikings but trashing a D that did great last night is just stupid.

Other than the running game you can see alot of similarities between the Saint and Pack on offense.

Letting receivers get open and running past your secondary isn't necessarily shutting a team down. I wasn't overly impressed with their pass coverage.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Bretts no completed passes in 3rd q didnt factor in anything?

Was pretty evident that Favre and the receivers had no synchronization after the first half. They scored 9 in the second quarter because they kept ramming down the Saints weak defensive trenches. Then the Saints get up 14-9 and Childress panicked.

Neither of those teams are making the playoffs playing like that, let alone Super Bowl. I believe the announcers said the (edit - Vikings) have 5 of their next 6 games against 2009 playoff teams and the one that isn't is Miami. They're in trouble if that's the case.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I don't think the Vikings shutdown brees. More like brees' receivers shut him down by dropping a ton of balls.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I read this; 4. "This time, the better team won
The Vikings only found success on either side of the ball with Adrian Peterson, Vicanthe Shiancoe, and perhaps the linebackers. Other than that, they were outplayed everywhere. That's not what we saw back in January."

On coldhardfootballfacts.com

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I don't think the Vikings shutdown brees. More like brees' receivers shut him down by dropping a ton of balls.
So for the Saints it's the result of the WR's dropping passes and for the Vikings it's because Brett didn't throw to the right spot? I have that correct, right? Just want to make sure.

Both of these teams played lousy on the offensive side of the game, or, both defense's played better than what we think. I saw a lot of mistake's from both teams. The Saints have had trouble with keeping a starting LB'er and the Vikings have had injury issues on the O-line and WR all training camp. Harvin's been practicing for a week, Camarillo has only been there two weeks, the starting center, a week. Not that those are excuses. I expected better from both teams on offense.

Both teams need to clean it up and clean it up fast or neither one will make it to the playoffs. If the Saints play like that next week I can see the Niners beating them. The Vikings have a tough first 6 games and if they don't get on track fast they will be 2-4 in no time.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Both teams need to clean it up and clean it up fast or neither one will make it to the playoffs. If the Saints play like that next week I can see the Niners beating them. The Vikings have a tough first 6 games and if they don't get on track fast they will be 2-4 in no time.

I wouldn't mind one bit if both of these teams took a nose dive. I don't want them to clean it up.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was pretty evident that Favre and the receivers had no synchronization after the first half. They scored 9 in the second quarter because they kept ramming down the Saints weak defensive trenches. Then the Saints get up 14-9 and Childress panicked.

Neither of those teams are making the playoffs playing like that, let alone Super Bowl. I believe the announcers said the (edit - Vikings) have 5 of their next 6 games against 2009 playoff teams and the one that isn't is Miami. They're in trouble if that's the case.

Miami then Detroit then a bye week.

After that is where they will hit a stretch that no team would want, @ Jets, vs Cowboys, @ Packers, @ New England.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Miami then Detroit then a bye week.

After that is where they will hit a stretch that no team would want, @ Jets, vs Cowboys, @ Packers, @ New England.

LOL, I thought I heard that too. I must have been watching the wrong league last year. I didn't know Detroit was that good.

Members online

Latest posts