Anyone catch this on 620 TMJ?

chickpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saturday at noon on 620 TMJ out of Milwaukee some sports show started discussing football and hold outs. The conversation quickly turned to Walker, Owens and Rosenhaus. Gerald Boyle a Milwaukee are attorney well know for some high profile dependents as Chmura and Dahmer called in. He said that the way to combat this type of hold out is for the fans or a team(but he acknowledged no team would do it) to file a class action suit against Rosenhaus. He said that he had spoken in great detail with Chmura about the player contract language and then he proceeded to lay it out step by step legally on how fans could file.

It was a pretty interesting idea - and seemed plausable based on Boyle's recommendation.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no doubt that there are enough Packer fans to have one step up and donate some money for such a lawsuit - but I hate Lawyers to begin with... why give them all that money? It's an interesting approach - but it'd have to be handled a bit outside the Organization - We're just not solvent enought to throw stones in that direction. We'll see....

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you're going to have any kind of action involving class, why would you want to include a lawyer??

I'd rather see each team let holdouts sit until they decide to play.

The class action suit ought to involve bringing the price of tickets back to where the average fan can enjoy them.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I'd like to see a clause that if you hold out, you repay ur entire bonus's regardless if the nature of the bonus and you forfeit to the team half of what you have already earned.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Slick that would be something that should be negotiated at the next contract.

JBlood, even if ticket prices were rolled back to where the average fan could afford them, you still wouldn't be able to get a ticket to a Packer game. Amazing isn't it.

I would like to see the NFL in general do something about holdouts. This is ridiculous. You have players who have contract who say, "I'm not going to work for that." I look at Bubba and I say, here is a guy who has earned the right to hold out. He doesn't have a contract and is trying to negotiate one. That is only type of hold out I can understand.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packedhouse, that's because the Packer fans are the greatest in the western world. I'd like to see a cap on earnings for the NFL and roll back ticket prices on the excesses. The holdouts always have the right to go to Canada. The owners have to swallow their greed and allow that to happen, instead of thinking that adding one malcontent to their team will make them Champions.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand why the teams just don't file a lawsuit for breach of contract when a player holds out. I'd like to see Terrell Owens try to explain to a judge and jury why it's not illegal to hold out.

I think if teams started going to court in cases where players held out, the teams would win in court and you'd see less holdouts in the future. I don't think the players would have a leg to stand on legally in a court of law for holding out while under contract.

The Dolphins got money back from Rickey Williams when they took him to court for not fullfilling his contract when he retired early. I think teams would also win in court against players who are under contract but are holding out.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know a little bit about what Boyle is talking about(I'm not a lawyer but I'm around them constantly). He's right. What Rosenhaus is doing is essentially interfering in a legal contract between two parties.

It just might work.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
I know a little bit about what Boyle is talking about(I'm not a lawyer but I'm around them constantly). He's right. What Rosenhaus is doing is essentially interfering in a legal contract between two parties.

It just might work.

Another thing that would be great about it is it would tie up Rottenlouse's time and effort fighting it. It would be great to have the teams win in a lawsuit like this and put an end to all the bs.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
That is an interesting take on how to do it. Sounds good! So who has the money for that?!? :)

The teams, the league, and the fans could all pay. I would sure be glad to kick in.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:

It just might work.

net is right in that there is a tort of interference in the US; however, the fans would not be able to sue Rosenhaus for interference in a contract between the Packers and Walker as they are not a party to such agreement.

Gravedigger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JBlood said:
Packedhouse, that's because the Packer fans are the greatest in the western world. I'd like to see a cap on earnings for the NFL and roll back ticket prices on the excesses. The holdouts always have the right to go to Canada. The owners have to swallow their greed and allow that to happen, instead of thinking that adding one malcontent to their team will make them Champions.

I like that Ring Lardner comment! Too bad so many fans today are nothing but doormats for the magnates.

"Duhhhhhhhhh, I love paying $400 to scalpers."

If the league could give a franchise to the Queens, why not a league with 110 teams? That might help ticket availability.

:D

Gravedigger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
chickpackfan said:
Saturday at noon on 620 TMJ out of Milwaukee some sports show started discussing football and hold outs. The conversation quickly turned to Walker, Owens and Rosenhaus. Gerald Boyle a Milwaukee are attorney well know for some high profile dependents as Chmura and Dahmer called in. He said that the way to combat this type of hold out is for the fans or a team(but he acknowledged no team would do it) to file a class action suit against Rosenhaus. He said that he had spoken in great detail with Chmura about the player contract language and then he proceeded to lay it out step by step legally on how fans could file.

It was a pretty interesting idea - and seemed plausable based on Boyle's recommendation.

Is Boyle one of the attorneys representing Vang?

Gravedigger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
net said:

It just might work.

net is right in that there is a tort of interference in the US; however, the fans would not be able to sue Rosenhaus for interference in a contract between the Packers and Walker as they are not a party to such agreement.

Why wouldn't the parties be the owners and players? If we own stock we should be party to the agreement.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If there is a decent possibllity of winning I hope the teams, management, or in GB's case stockholders proceed.

But I wonder why this would not have come up long before?

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the post arrow. Sounds like TT is keeping a lot cooler head than many or us fans, myself included. I'd still love to see the suit filed because of Rottenlouse not Javon, although Javon needs to accept responsibility as the final decisions are his. However, I don't believe we would be in this position without an instigater such as Rottenlouse and I might add TO. Javon needs to re-evaluate his circle of "friends".

Members online

Latest posts