Anyone else have this problem when watching on TV? (11/20)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have a wide screen TV.
Yet while watching today's Battle of the Bays game on Fox, the little score/clock thingy in the top left corner wasn't all there or 100% visible like it has been in all the other games on Fox.
We couldn't see the minutes and Tampa Bay's score.
I don't think it was the TV. (Maybe we need a wider screen as big as the Cowboys? LOL)
Just wondering if anyone else had the same problem.

The other channels, CBS, NBC and ESPN have it right with a bar across the top or bottom.
Why can't Fox do this?
What a bunch of morons.

Also, if you respond to this thread, let me know what state/area you are in when watching.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Have the same problem over here with Fox, a big problem last year.

The TV in my bedroom is quite old (1998) and while it still works great, the scoreboard on Fox often would be barely visible in the corner of the screen, where in the living room, you can see it great on the wide screen.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
crazy thought , but could it of been your format button?? I know if mine gets pushed inadvertently it changes the the size of the image in the screen. just wondering..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
yeah format..Sometimes one channel will look fine one way and the next doesnt look the same

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It may be the FOX station itself, I know that the Johnstown, PA FOX station does something similar, while the Pittsburgh, PA FOX station gets the whole picture. But I don't have a widescreen TV, so I'm not totally sure.

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes I get that, but today it was fine. I usually watch the game from Green Bay but today I watched it in Cudahy (Milwaukee).

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
crazy thought , but could it of been your format button?? I know if mine gets pushed inadvertently it changes the the size of the image in the screen. just wondering..
We have two remotes.
One that came with the TV and the other is from Charter Cable which goes with the DVR/Cable box.
I don't know if there is a format button on either one but I'll look for that.
I did try the various screens. (Cinema/Wide/Normal) and the scoreboard was the same in all.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

Zoom. It does that on my TV if I have the zoom feature on, it actually cuts off part of the image. On normal setting it shrinks the image down to a wide screen format.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
hmmm well the only reason why I suggested it, was that my computer illiterate neighbor told me about it!!!:unsure:
AND it worked in my case! Just didn't notice if it was fox or not that I was having problems with.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could it be Fox is broadcasting in standard format, not wide screen? Or does that even matter if you can fix is in your settings? I don't know if you can change the signal format to wide screen.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zoom. It does that on my TV if I have the zoom feature on, it actually cuts off part of the image. On normal setting it shrinks the image down to a wide screen format.
I tried that and it was the same in all the different image sizes.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kitten you are right about the zoom,that was my problem old t.v. who knows.I did at the time think fox was problem till my son said mom you have the zoom on problem has been solved.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I can't help you with your problem, but MY television displayed Crosby missing a FG and Rodgers throwing an INT. Very strange.

Anyone else having this problem with their TV?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't help you with your problem, but MY television displayed Crosby missing a FG and Rodgers throwing an INT. Very strange.

I heard that aliens took over the Packers but were soon overpowered so they decided to take over the Bears instead. They also interfered with the TV signal.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I was waiting for this type of reply! LOL

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
"Thank you for your email. FOX Sports has recently upgraded the way they send out their signal to cable and satellite operators but some have not enabled the feature that would fix the FOX BOX on your TV. In order to have the FOX BOX displayed correctly on your television, you must contact your provider and ask them to enable the AFD feature. FOX has made all providers aware of the switch but some have not correctly activated the feature."

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100731132527AAAEsJ4

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
FF, youre probably not watching an HD feed, that would be why you're not seeing the whole screen. Let me guess too, its in 4:3 format and not the entire widescreen...?

Members online

Latest posts